Key bindings

Br3ss4n

Re: Key bindings [NOT A BUG]

#11 Post by Br3ss4n » 01 Mar 2017 22:15

San_Sany4 wrote:In-game, no. With editing of controls.sii config file, yes.
Interesting but how to know the internal name of the buttons ?
San_Sany4

#12 Post by San_Sany4 » 02 Mar 2017 02:43

Just look at the file. It's pretty simple, like, keyboard.a, keyboard.shift, keyboard.numplus, keyboard.key9, mouse.button_right, joy.b2, etc. You can also just bind keys in the game and then look out for bonded functions in file. Note that ≈90% of keys are already bonded by default so they are already written.
My World of Trucks profile. My Steam profile.
ETS2 since 1.4, ATS since 1.0. Vanilla player.
xDope

#13 Post by xDope » 02 Mar 2017 03:41

@Br3ss4n what I used to do was bind the key in question to a function that I could easily find in controls.sii (like the horn which is config line 186). I would then copy that button name to the function I want to apply it to. Hope my trick helps! ;)
If it is stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
CrTide4Life

Re: Key bindings

#14 Post by CrTide4Life » 01 Jul 2017 00:23

So I know this exactly key bindings, but ran out of ideas on where to post it. But Im curious if anyone has made a razer chroma profile for ATS, by that I mean like different lights for the keys on the keyboard.
natvander
SCS Software

#15 Post by natvander » 01 Jul 2017 05:43

I use JoyToKey and can do all sorts of weird and wonderful button presses. On my G27 I can use 2 buttons for all my cruise control functions - hold one button down for half a second and cruise control is set. Tap that button and it reduces CC speed. Hold the other button for half a sec to resume and tap to increase speed. Can also load alternative profiles with a button press.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
kanthf1

#16 Post by kanthf1 » 22 Apr 2020 00:53

Even though this topic seems to have been discussed long back, I hope any of you can answer my doubt, since the new update 1.37, SCS have introduced windows down and up function assigning a button for each function. I would rather want a single button for closing or opening a window instead of a button to open and a button to close. Can it be done?
San_Sany4

#17 Post by San_Sany4 » 22 Apr 2020 14:34

@kanthf1, Looks like there is no way currently, outside of modding the game or using third-party tools like Steam Input or custom gamepad/keyboard driver. I managed to bind both up and down on a single button:
[ external image ]
Unsurprisingly, it didn't work. Nothing happened when I press Del. I think I can imagine a way to make what you want using only 3 buttons, but no less, if you want to control windows separately. But in two buttons, no, only if both windows go together.
My World of Trucks profile. My Steam profile.
ETS2 since 1.4, ATS since 1.0. Vanilla player.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”