Wishlists Megathread

ArTrailfanRaf214

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3281 Post by ArTrailfanRaf214 » 18 Jul 2020 06:56

I was talking about the music played when you finish the job and shows you the results,not the late hurry up music ;)
FMOD sound modder and currently learning to make my own 3D models,yet i'm fine at porting PTTM/Haulin mods into ATS/ETS2 with fixes.I do not take requests on new trucks,it will be a waste of time.

supersobes
Global moderator

#3282 Post by supersobes » 20 Jul 2020 04:12

We have the console commands "g_lod_factor_parked" and "g_lod_factor_traffic" which allow players with higher end setups to increase the LOD distance of the vehicles in the game so that they appear with the same detail from afar as they would up close. I would like to suggest adding more commands for other types of objects in the game. In particular, I think it would be a good idea to make some for traffic signals and road signage. That way, it can be easier to look ahead down the road and be prepared to take an action, just like you would when you're driving in real-life. Currently in game, a lot of the signs and signals can not be seen very well from a distance, making planning ahead more difficult. They could implement this by making the new commands "g_lod_factor_signals" and "g_lod_factor_signs."
Scania trucks are the best, but the Peterbilts are good too.
Road signs are just as important as the road itself.

World of Trucks Profile | ATS Screenshots | ETS2 Screenshots | Forum Rules

Bandit & The Snowman

#3283 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 20 Jul 2020 08:44

If this got implemented, it would be such a life saver. Would be even more beneficial if combined with less truck unfriendly traffic light cycles and phases.

Seelenkrank

#3284 Post by Seelenkrank » 20 Jul 2020 09:42

Please add on option that the AI in rain does the normal speed like in dry conditions.
I really would like to use rain but with this setting it is annoying...
(Wish counts for both games)

supersobes
Global moderator

#3285 Post by supersobes » 20 Jul 2020 14:37

Bandit & The Snowman wrote:
20 Jul 2020 08:44
Would be even more beneficial if combined with less truck unfriendly traffic light cycles and phases.
Indeed. That's another thing. The length of a yellow light should be proportionate to the speed limit like they are on real-life roads. While four seconds of yellow is enough to stop on a road with a speed limit of 35 MPH or less, it is definitely not enough time to stop on higher speed roads. The left turn signal phases also seem shorter than the signal phases for the straight lanes. By the time you've got the truck in gear and begin to make your turn, the signal is already yellow and your trailer is still in the intersection by the time the other traffic gets a green light.
Scania trucks are the best, but the Peterbilts are good too.
Road signs are just as important as the road itself.

World of Trucks Profile | ATS Screenshots | ETS2 Screenshots | Forum Rules

Bandit & The Snowman

#3286 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 20 Jul 2020 14:46

A part of this is that on green the AI take off without any delay. In real life no one has that reaction time (yes, anticipation, but didn't your driving instructor tell you it's dangerous to dart into an intersection?). Make AI drivers react slower, "sleep" and stall their engines.

Dmitry_Farmer

#3287 Post by Dmitry_Farmer » 22 Jul 2020 14:18

I would like to be able to attach and unfasten flags about oversized cargo and the inscription oversized load during the trip. If we compare this situation with real life, it turns out that not every cargo can be oversized and therefore truckers have to take off and wear decals and flags depending on the situation. I know this function works through a service station, but it would be more realistic to have them with you, having bought them only about once.For example, you can add a truck setup submenu in the F7 + enter menu.

Larry71490

#3288 Post by Larry71490 » 23 Jul 2020 00:49

Not all oversize loads require both flags and signs. Most just signs only.

Alex151175

#3289 Post by Alex151175 » 24 Jul 2020 19:57

SCS Request - Drawing Distance & Pop-in Scenery

I know this is a problem known to all but I’d like to make a request to SCS.
I am an ETS2 and ATS user from the beginning of both games. I have all the DLCs. I just bought Idaho and I’m sorry, but even though
every DLC has graphics breakthroughs and improvements, the distance objects pop-in issue remains desperate.

I know it’s a well-known theme, that the engine of the game is what it is, etc... But isn’t there a possible solution?
I understand that SCS is a modest team of people and that it requires a lot of work and is difficult.
But it is certainly a pity that such a beautiful game is still affected by this problem.

I'm lucky to have a high-end PC, and since it was switched to DX11 and with all the graphics settings at maximum, I have almost fixed 60fps.
This was an important and necessary improvement and really appreciated.
But the pop-in trucks, mountains and signs out of the blue... removes all immersion from what could be a wonderful experience.

I think a large number of users will agree with me that SCS would do well to take a break from creating new DLCs and devote all of its efforts to try to mitigate this big problem, which I’m sure would make many people happy :roll:

Sorry, but English it's not my mother language...

KrysEmlyn

#3290 Post by KrysEmlyn » 25 Jul 2020 17:06

I would like to make a material/sound request. As of late, we have gotten some nice bridge models that feature a metal grid for the road surface, such as that one bridge on WA-20 in Washington State.
Driving over them, they sound as if the roadway is made out of pavement, like every other road segment near them. I can set the material to "rumble_stripe" in Blender, but it still doesn't sound right.
I would like to ask for a material to be added to the "material.db" file called "metal_grid" which would behave like a rumble strip, but have the appropriate metallic sound of tires going over it.
In addition to being used for bridges with metal grids, I would expect this to also be used for other things such as the driveable surface of cattle grates and for metal storm/sewer drains that have slotted holes in them.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”