Wishlists Megathread

Trucker_71

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3961 Post by Trucker_71 » 06 Jun 2021 19:40

I think the game assumes the parking brake is both tractor and trailer brakes being applied together. I don't use a button for that, just the default space bar on the keyboard. There is a setting for trailer brakes and you could assign a key for that I guess, I used that as the trailer brake handle found usually on the side of the steering column on older trucks which is a self releasing trailer brake, it's on till you let go the handle, not to be used for parking.
supersobes
Global moderator

#3962 Post by supersobes » 06 Jun 2021 20:59

Yes, the parking brake and the trailer air supply are the same function in the game. Next time you're in the game and you press your space bar, watch the dashboard. The red octagonal valve and the yellow diamond valve will move simultaneously. Of course this only works if you have a trailer attached though. If you're just bobtailing, then the game leaves the red octagonal valve out just as you would on a real truck.
Scaild

#3963 Post by Scaild » 07 Jun 2021 07:57

It would be cool to have a tick box present with all these switches where you choose a mode of it. Because as a button box user I find very annoying to have different types of switches just because of it. For Parking brake, beacons, lights, etc. I have to use On-Off-On switch and connect both positions to the same pin for switching, but for trailer brake or engine brake I can use more realistic On-Off switch. I believe it's just a simple change in the code, so maybe someday... :D
flight50

#3964 Post by flight50 » 07 Jun 2021 13:22

Button box here too. The biggest issues I see with using a button box is when the game switches things automatically without your input. Prime example is the lift axles. In WoT, the axles set automatically when you are loading despite if you have the check box off. This throws the button box off if you use toggle switches. I have to constantly go into the game menu, change my button switch, go back to game mode and then correct the switch. So for botton box users, this get weird sometimes. I also notice the brake sometimes doesn't match so I have to use spacebar to correct that switch as well.
NomenNescio

#3965 Post by NomenNescio » 08 Jun 2021 10:48

Bandit & The Snowman wrote: 06 Jun 2021 13:42 I think what he means is a switch, not a button. A switch establishes a contact like a button, but it doesn’t release the contact again until you manually flip it into the other position.
Basically this, right now I have to use a separate program which activates the spacebar when I activate the switch and then hits it again when I release the switch. But the game doesn't recognize which position the switch is in, so I keep having to go back to the keyboard to set the brake to the correct position.
ThePlagueDoctor186

#3966 Post by ThePlagueDoctor186 » 09 Jun 2021 02:30

Always keep the Greasy/Rubber side down and the shiny side up. Even if what is supposed to be shiny isn't shiny anymore. But still it's always better to stay on top of the wheels none the less!
Vinnie Terranova

#3967 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 09 Jun 2021 08:26

I think the chance is less than -0.00% that we will get this in the game, but let's ask for it anyway. I mean, I think it would be awesome to have this in the game: tornadoes. Especially with Tornado Alley which includes Texas.
flight50

#3968 Post by flight50 » 09 Jun 2021 14:18

Yeah I mentioned tornadoes in the background once. Its a hard one. To do it correctly, you need models that can be destroyed and tons of special effects. Even in the far distance, it could be hard. I think we are better off getting severe thunderstorms. They aren't destructive like tornados and only requires heavier precipitation + hail and perhaps puddling or flooding of water. I think puddling and flooding are easier to pull off. If we can get heavier splashing of water, going thru puddles/ponding, that would be sweet. Not to mention creating mud on dirt roads. I'm not sure how well that would work. Roads would have to have permanent mud as of now. Tire physics would have to kick in. All limitations on the engine perhaps.
AntonioMart

#3969 Post by AntonioMart » 09 Jun 2021 20:54

So if now there walkie-talkie function Convoy, then I think it is necessary to add a CB radio as an tuning accessory to the cockpit for all ETS and ATS trucks:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Last edited by AntonioMart on 09 Jul 2021 09:33, edited 2 times in total.
flight50

#3970 Post by flight50 » 10 Jun 2021 03:58

Its almost obvious that a cb in needed in the cabin accessories dlc now.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”