New Mexico emergency vehicles & lights (colors) - details for minor improvements

RTobi

New Mexico emergency vehicles & lights (colors) - details for minor improvements

#1 Post by RTobi » 18 Oct 2017 17:39

I'm pretty sure most of us have seen the New Mexico trailer so far (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3BY2j8u010) ;)

Here are a few things I noticed. Only details of the lights which sure doesn't bother people but I'm not sure if SCS is aware of that and if you want to take this into account when designing emergency vehicles in ATS :) First off, it's absolutely amazing to see you guys actually having developed emergency vehicles in the game and seeing them on scene and at traffic stops, totally surprised me and I think this is just an epic feature!! :)
0:45 The New Mexico State Police Ford Explorer - From what I've been told only 2 law enforcement agencies in New Mexico don't use blue lights. I can at least confirm that the biggest one, NM State Police, is one of them. NMSP only uses red and white lights as well as amber in the rear. No blue lights on them at all. Plus all their vehicles usually have only 2 to 4 grill lights mounted on the pushbar, not 6.
0:48 From what I've seen and know New Mexico Fire and EMS vehicles commonly only use red lights all around, additional white lights in the front and amber in the rear. There are exceptions, San Juan Reagional Medical Center in northwestern NM for example has addition green grill lights. Blue is a color I've never seen on NM fire and EMS vehicles. Nicely looking engine though, the front looks very much like a Pierce ;) I'm surprised about the level of detail of the bumper, with its chrome front and aluminium side, Q siren on it and air horns in it.
0:53 Looks cool! If you want it somehow realistic looking, then there should be either a fire engine or ladder truck and an ambulance on the scene or a fire engine only. And some more police vehicles, altogether 2 or 3 at least. Vehicles in front of the scene would keep a greater distance to the plane, same for the cones. So that cars or trucks don't hit the scene In case someone is crashing into the vehicles in front of the scene. Adding a fire engine or ladder truck (and possibly removing the ambulance) and placing it in a 30° angle facing to the left, in front of the scene (serves as a massive barrier) as well as adding 1 or 2 more police vehicles way before vehicles reach the scene (or police on scene only) would be enough already.

As I said, just some details if you want to get pretty much as much reality as you can ;) Just something I'm into it since 8 years and with which I can actually help :)
I have tons of pictures of NM emergency vehicles in case you need any at SCS :)
RTobi

Re: New Mexico emergency vehicles & lights (colors) - details for minor improvements

#2 Post by RTobi » 09 Nov 2017 07:34

Oh and here's an interesting article about scene safety: http://www.thedrive.com/emergency/8469/ ... of-traffic - just some explanation :) Might help SCS with future road events :)

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”