Wishlists Megathread

Bedavd

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4031 Post by Bedavd » 30 Jul 2021 18:47

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but would love to be able to attach flags and oversized banners without having to go through a Service shop. Most of the time I don't know what I'll be hauling until I'm in the city and looking at the jobs, and often times the town I'm in doesn't have a service shop where I can add the flags and banner when I decide I want to take an oversized load. Maybe they could add another section to the F4 menu that allows you to put on things that the driver can attach themselves. Would allow us to maybe put chains on if we ever get weather in the future too.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
supersobes
Global moderator

#4032 Post by supersobes » 30 Jul 2021 19:12

Something I would like to see in ATS is a more flexible speed limiter. Since there is no standard speed for the limiters in US like there is in Europe, fleet owners are given discretion on what the trucks are limited to. I think it would be cool to have this in ATS to allow the player to set their own limited speed. For me personally, I'd like to lower the speed limiter from 65 MPH to 63 MPH.

Another thing that I think could be added to the speed limiter is different limits for the pedal and for the cruise control. IRL, many trucks have a different limit for each. For example, you may only be able to go 63 MPH with the accelerator pedal, but the cruise control might allow you to go 67 MPH, and vice versa.
SirVirgoTheMess

#4033 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 30 Jul 2021 19:14

@supersobes i like your speed limiter suggestion a lot.
flight50

#4034 Post by flight50 » 30 Jul 2021 20:38

@Bedavd Yes. the flags has been mentioned before here. In fact, its one of the more requested items in this wishlist thread for the past 2-3 years. People have said the same as you......F4 menu. At some point, SCS will need to figure out something though. Me personally, I never use them because you can't take them off easily.
Skydemon1231

#4035 Post by Skydemon1231 » 31 Jul 2021 02:47

RossoRacer wrote: 18 Jul 2021 00:23 Oh, and definitely a used truck market, for those of us starting out, and especially for the out of production truck models.
This is a great idea, I want to add they should add some more depth to the career mode I'm not sure how, I need to think on it more before I make a suggestion. It feels lacking though, the lack of interaction with the garage your driver and your company.
GT182

#4036 Post by GT182 » 01 Aug 2021 02:41

I want to thank SCS for fixing the view out of the windshield and side windows of the trucks at night. I can now see at night to make right and left turns, and even see the highway looking out of the driver's door window. It's the best ever and as close to real life as it can be. Again.... thank you.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Freeze338

#4037 Post by Freeze338 » 01 Aug 2021 17:21

Custom loading screen should be implemented. I respect people who took screenshots but personally I like my screenshots are better. So despite to see photos that I don't like, I would like to see mine on loading screens. Here is just a random example. I took that 3 days ago.
20210728213957_1.jpg
Tails

#4038 Post by Tails » 01 Aug 2021 19:34

That would be a nice idea for better loading screens

also for loading screens could use some updates since alot of the loading screens seem to be outdated even some trailers in certain loading screens that no longer show up in ATS.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
Sevandres

#4039 Post by Sevandres » 02 Aug 2021 21:36

Just tossing this out there. I have seen the "next truck speculation" thread and I have posted what I am about the say there, but my next wish would be for the Western Star 4900 truck to be added into the game. We have a lot of modern sloped nose trucks in the game as is, and that's all well and good. How ever I would love to see another square nose "old school" truck added in to join the Pete 389 and the KW W900. The Western Star 4900 best fits this bill in my opinion. Fingers crossed!
Who's Sev, you might ask? Find out here!
flight50

#4040 Post by flight50 » 02 Aug 2021 22:27

^A lot of people feel the same way. The 4900 is the last classic style truck that we could get in ATS that is actually still in production. I'm still a die hard W900 fan and would always revert back to it. But I'd love to see the 4900 in traffic. Its OTR, vocational and regional. I don't have much desire to actually drive the 4900 though. But if we do get it, it would be the best classic model yet considering it would be CAD referenced. I'd like to think that SCS is on very good terms with not only Western Star but with Daimler as a whole. We just got the new Cascadia but Freightliner has a solid line up of older trucks as well that are still on the roads.

So yes, lets keep our fingers crossed. I'm more of a 5700 fan but I think the 4900 is very valid for ATS.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”