Wishlists Megathread

Laqueesha

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4221 Post by Laqueesha » 10 Dec 2021 15:27

PIckup trucks with fifth-wheel hitches. Maybe a Sterling Bullet, since that's owned by Daimler whose trucks are in the game already. It can tow lighter loads in the game.
Last edited by Laqueesha on 11 Dec 2021 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
Bandit & The Snowman

#4222 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 10 Dec 2021 15:42

@Grizzly I see. Not strictly force feedback (a motored stick mechanic might be more flexible too, but we'd have to have some API) but it is/was definitely a fascinating project. Someone "should" try to reproduce it :) since @RiftFlyer isn't coming here any more.
Badgerman

#4223 Post by Badgerman » 12 Dec 2021 03:22

I'd love to be able to hire a mechanic to conduct repairs/upgrades in our owned garages. It could be implemented along the same lines as upgrading from a 3-bay to a full 5-bay garage. It could even cost as much as upgrading, but to my mind, it would be much more realistic; even the graphics inside the garage make it look like repair work takes place there, we should have the option of doing it, and avoiding unnecessary trips to dealers etc.
supersobes
Global moderator

#4224 Post by supersobes » 12 Dec 2021 06:29

Something that has been bothering me about this game is how the engine temperatures are simulated. Currently, they only take into accounts the engine load. If you're hard on the throttle, then it will run hotter. If you're light on the throttle, or just idling, then it will cool down. But this is not how it works on a real truck. Another important factor for engine temperature that is completely ignored in-game is vehicle speed. At high speed, there will be more airflow over the radiator, allowing the engine to dissipate heat faster than if the truck was moving slowly or stopped at an idle. I observed this the other day with my car IRL. I left it running in the driveway, and even though it was cold outside, the engine fan was cycling on and off because the car wasn't moving, and thus the engine had less airflow. This is something I would like to see simulated in-game with the temperature readings on the dashboard.
Vinnie Terranova

#4225 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 12 Dec 2021 07:36

About temperature: does anybody know if the weather temperature changes during the day-night cycle? Or do we have to wait for a proper weather/climate overhaul?
supersobes
Global moderator

#4226 Post by supersobes » 12 Dec 2021 07:44

Yes, the ambient air temperature changes. It changes both with the day and night cycle and with the region of the game you're in. For example, the temperature in Bellingham, Washington will be lower than the temperature in Moab, Utah. And of course, the hottest part of the day in any part of the map is the late afternoon, and the coldest part of the day is in the early hours of the morning.
Vinnie Terranova

#4227 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 12 Dec 2021 07:56

But I guess the ambient temperature has no influence on the engine temperature; it's just a number on the display, right? It would be a nice feature if you could overheat your engine. Or if you have to start your engine while it's freezing outside.
supersobes
Global moderator

#4228 Post by supersobes » 12 Dec 2021 15:37

It does to some extent, but it doesn't seem possible to overheat. A while back, I made a mod that changes the outside air temperature to 200+ degrees just to see what happens. The engine got itself up to full operating temperate before I even turned it on, and when I started driving, it ran above normal operating temperature.

Here, it was 215 degrees Fahrenheit outside, and the engine got hot before I even turned it on:

[ external image ]

Here is was 192 degrees Fahrenheit outside, and you can see that the water temp is abnormally high:

[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#4229 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Dec 2021 16:20

what this shows is not the temperature of the engine, it is the temperature of your cooling fluid that is circulating through the system, the engine itself is way hotter and also not the same temperature everywhere, what i noticed (only with a car) is even with high ambient temperatures (highest i have experienced was 35 to 37°C) the temperature would never exceed 90°, or else it would start boiling pretty fast if it is only water (not recommended), if there is some sort of antifreeze in it it will be higher, your engine needs to have some sort of defect for the temperature to exceed 90°C (194°F) (this is my cars working temp, it can vary with every vehicle), your coolant level is to low, so it cant transport enough heat fast enough from the engine to the radiator or your radiator is defect and cant dissipate the heat quickly enough then the water that delivers it

but normally it shouldnt exceed the temperature range (wich varies from engine to engine and how the system is build) if everything is in mint condition, the car (and trucks) regulate itself, if the cooling fluid gets to hot and the air is not enough to get the heat away then the fans will kick in wich is normal when you are standing still
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
SmokeyWolf

#4230 Post by SmokeyWolf » 12 Dec 2021 17:20

@supersobes 20 to 215 is normal for the newer trucks to run at.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”