Wishlists Megathread

flight50

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3991 Post by flight50 » 27 Jun 2021 08:39

That type of immersion fits hardcore for sure. Many people would love that. But with the scale of the game, it’s tighter to add a bypass road sometimes. I was hoping the Eisenhower on I-70 gave us US-6 to bypass the tunnel but scale just wouldn’t allow that. That’s when I realized 100% that height of low clearances maybe fictional sometimes. They kind of told us this when Special Transport release that road adjustment will be made. Particularly the bridges.
akima

#3992 Post by akima » 27 Jun 2021 10:31

I like how the traffic in GTA 4 & 5 feels. The AI seems to have a human derpyness & diversity to it. The AI in ATS is pretty nice IMO, but I'd prefer it to be more like GTA where vehicles behave differently and are more all-over-the-place. In ATS the traffic can feel a bit like it's on rails and that I'm the only driver on the road that derps around.
Bandit & The Snowman

#3993 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 27 Jun 2021 10:38

Honestly I don’t like GTA5 traffic too much. It has that gangsta flavor like the entire game and it’s too much even there. Though it’s obvious that SCS traffic is too rail-ish but I doubt a change in that would improve AI behavior. They’d still make mistakes that are clearly computer-ish and not like those a human would make.
flight50

#3994 Post by flight50 » 27 Jun 2021 10:56

The Ai will need to get overhauled eventually but to what degree, no telling. I don't know if SCS games are even remotely capable of GTA Ai. I'm fine with on rails actually but there should be more awareness/smarts build in to incorporate the entire environment. Not just other Ai. Seems like they only talk to each other in code. The Ai complete ignores the human player unless they are like 50 ft (15 m) away. The Ai will pull out on a human player in a heartbeat. There should be better triggers in the game to get the Ai to react more fluidly. The proximity awareness is completely off.
Underscore_101_

#3995 Post by Underscore_101_ » 27 Jun 2021 15:52

Bare in mind that GTAv is a completely different game style, in ATS and ETS2 AI are part of the game world that you have to hmmzz acknowledge (for lack of a better word), where in GTA they are just obstacles you have to drive around to get as fast as possible to where you are going, roads are generally wider in gta and you can go off road to pass other vehicles.
Also when you hit a vehicle in GTA you get chased by the police and if you're very good get away with it, in ETS2/ATS you get fined regardless of who's at fault.

The only thing that bothers me sometimes in ATS/ETS2 about the AI is that they brake, or give way to soon, like when there's one AI car in front of you at a traffic light that needs to go left (right for UK) and there's opposite traffic they stop just a car length after the lights to give way and don't move before every opposite AI has passed.
Or when you're leaving a yard and they stop to avoid a collision when there's clearly enough space and don't take into account that you saw them and are stopping.
TheWired

#3996 Post by TheWired » 01 Jul 2021 12:53

In the new convoy feature, can we get a feature where if you have a truck that is not being used, you can share it with a friend? This would be really cool if that can get implemented, especially if your friend is just starting out and you want to give them something to help them out instead of being relegated to just quick jobs.
Bandit & The Snowman

#3997 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 01 Jul 2021 13:42

That’s a cool idea, and just one step ahead of player to player trading! Sounds like a great feature for WoTr. Let’s hope they’ll consider it for 1.42!
flight50

#3998 Post by flight50 » 01 Jul 2021 14:03

The idea isn't bad but its more of a VTC MP feature if you ask me. Regular MP seems more like a O/O thing, you need your own wheels. But with VTC, you belong somewhere. I'd rather see SCS develop VTC's and provide company truck options then.
AlwaysLonging

#3999 Post by AlwaysLonging » 05 Jul 2021 07:33

Hello developers and fellow virtual truckers,

Having finally logged 1000+ hours on this wonderful simulator, I would like to congratulate the developers on their excellent work and my fellow players for being supportive and patient with the developers.

Coming to my wishes, I am not a beta tester, so I took a look at the change log for v1.41 only yesterday. While I understand that SCS has a better understanding of the needs and demands from the game and surely has a solid roadmap to cater to the same, I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed with the upcoming features. I am sure that there are other players out there who, like me, don't care much about the convoy multiplayer mode. However, as I said earlier, I'm sure SCS knows their priorities. Nevertheless, as part of a future update, it would be nice to see all/some of the following features:

1. Implementation of driving hour limitations including a working tachograph as per EU laws with a written manual for player reference, along with route planning by the player to adhere to the laws, and corresponding fines for violations

- A short cutscene/camera pan depicting the driver setting the tachograph to rest mode, getting out of the seat and reclining in the bunk bed or sitting in the co-
driver's seat (if it is a day-cab) for the 15+30 min or 45 min breaks, after which the driver gets back in their seat and switches the tachograph back to driving mode

- A short cutscene in which interior cabin lights turn on, the tachograph is set to rest mode, black-out curtains are drawn, the driver lies down in the bunk bed,
the parking heater turns on, the lights go off, the current black screen is displayed and the reverse sequence plays while waking up

- Member knox_xss has sort of implemented different camera views in his Renault Magnum mod available on this forum. Something similar may perhaps be done by SCS
themselves

2. Implementation of rigid trucks combined with a licensing system for progression, which includes training sessions for parking at the hardest difficulty (both in tight spaces and blind-side) in rigids, artics, doubles, and other types of trailers

3. Manual loading and unloading of at least player-owned trailers - small animated clips from different angles (similar to the cutscene at the beginning of an oversized transport job) along with a time lapse, after which the tachograph needs to be set to driving

4. Dedicated button, perhaps Num 2, with preset zoom into the instrument cluster (gauges and trip computer); this would be a boon for those of us who play on smaller screens and at less than 1080p especially on trucks like the Ivecos, whose gauges and trip computer are not the most legible because of the FOV

5. Clickable buttons on the dashboard and overhead compartment would be surreal and could then have real switches for the front and roof aux lights and the beacons

6. If player-interactable buttons can indeed be implemented, manual AC controls would be brilliant to have; setting the cab too cold reduces driving time by half an hour

7. If AC controls can indeed be implemented, the windscreen fogging up when it is cold outside would then have to be manually defogged by the player using the AC controls; if not, at least the option to have a heated windscreen with a dedicated button to switch it on and off

8. A correct implementation of the battery voltage indicator, with the possibility of the battery going flat if the player leaves any of the electricals mentioned above on while taking the day's mandatory 11 hour rest or if the player quits the game with any electricals left on!

9. Road-side assistance with a cutscene instead of towing, depending on the severity of the damage and a cutscene for the emergency refueling option along with the corresponding in-game time lapse

10. The option to alter the accelerator response for players who play on the keyboard; perhaps implementing a torque control curve that is internally linked to the vehicle speed or better yet, to the duration for which the key is held down especially when starting from a standing stop. More simply, giving keyboard players the choice to cap the acceleration intensity which in turn, can be visually seen on the truck computer on both the instantaneous fuel consumption/engine load page as well as the turbo pressure page/physical dashboard gauge
Bandit & The Snowman

#4000 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 05 Jul 2021 08:53

Great to see you enjoy the game, and good first post.
Even if most of your wishes have been asked before (cf. page 1), elaborating on them is not a bad thing.

About 4. Zoom into the dashboard. Right now I make a compromise between a good seat position/view, and good visibility of the dashboard when I zoom into it to read the dashboard computer. Often that’s not a good compromise as it results in a weird angle in some trucks (esp. in ETS2). So I would welcome a dedicated dashboard zoom that automatically transits to an appropriate viewing angle and back.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”