Wishlists Megathread

flight50

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4001 Post by flight50 » 05 Jul 2021 13:27

I wonder if he/she is actually referring to ETS2. This is the ATS wishlist so the post is in the wrong forum perhaps. There are no EU laws in North America that are applicable. Not to mention rigids. Rigids seems to be more of a want for ETS2 players. Although they do exist here, they are less in use compared to Europe.

Half the list is feasible. All the interaction with the inside of the truck doesn't do much good at all. That won't happen and it getting too deep for what the purpose of the game is.
AlwaysLonging

#4002 Post by AlwaysLonging » 05 Jul 2021 14:12

AlwaysLonging wrote: 05 Jul 2021 07:33 Hello developers and fellow virtual truckers,

Having finally logged 1000+ hours on this wonderful simulator, I would like to congratulate the developers on their excellent work and my fellow players for being supportive and patient with the developers.

Coming to my wishes, I am not a beta tester, so I took a look at the change log for v1.41 only yesterday. While I understand that SCS has a better understanding of the needs and demands from the game and surely has a solid roadmap to cater to the same, I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed with the upcoming features. I am sure that there are other players out there who, like me, don't care much about the convoy multiplayer mode. However, as I said earlier, I'm sure SCS knows their priorities. Nevertheless, as part of a future update, it would be nice to see all/some of the following features:

1. Implementation of driving hour limitations including a working tachograph as per EU laws with a written manual for player reference, along with route planning by the player to adhere to the laws, and corresponding fines for violations

- A short cutscene/camera pan depicting the driver setting the tachograph to rest mode, getting out of the seat and reclining in the bunk bed or sitting in the co-
driver's seat (if it is a day-cab) for the 15+30 min or 45 min breaks, after which the driver gets back in their seat and switches the tachograph back to driving mode

- A short cutscene in which interior cabin lights turn on, the tachograph is set to rest mode, black-out curtains are drawn, the driver lies down in the bunk bed,
the parking heater turns on, the lights go off, the current black screen is displayed and the reverse sequence plays while waking up

- Member knox_xss has sort of implemented different camera views in his Renault Magnum mod available on this forum. Something similar may perhaps be done by SCS
themselves

2. Implementation of rigid trucks combined with a licensing system for progression, which includes training sessions for parking at the hardest difficulty (both in tight spaces and blind-side) in rigids, artics, doubles, and other types of trailers

3. Manual loading and unloading of at least player-owned trailers - small animated clips from different angles (similar to the cutscene at the beginning of an oversized transport job) along with a time lapse, after which the tachograph needs to be set to driving

4. Dedicated button, perhaps Num 2, with preset zoom into the instrument cluster (gauges and trip computer); this would be a boon for those of us who play on smaller screens and at less than 1080p especially on trucks like the Ivecos, whose gauges and trip computer are not the most legible because of the FOV

5. Clickable buttons on the dashboard and overhead compartment would be surreal and could then have real switches for the front and roof aux lights and the beacons

6. If player-interactable buttons can indeed be implemented, manual AC controls would be brilliant to have; setting the cab too cold reduces driving time by half an hour

7. If AC controls can indeed be implemented, the windscreen fogging up when it is cold outside would then have to be manually defogged by the player using the AC controls; if not, at least the option to have a heated windscreen with a dedicated button to switch it on and off

8. A correct implementation of the battery voltage indicator, with the possibility of the battery going flat if the player leaves any of the electricals mentioned above on while taking the day's mandatory 11 hour rest or if the player quits the game with any electricals left on!

9. Road-side assistance with a cutscene instead of towing, depending on the severity of the damage and a cutscene for the emergency refueling option along with the corresponding in-game time lapse

10. The option to alter the accelerator response for players who play on the keyboard; perhaps implementing a torque control curve that is internally linked to the vehicle speed or better yet, to the duration for which the key is held down especially when starting from a standing stop. More simply, giving keyboard players the choice to cap the acceleration intensity which in turn, can be visually seen on the truck computer on both the instantaneous fuel consumption/engine load page as well as the turbo pressure page/physical dashboard gauge
Please disregard this post. I accidentally posted it under ATS while it was actually meant for ETS2. It's my first time posting anything, anywhere, and apparently once someone has replied to a post, it can't be deleted, so please excuse me.
Underscore_101_

#4003 Post by Underscore_101_ » 05 Jul 2021 14:31

1: good idea, but cutscenes need to be optional, like how the current cutscenes are,
also we should still be able to turn it off like we can now :-)

2: also good idea, but no license system, i already have my real life license for rigids, and i
can play with artics in the game already and have done so for near 3500 hours (ATS and ETS2 combined)

3: not a good idea, Truck drivers do not load/unload their truck in the spirit of this game, at best
they use a pallet truck to maneuver the pallets, or trolleys in the right place during on and off loading.
But generally speaking drivers don't load/unload other than securing the load which is the drivers responsibility.

