Grizzly

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4201 Post by Grizzly » 29 Nov 2021 05:55

Livestock trailer has been reported:
viewtopic.php?f=289&t=305988&p=1633213& ... k#p1633213
Vinnie Terranova

#4202 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 29 Nov 2021 07:42

What's wrong with the cattle trailer? Height? I don't think so...
And if you google a little bit more, you'll find a lot more tall livestock trailers.
Trucker_71

#4203 Post by Trucker_71 » 29 Nov 2021 10:55

@Vinnie Terranova Trailer height is not a choice. In N. America the maximum height for transport trailers is 13' 6" by law. That includes a flatbed with it's load unless you have permits.
Vinnie Terranova

#4204 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 29 Nov 2021 11:34

Trucker_71 wrote: 29 Nov 2021 10:55In N. America the maximum height for transport trailers is 13' 6" by law.
Do you have a source? Just curious.
supersobes
Global moderator

#4205 Post by supersobes » 29 Nov 2021 13:07

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 29 Nov 2021 07:42 What's wrong with the cattle trailer? Height? I don't think so...
And if you google a little bit more, you'll find a lot more tall livestock trailers.
You're also looking at trucks with low roof cabs. If you look at a truck with a full height cab such as a Kenworth T680, you'll see it's the same height as the trailer.
81D11F06-E4D3-4173-ADC3-779AD1552B64.jpeg
And if you go look up cattle trailers from different manufacturers, such as this one, you'll see that it lists a height of 13'-6".
flight50

#4206 Post by flight50 » 29 Nov 2021 14:31

13' -6 is US standard across the board
Laqueesha

#4207 Post by Laqueesha » 30 Nov 2021 11:03

Small quality of life improvement, in the jobs menu, displaying the total trip time in hours and minutes would be nice, so you can plan ahead.
Squiggles

#4208 Post by Squiggles » 08 Dec 2021 16:47

Dear developers.
I am enjoing ETS so much and I just had a great idea that might increase popularity for it.

Have you ever considered adding "tycoon" mode to the game ? Maybe I haven't used the right term for my idea, but let me explain.

Add option to buy and sell cargo.
Add option to own werhauses.
Add option to store cargo at werhauses
Add option to workers for custom deliveries.
Add cargo selling option to companies from who we already take trailers to drive.
Add cargo buying option to companies from/to who we already deliver / take trailers.
Add economy system, prices of some items can change, so you can gamble with overbuying and storing to profit / lose.

Add option of delivering fuel to your garages. Example, send a driver ( or drive yourself ) to Turkey where fuel is cheap and deliver it to your garages, or even sell it at gas station all over Europe... And so on and so on...

This is a rough idea, but it has some potential to add something new to the game.
I really hope this reaches to SCS.

Best regards and drive safe !
6NZ

#4209 Post by 6NZ » 09 Dec 2021 17:06

-Float shifting in ATS needs some work... When you downshift in real life you release the pedal slightly to break torque then you rev match it and it slides right into gear all without the need to release the fuel pedal. In ATS when you REV match you have to stab the fuel pedal then completely release the fuel pedal for it to even register a gear. Float shifting in ATS is flawed -- We need some sort of force feedback system and change in mechanics.

-Define a couple of settings in the engine.sii files for an engine brake rpm cutoff and also a true/false for engagement in neutral.
(Do not even attempt to argue with me if you don't have experience with this. It does in fact work and you would know if you have ever drove a truck before...)

-Assignable keyboard/USB gamepad shortcuts for on-the-fly air seat and steering column adjustment as an option instead of going to the F4 menu every time. I find it the most comfortable to have the air dumped out of the seat, but sometimes you need more air in your seat to see over the hood in tricky spots/turns. This is a problem with the new convoy because you can't hit F4 while driving -- You need to be completely stopped. Assignable keys would solve this problem. People that don't have the extra keys, or simply don't like the idea can choose to use the F4 menu as they always have... it would be a win-win situation.

-It would be nice to have some sort of menu similar to the trailer adjuster to add/remove already purchased beacons, flags, signs, etc from the truck. In the accessory.sii define it so that it can be toggled on/off.

-F7 Trailer adjuster needs work... Trailers can't be adjusted once loaded and this is just stupid. Makes no sense especially from a modders perspective.

-Add a range of CB channels and a UI element/ID to visually show what channel is currently selected on a CB radio model whether it's from SCS or a Modder. Also would be cool to have assignable keyboard/gamepad shortcuts so you can have on-the-fly channel, volume, and on/off adjustments.
Moonrunner

#4210 Post by Moonrunner » 09 Dec 2021 17:35

*Coal_Bucket_Outlaw* wrote: 09 Dec 2021 17:06 -Float shifting in ATS needs some work... When you downshift in real life you release the pedal slightly to break torque then you rev match it and it slides right into gear all without the need to release the fuel pedal. In ATS when you REV match you have to stab the fuel pedal then completely release the fuel pedal for it to even register a gear. Float shifting in ATS is flawed -- We need some sort of force feedback system and change in mechanics.

-Define a couple of settings in the engine.sii files for an engine brake rpm cutoff and also a true/false for engagement in neutral.
(Do not even attempt to argue with me if you don't have experience with this. It does in fact work and you would know if you have ever drove a truck before...)

-Assignable keyboard/USB gamepad shortcuts for on-the-fly air seat and steering column adjustment as an option instead of going to the F4 menu every time. I find it the most comfortable to have the air dumped out of the seat, but sometimes you need more air in your seat to see over the hood in tricky spots/turns. This is a problem with the new convoy because you can't hit F4 while driving -- You need to be completely stopped. Assignable keys would solve this problem. People that don't have the extra keys, or simply don't like the idea can choose to use the F4 menu as they always have... it would be a win-win situation.

-It would be nice to have some sort of menu similar to the trailer adjuster to add/remove already purchased beacons, flags, signs, etc from the truck. In the accessory.sii define it so that it can be toggled on/off.

-F7 Trailer adjuster needs work... Trailers can't be adjusted once loaded and this is just stupid. Makes no sense especially from a modders perspective.

-Add a range of CB channels and a UI element/ID to visually show what channel is currently selected on a CB radio model whether it's from SCS or a Modder. Also would be cool to have assignable keyboard/gamepad shortcuts so you can have on-the-fly channel, volume, and on/off adjustments.
I second this motion we need true fuel pedal pyshics we also need air ride seats on the fly everything he states we need Jake shifting in neutral we need that too when I'm going up hill and trying to skip my splits I have to wait to long because my engine brake won't kick in into neutral so I cant kick my rpms down fast enough some times witch also makes me have to split gears I shouldn't have to split smoke psychics for the stacks and tires when the lock up too would be nice to have also like he said with trailer adjustments that would be nice to be able to do for tarped loads or tandem slides or even just to set the trailer up and down with the new dump trailers the f4 thing for the seat Is okay for adjusting the seat back and fourth but not for up and down as he states I have the air dumped out as well but there are times I need it all the way up to see over the hood or to see my tractors tires when I'm backing up and it messes me up when I can't put the seat up the fuel pedal pyshics is a big big thing that needs to be addressed also would be nice to see some force feed back shifters for the game and that would help to start those stages live weather would be nice truck washes and dirt pyshics would also be nice...

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”