Western Star® 49X is out now for free in American Truck Simulator. Read about it here.

Wishlists Megathread

Vinnie Terranova

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3311 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 12 Aug 2020 22:04

I do almost exactly the same: if I haven't discovered a weigh station, I just drive through the weigh station; I don't stop at all. Btw, a weighbridge is just part of a weigh station.
I see a lot of potential in ATS in the future.

flight50

#3312 Post by flight50 » 12 Aug 2020 22:10

I see the potential as well. I think one day it will come because they keep putting them in the game where they are in real life. It should be just a matter of time. But until we get control of our loads on what we can haul, we won't get it.

Vinnie Terranova

#3313 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 12 Aug 2020 22:31

I think it will indeed be a matter of time: look what they did with truckstops, for instance. ATS is continuous evolving.

flight50

#3314 Post by flight50 » 12 Aug 2020 23:02

Thanks to Jakub, truck stops are a big thing now. Based on yesterday's stream, it sound's like Jakub is about to really start brainstorming some stuff for his team. Management granted him 2 months downtime to formulate thoughts. I won't be surprised if weigh station are on his menu. Maybe even truck washes, garage customizing upgrades, more complex prefabs, more industries, cargo, dealership upgrades (service shops similar). That's why I like Jakub and Patrik.

Those two guys are passionate about their jobs. We lost Ondrej but we still have these two. I am sure the Idaho team has moved on without Jakub but he can fill in later. His thoughts could will be interesting to know of. I wish I knew what it was like to brainstorm at SCS. Seems intriguing to be part of the process. Sitting in on meetings, voting this or that, formulating what could work and how to implement it. It's easier for me to see the potential in ATS because I live here in the US. Most thoughts I have come from just observing the environment I am in. The other half of my thoughts comes from just communicating with members on here. Either way, its intriguing to me.

Vinnie Terranova

#3315 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 13 Aug 2020 07:01

For me brainstorming is also part of the game, as well as discussing on the forums. When I play ATS I sometimes get some ideas about improving the game, just by playing it and observing the game vs the real world. I'm very curious what ideas Jakub comes up with.

Tails

#3316 Post by Tails » 13 Aug 2020 16:41

Some ideas for car transporter trailers for more variety.

Enclosed transporter trailer for hauling cars hopefully some luxury car and sports cars shipments.

Transporter trailer with an overhang style.

Motorcycle transporter trailer

like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036

hangman005

#3317 Post by hangman005 » 14 Aug 2020 07:31

Not sure if they are actually a thing, but some multi stage Special Transport jobs would be cool, especially as the map continues to expand. So instead of just going from A to B, you go from A to C or D stopping at B and or C to rest and refuel.

55sixxx

#3318 Post by 55sixxx » 15 Aug 2020 17:13

I know these have been suggested and mentioned before but, here's what i would really like to see in ATS:

- More crowded truck stops because IRL finding a parking spot in these places is not an easy task and when i stop by at one of these in ATS there's only around a dozen of trucks scattered around the area with lots of places available to park.

- Accurate placement of the mirrors for both 579 and T680 (They're too close from the cab while the outside model of them are a bit farther from the pillar (Where they actually should be)

- Own-able Fuel Tankers and more chemical companies (Because adding fuel tankers to the game and having scarce sources of cargo it's not going to work.)

harishw8r

#3319 Post by harishw8r » 15 Aug 2020 17:35

I would like to see an upgrade/overhaul of the Peterbilt 579. It now has Windows in the sleeper cabin area (ultraloft cabin?) and a pure black version.
Paint everything black! :idea:
My screenshots thread: ETS2 | ATS

55sixxx

#3320 Post by 55sixxx » 15 Aug 2020 18:35

@harishw8r Here's the Ultraloft with the EPIQ Blackout trim package:

We might get some touch-ups for the 579 in the future, but i think it's very unlikely that they'll add more cabin and trim options as a normal update. (Maybe on a tuning pack ?)

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”