4: probably a good idea, don't need it, but I can imagine people may like that in the situation you draw.
also, I use simdashboard.

5: Probably also a good idea, but I use a button box so no need for also fiddling with mouse through truck
I've played that bus sim and it's super annoying :-)

6: Don't see the point of it, I'm playing in my living room, but a good idea in combination with point 7 :-)

8: Good idea, kinda like realistic air.

9: I don't like cutscenes :-)

10: no idea, I play with pedals :-)
joschac2

#4004 Post by joschac2 » 06 Jul 2021 10:45

We already have zoom.
It in camera settings in controls.
[ external image ]
@AlwaysLonging
Bandit & The Snowman

#4005 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 06 Jul 2021 12:12

Oh! Really? So that’s what I’ve been using all the time :) Well, read my post again and try to spot the point I made.
TrickyNick77

#4006 Post by TrickyNick77 » 08 Jul 2021 21:21

Hi everyone,
I'd like to request a couple of suggestions but before I do, a small snippt about me - I am visually impaired and certain things are hard to see.

Also, this is the ATS subforum, but the first post talks about ETS2, so if this is in the wrong place, please move it.

1) Make street lights bigger (togglable option) as they are a touch too small to see if they are red, yellow, green.

2) Place the lights on the telemetry, I use SIM Dashboard to make a custom dashboard that I can see on my 2nd monitor for things (speed, damage, etc) and would be nice if the upcoming lights could be added so I know what the lights are.

3) Place the messages that appear on the GPS into telemetry as well. Messages like the V key (forget what it turns on/off), you're tired message, the fines you are assed as well, so that I can see what I'm getting fined and what the reason is.

4) Options to turn off only certain traffic offenses. If 1 and/or 2 cannot enabled, turn off JUST red light violations or JUST speeding violations, etc so you can fine tune what real rules to follow.

5) Can the game mouse and the system mouse be the same? i.e. I use the Magnify program built into windows that magnifies based on where the system mouse is, but since the game mouse is not at the same point, it doesn't magnify the correct location I want to zoom in on.

EDIT: Added option 5.
Bandit & The Snowman

#4007 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 08 Jul 2021 23:17

Not sure if they’ll do these changes as they would affect the vast majority that is not vision impaired. You may have to use a favorable FOV setting. Also use the zoom key a lot (which I do as well and my eyes are about okay).
TrickyNick77

#4008 Post by TrickyNick77 » 09 Jul 2021 14:45

What about my option #3 and #5? #3 really wouldn't affect everyone unless the use the telemetry system that is already in use even if they aren't using it. I don't think it would be hard to implement either?

#5 I don't know if this would be easy or hard to implement, but it shouldn't affect anyone since the mouse is already on the screen. The only difference would be that the system mouse pointer (which I suppose is hidden) would follow the game mouse pointer.
Harpole94

#4009 Post by Harpole94 » 09 Jul 2021 16:01

One thing that would be nice and I don't know if any one has suggested this or not, the ability to dispatch your hired AI drivers so that way they don't return to home base without a load at least
dubmans

#4010 Post by dubmans » 12 Jul 2021 03:41

1. I would love to see a system that if you damage your truck(trailer) based on the percent damage the truck (trailer) will be down for service for X amount of days or hours,
and use a back up truck (trailer) until its repaired.

2A. Random DOT inspections at Weight Stations again based on truck/ trailer damage based on tire ware, If the truck/trailer has violations it will be down until nearest repair truck comes out and services the truck also driver has to pay the repair driver for fuel/and repairs.
2B .Same applies to driver fatigue if caught driving over hours. Driver will be forced to rest the required hours.

3. Police that give case/ pull you over for traffic fines. Like in Haulin.

4. Possible CB talk commands like in the previous games.

5. Since MP is introduced, possible Real time weather, Snow, and Fog.

6. Bring some random things (animals, rocks) crossing the road (as shown in Scania truck driving simulator).

7. Rain physics on road (and snow physics if snow is introduced)

8. If Tires are neglected simulated tire blow out.

9. Possible contract with company. Company's sending you offers to join with bonus deliver X amount of loads or drive X amount of miles. Also Company keeps track of damages to the trailer or truck, and based on how your drive (driver rating) they can extended or drop you. kinda like PTTM Star System.

10. Option to lease truck/ trailer.

I know its a lot but i would be nice if one or all made it in the game. i know exhaust smoke will never make it in the game.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”