Wishlists Megathread

rookie_one

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3711 Post by rookie_one » 13 Feb 2021 01:08

GT182 wrote:
11 Feb 2021 16:15
I had a runaway Detroit engine in the carhauler for Anchor Mtr Frt I was driving back in the 80s. Governor failure. The shaft inside broke. Sure made on smoky mess in the TSA garage.... solid black smoke from a foot off the floor to the ceiling in the whole garage of 4 bays. The tach actually went around 2 and a half times. The only way we got it shut down was brakes on and smother the air intake. I still have that piece of shaft to this day in my tool box.

Engines these days must surely still have governors on them. :?:
electronic ones.

They don't use mechanical governors anymore. So normally a runaway engine caused by an electronic governor failure should be easily fixed simply by removing the ECU fuse AFAIK (no ECU to drive the injectors, no injection)

Only other way to run away is it's for some reason you have oil entering the combustion chamber (usually Turbo failure)

GT182

#3712 Post by GT182 » 13 Feb 2021 02:14

Larry71490 wrote:
12 Feb 2021 17:03
Wouldn't it have been easier to put it in a higher gear and pop the clutch?
Larry, no that didn't work either. We tried. The runaway engine was actually sucking the oil out of the oil pan into the engine. The trans was in 10th gear, all brakes on, and plugging the air intake. The mechanic tried to plug the air breather to starve it of air with his coat. All that happened was it sucked the stuffing out of his coat. Only a piece of plywood and what was left of his coat starved the engine from getting air, plus high gear, and parking brakes on and foot brake applied worked. So at the tack spinning at 2.5 times means the engine was turning at 5,375 rpms. We were surprised the engine didn't blow. But those 238 Detroits were made to run wide open at full throttle for generators, and anything the US Navy needed them for.

2 and a half days later AMF got a governor to the shop and it was installed. After 6 hours Saturday putting it back together, it rolled out of the shop and I drove from Manadahill, PA, north of Harrisburg, back to Champlain, NY like nothing had happened.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

Bin_Cube25

#3713 Post by Bin_Cube25 » 14 Feb 2021 08:00

I’d like a little more of an expansion of reefer loads. I noticed that a lot of loads that would otherwise require the reefer to be switched on don’t seem to. Like cheese and milk, yoghurt etc. also some more chilled loads would be good like having medicinal loads always available, maybe things like chocolate etc. just my two cents

flight50

#3714 Post by flight50 » 14 Feb 2021 19:19

Can we get some more info from the info dialog box to be optional on the in dash gps. People might have to use the interior zoom to see but at least it would be there. Perhaps a few font size options. It has been requested several times but I just now remembered to put a visual to what people are asking for. The below is just one part that could come. There could be other valuable options from other menus that I am not worried about listing. But below are a few of the most common pieces of info I always want to look at continuously. The dialog box even in mode 2 is still bulky. I love the new waypoint feature though and that is the only reason I use the dialog box again. If we can get some info from dialog box to the gps, more people can go back to not using the large dialog box if they don't want to.

Tenderfoot77

#3715 Post by Tenderfoot77 » 18 Feb 2021 05:38

Re: Weight Stations/Scales, were there ever any thoughts to putting control lights similar to traffic lights when entering and slowly approaching (Yellow) the scale(s), Red to stop and then Green to proceed? 🚦

Drayman

#3716 Post by Drayman » 19 Feb 2021 08:29

Tenderfoot77 wrote:
18 Feb 2021 05:38
Re: Weight Stations/Scales, were there ever any thoughts to putting control lights similar to traffic lights when entering and slowly approaching (Yellow) the scale(s), Red to stop and then Green to proceed? 🚦
I suggested that.

Most American weigh stations have signals at the scales to let drivers know if they can proceed or have to pull in for an inspection.

Trust me, the scale lights at Truckee and Tracy, Ca. very nearly cost ME money in IRL due to company carelessness. The company couldn't care less if I was fined for being overweight.
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!

Zwarte00Piet

#3717 Post by Zwarte00Piet » 19 Feb 2021 20:10

- New Economy -> contracts as there were in Haulin.

I have said it before here and I would like to repeat it as I lose interest in the game after a while, a new state or new truck drags me back into it for a few hours and I'm lost again. I'm a professional driver in Europe (DAF XF530) and I do love the open highways in America and their gorgeous trucks but after a while the game gets boring.

Contracts explained as I think they would be a very nice addition to the game and spice up everything, and actually make own trailers be able to drop off and pick up later at designated spot if necessary:

My headquarters is Seattle, there is my main garage. I have 1 personal truck, a sleeper and no trailers and no job to do so I open the job market and I browse for contracts. Here you will find multiple, I'll explain two of them.
I know the examples aren't realistic but it's for an example

1.Gallon in Tacoma city -> Coastline Mining in Wenatchee city 53.000 gallon of diesel
So this means I've to transport diesel from Tacomo to Wenatchee, and I need to buy a tanker, I can choose to do this myself or hire a driver and he needs a truck.
53.000 gallon, 11.600 gallon a tanker so it means 4 rides and I get xx $ for it. Contracted closes, I have 2 trucks, 1 trailer and 1 driver without a job so I can sell/fire them or look for another contract.
Both of them are located in Wenatchee and bobtail home, which will cost me a slight amount of money.

2. Page and Price paper in Longview city -> 4/2 print in Los Angeles city 240.000 lb of paper
So this means I've to transport paper from Longview to a printing company in Los Angeles, since I need to buy a 53' dryvan because I now only have a tanker. I can drive the contract myself, about 5 times up and down or I can let my driver do it.
Since I'm empty in LA and need to run home without freight I can look for a contract that goes north and will fit in my dryvan, ofcourse I need to see if the north bound contract is doable with my south bound contract.

Xegethra

#3718 Post by Xegethra » 20 Feb 2021 12:39

flight50 wrote:
08 Feb 2021 13:34
The thought for the AI closing the roof is cool and more realistic. However, its another animation that is necessary. Only thing that animates for AI are the wheels. We can't even get a manual gear shifter in ATS and get it animated. That benefits the player more. To me, its easier not spawn AI convertibles than it is to add an animation. GTA5 is in a giant loop city so its probably raining all over. ATS/ETS2, expands out to other regions of the country so we travel thru the rain vs being in the rain.

I get that, not spawning them in the rain is an option. But then you still have them driving in the rain if they spawned before the weather change, they'd still have their roof down. I know it's not a major thing but I still think it would be nice. Another option if they won't animate, would be to just have them permanently with their roof up. Although having said that, I don't recall seeing any convertibles....But yeah it's no big deal, just a nice thing.

flight50

#3719 Post by flight50 » 20 Feb 2021 15:37

Yeah, they'd definitely get caught in the rain if their roof is down. Not much you can do there. In theory, don't have convertibles in the game or in rainy parts of the game. It might not take too much to make a roof animate. The fact that the AI driver is nothing more than a paper cutout is already lifeless. Its just kinda odd for me to see a roof animate at that point. I'd be okay with not convertibles or all roofs up just as I am with how it is now. It doesn't rain inside our truck window sill either. For some, it breaks immersion but for me, it doesn't bother me one way or another.

plykkegaard

#3720 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Feb 2021 16:11

Game knows when it is going to rain, game looses convertibles down the side roads
Case closed

Yeah game spawn a secondary model with roof up
Circle is complete
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”