Wishlists Megathread

Grish

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3981 Post by Grish » 26 Jun 2021 07:26

Hello SCS!

It is still a long way to go, but ultimately the map will reach North Carolina. And i thought it would be awesome, if you could include the "11 foot 8" bridge, the famous "Can Opener", located in city of Durham. If you by any chance never heard of it, just check it on Youtube, you won't be dissapointed :D
Vinnie Terranova

#3982 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 26 Jun 2021 07:46

Yeah, that would be nice! That bridge is about as famous as the Golden Gate bridge.
flight50

#3984 Post by flight50 » 26 Jun 2021 14:59

The 11'-8" bridge.....there is no point in that bridge in ATS and its not a good idea at all to include that. If its too low, there is no point to add it. SCS would raise it anyways. The second point is, that route definitely doesn't look like a trucking route. Box trucks are not semi trucks which is what ATS has. I'm sure I-85 makes the game but NC-147 won't so making that surace street accessible, is more than likely not in the equation. Durham at best is a scenic town though. It more than likely gets absorbed by Raleigh.
Vinnie Terranova

#3985 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 26 Jun 2021 16:09

Two videos of semi trucks at the 11foot8 bridge: video 1, video 2. I even didn't search for '11foot8 bridge semi', I just searched for '11foot8 bridge' on youtube. So it really would be awesome if we could get the 11foot8 bridge in the game. Not as a normal truck route, but more as scenery (without being blocked by a XXX barrier, so if somebody really wants to try driving under that bridge, he should have the opportunity). At least the 11foot8 bridge would be an awesome and surprising addition to this wonderful game. :D
Underscore_101_

#3986 Post by Underscore_101_ » 26 Jun 2021 16:43

This reminds me of the one time I drove a 3.80 mtr rigid under a 3.80 viaduct, but I was aware of what I was doing and made it after lowering the back, must have been less then an inch :-)

Anyhoo, I was just playing ATS for a change and then had another load from Sell Goods and I really wish SCS changed some Sell Good and Waliberts to different (read new) companies, there are just too many of them, some other companies have 2 in a city as well.
Compared to ETS2 ATS really needs to step up on that, variety of companies (and also give some companies painted AI trailers that don't have it now).
flight50

#3987 Post by flight50 » 26 Jun 2021 18:13

@Underscore_101_ I've been complaining about this for the pass 1-2 years, lmao. Prior to Iberia, I made the below comparison of repeat companies that I posted somewhere on this forum that I can't find. If ATS is a much smaller map, why do we have so many repeats....I don't get it. But the pics below are the same. If I'm the only one complaining and no one cares, nothing will happen. There doesn't seem to be a lot of people that care about company diversity when the economy should be the main focus of the game. I can count about a dozen people that speak up with me but I know for a fact, there is more than 12 people that play ATS. Compared to ETS2, ATS is ridiculous with diversity for companies. Walmart is the worse. I know Walmart is everywhere in our 1:1 world. We all know that. But that does not mean ATS's 1:20 scale has to reflect that. Where ever there is a Target, swap it in instead of Walmart. Thin out Walmart. Same thing with Home Depot. Less populated than Walmart but where there is a Lowes, do it instead. Even better.....2 more I always talk about is Sam's Club and Costco's. These are bulk sale stores. In the largest cities, you will find these where you see Walmart/Target. If Sam's or Costco is there...no need for a Walmart. By the time the US is done, we could end up with 500+ Walmarts. That is not diversity at all. The longer they take to add diversity, the harder it will be later on to fix because the map will be much larger.

Getting a ton of these National companies in the game now is much better in the long run. Where are the National chain grocery stores? Gas stations, Clothing stores, car dealerships, food factories, warehouses/distribution centers, Logistics carriers, hardware stores... I can give as list of at least 50 National companies that could be in ATS now and that would still be far fewer than ETS2 has. At the least, ATS should have at least 12 national chains added with Colorado released.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Look at this list along for Logistic for ETS2 and this too was a screen shot before Iberia released. Compare that to ATS's (1) with SellGoods, ETS2 has 6 Logistic companies. There is a solid 10+ US well known National Carriers. Swift is one an they reached out to SCS not to long ago. Hopefully something develops there.
[ external image ]

For that 11'-8" bridge, if we can't drive under it, how significant would it really be to ATS. Seeing it from a distance doesn't doo much? The Eisenhower on I-70 is suppose to be 13" 8. SCS made it like 2 feet higher just so we can drive more loads thru it. The same would be done for this 11'-8" if it even had a remote chance for ATS. I'd put that bridge at a 0.1% chance of making ATS.
Vinnie Terranova

#3988 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 26 Jun 2021 18:31

flight50 wrote: 26 Jun 2021 18:13For that 11'-8" bridge, if we can't drive under it, how significant would it really be to ATS. Seeing it from a distance doesn't doo much?
Sometimes it's not about significance or realism. Sometimes it's about humor. Look at all those 100+ easter eggs that can be found in ATS: those are not significant or realistic as well, but what a fun we have with finding those easter eggs! And the same can be said about trying to drive under the 11foot8 brigde with several loads.
flight50

#3989 Post by flight50 » 27 Jun 2021 02:07

There is zero chance that SCS will allow us to purposely crash a truck is what I’m getting at. Either it won’t be there or they raise the clearance for a standard height truck. It’s not like Easter eggs as there won’t be humor behind it.
Vinnie Terranova

#3990 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 27 Jun 2021 07:00

Then we have a different opinion about humor. But that's okay. But it's not about purposely crashing a truck at that bridge; it's about knowing your heights. Are you sure your truck and trailer fit under that bridge? Then drive carefully under that bridge. Are you sure your truck or trailer don't fit under that bridge? Take the detour. Don't you know your heights at all? Then drive very, very carefully.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”