No
No votes
Don't know
No votes

Total votes: 3

Gazer75

Weight component in cargo value

#1 Post by Gazer75 » 01 Jun 2017 01:11

I have not been able to find anything on this, and my question about this in the help forum was never answered.

So if there is no component that consider weight for cargo values it should be implemented.

People using real economy mods really have to ignore the heavy loads to make decent money.
There is also no system for fuel surcharge so rising fuel prices make the heavy loads a waste of time.

So this would be need two things.
  1. How big of a percent of total value should come from weight
  2. Price in default currency per default weight distance
Basically you would get X amount for hauling Y amount for one mile.
Gazer75

Re: Weight component in cargo value

#2 Post by Gazer75 » 31 Aug 2017 14:13

With the new double trailers out for both ATS and ETS2 this is even more important.

As it is now you get paid the same for a regular trailer as a double, which is of course heavier. So why would I take a double and use more fuel?

Simply change the revenue_per_km in economy_data.sii to be a revenue_per_km_per_tonne
Max
SCS Software

#3 Post by Max » 01 Sep 2017 07:33

there is volume_factor in trailer cargo definition. it is basically revenue multiplier for big/long trailers.
they have bigger reward, already.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Gazer75

#4 Post by Gazer75 » 01 Sep 2017 20:22

Hi Max :)

Still... would be better to have an universal modifier for weight. Would make it much easier to mod the economy.
It would also make an economy mod more compatible with trailer mods as you do not have to do any modding to the trailer files for each cargo.

Also haven't seen the volume_factor in any of the default files yet. Wouldn't extracting the scs files in the same location as before overwrite old files?

Edit: Probably overlooked this line in the files :oops:

Is this volume_factor calculated after the base coefficient? So that a 1.2 value means what? 20% extra?
Can it be used for any trailer, and what is the value range?
Last edited by Gazer75 on 01 Sep 2017 20:43, edited 5 times in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

#5 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Sep 2017 20:24

i have never got the same money for a double like for a normal trailer

the double was more money rewarding i checked it every time if i had the option for doubles i would take them to get more out of the tour
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Max
SCS Software

#6 Post by Max » 02 Sep 2017 06:05

Gazer75 wrote: 01 Sep 2017 20:22 Still... would be better to have an universal modifier for weight. Would make it much easier to mod the economy.
It would also make an economy mod more compatible with trailer mods as you do not have to do any modding to the trailer files for each cargo.
this is quite typical situation: we may change the computation from the foundations, yes. but it will inevitably change economy and potentially even gameplay. in addition it will clash and may break lot of mods. or we can add simple parameter (with default value that ensure same behavior as before) that can do the thing for selected cases a nothing else. not to mention we have it stored in root trailer data, from where its generated into each trailer-cargo definition.

Gazer75 wrote: 01 Sep 2017 20:22 Is this volume_factor calculated after the base coefficient? So that a 1.2 value means what? 20% extra?
Can it be used for any trailer, and what is the value range?
yes. its called volume factor as it defines additional volume in trailers (mass is alraedy handled by data). and can be used in any of them.
default value is 1.0, range any (not sure if it was tested with negative ;))
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Gazer75

#7 Post by Gazer75 » 02 Sep 2017 14:10

I really do not see how changing the default flat per km rate in economy_data.sii to a rate for moving 1t of cargo 1km would change things that much.
It would actually be best to set it as 1t and 10km or the number for a realistic economy would have to be very small.

Haven't played with default economy in a while but I believe a default value of 5-10€ for 10km per tonne wouldn't be to bad.
The price coefficient in each cargo file would modify this, and the bonus for fragile, high value and so on would also add to it.
Example: Transporting 24t of cargo 750km with a base value of 5€ would pay 9000€ before any skill bonuses.
This would equal to 12€/km so pretty close to current base revenue_per_km value of 15.

It would only make the new volume modifier in the doubles obsolete.

The mods that would break would be economy mods. They would have to do a rebalance if they have done any changes to the cargo price coefficient.
Trailer mods wouldn't be affected if the volume modifier was simply ignored.

I guess a new value in the economy_data.sii for this could be done and set to 0 as default?
It would then be a bonus income in addition to the base per km value.
Max
SCS Software

#8 Post by Max » 02 Sep 2017 20:44

check all cargoes in game with you "tweak" and you will see many of them will be far from current values. and that is the reason.

sometime in future if/when we will do massive economy overhaul it may be based on different premises as it will break the things anyway. right now it needs to be minor change to keep most things same.
Gazer75

#9 Post by Gazer75 » 03 Sep 2017 00:30

Of course light weight cargo and short trips would pay less than now, and heavy+long might pay more, but on average it would be about the same.
Key is to find a new income value for the pay per 1t/10km so that the default average income would be about the same.

I don't think it would hurt the gamers much to have a wee bit lower income at start. By default you do not have to do many quick jobs to afford a truck.
Once you get going the income get so high its pointless.

As I said above, add a new variable for pay per tonne per 10km and default it to 0.
This will give modders a tool to balance it based on weight that would not interfere with trailer mods.
It will also not break anything in current economy.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”