Put Truck Stops INSIDE cities?

Axel Slingerland

Re: Put Truck Stops INSIDE cities?

#11 Post by Axel Slingerland » 14 Nov 2017 02:44

PW4056 wrote: 14 Nov 2017 02:02 The only ones I've gone to that I can think of off the top of my head that are inside the city are the TA in Nashville...
Did you notice the pattern in what you said? The TA here, the TA there... Some companies build truck stops in cities, but most don't. I would think that is most likely because County and State taxes are less than City, County and State taxes, land costs less, there might be less regulations, etc. But I don't know for sure, of course. I do know that TA owns two gas stations in Eureka, California that are not truck stops. Those being Pacific Pride and Broadway Gas, both on South Broadway near Bayshore Mall. The awning for Pacific Pride says "Commercial Fueling" on it, and it's high enough for trucks to clear it, but the lot is clearly not large enough for large trucks unless they drive in, then back out after fueling. Then again, Eureka is not exactly what I call a "City", even though they claim to be one. It's more like a big town with a city attitude.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
bobgrey1997

#12 Post by bobgrey1997 » 14 Nov 2017 03:56

Little Rock has a few truck stops. Well, the cities that make up the Little Rock area. Benton has Pilot. North Little Rock has two Pilots and a Flying J, as well as some others. Galloway also has a Pilot. Conway Corp built a truck stop in in Conway, but I don't know what's going on with it. Haven't been there in a while. Hot Springs has several truck stops, as does Van Buren and Fayetteville.
PW4056

#13 Post by PW4056 » 14 Nov 2017 10:09

Axel Slingerland wrote: 14 Nov 2017 02:44 Did you notice the pattern in what you said? The TA here, the TA there...
Yes, WEL, if I primarily stay at the TA and the Petro to build up my rewards points there (company also allows us to get fuel at Pilot, Flying J, and Love's, but I almost never go to any of those), I'm naturally going to think of the TAs and Petros first. In fact, I'm sitting at a TA right now. There's just way too many truck stops out there for me to possibly be able to think of them all right off the top of my head, so the ones I listed were the ones I could think of right off the bat.

That said, there's the Petro in Fargo that I suppose could kind of be considered somewhat in the city.
Captain Kevin
[ external image ]

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”