Wishlists Megathread

Drayman

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3721 Post by Drayman » 21 Feb 2021 14:03

I would like to see a way to transfer funds and/or assets to new profiles so that we do not have to work through all the beginner stuff every time.
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!

flight50

#3722 Post by flight50 » 21 Feb 2021 16:40

^That isn't a bad idea at all. I'm not sure how they do it. Perhaps tie it to WoTr account vs WoTr profile. Share the money between all profiles instead. We have entirely too much money that we can't do anything with. The new WoTr, hopefully there is an economy mode that doesn't allow so much money to be gained. Something more realistic.

jarryed

#3723 Post by jarryed » 21 Feb 2021 16:42

Drayman wrote:
21 Feb 2021 14:03
I would like to see a way to transfer funds and/or assets to new profiles so that we do not have to work through all the beginner stuff every time.
I disagree with this. Each profile is its own entity. There should be no way to move funds or anything else from another profile to a new one. Thumbs down this one. Sorry.

supersobes
Global moderator

#3724 Post by supersobes » 21 Feb 2021 16:47

There is actually a way to do this already. You have to open up the save files and decrypt the one called game.sii. Copy and paste the corresponding values for the information you want to transfer from the old profile to the new profile. Then you have to encrypt the SII file so the game can read it again.

plykkegaard

#3725 Post by plykkegaard » 21 Feb 2021 16:50

I do agree, but for testing purposes it could be nice to be able to copy from an existent profile with wizardry
Afterall it's for own use, your WoTr profile will not be affected, as you can only have one profile here connected to your steam account
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

TINO

#3726 Post by TINO » 21 Feb 2021 17:09

I use TS SaveEditor for money, xp, visited cities and to buy and upgrade all the garages. It's somewhere on the forum.
Hint: just directly click Visit or Buy/Upgrade to do it for all the cities/garages instantly, you don't need to select each one.
Hint2: Do it after you reach level 1, or you won't be able to upgrade your driver stats in game due to game mechanics (skills upgrade page only opens after you reach level 1).

flight50

#3728 Post by flight50 » 21 Feb 2021 19:19

Yeah a more fool proof and errorless method would be best. Many times I want to test out certain mods without sacrificing other profiles and I don't want to start from a grind again.

Vinnie Terranova

#3729 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 21 Feb 2021 23:11

A few months ago I created a test profile and used my Money and XP Cheat mod (see signature) and loaded that cheat mod while I created that profile. I did two or three cargo jobs and then I was able to buy a garage and the most expensive truck with all kind of upgrades, and I had level 10 (more than 36 XP). If I want to test a mod (most of the time its a map mod), I start that test profile, load the map in the mod manager, and test it. If I want to test another mod, I unload the old mod, and load the new mod.

It's not perfect, but it works quite good and this method it's fast enough for me.

PBandJ

#3730 Post by PBandJ » 21 Feb 2021 23:49

The best way I have come across so far is to keep one vanilla profile for testing anything. After I test what I want to test, I either delete it or rename the profile for the truck or map I used in it. I then go to my backup folder and copy and paste the vanilla profile back into the game ready for the next test or just wanting to drive vanilla for a while.I ran the vanilla up to level 27 so far which pretty much covers most of the available parts on trucks. I drive it a little every once in a while to build it up higher and then make a backup copy of it again. This isn't my idea, just one that was shared to me that works very well. No risk at all.....:)

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”