Telemetry SDK Additional Channel(s) Request

jammerxd

Telemetry SDK Additional Channel(s) Request

#1 Post by jammerxd » 13 Nov 2017 04:22

Hello,
I have been working with your sdk for quite some time and found a few things that might help developers like myself become more proficient at being able to detect what is going on in the game. For the sdk there are a few events that can be utilized throughout as the various states of the game change. However, the data itself is insufficient to be able to accurately guess what is happening. I would like to know if it would be possible to have the following data either added or have a way to get the status:

1) Job Status Channel -> this would be an additional channel added to tell the actual status of a delivery. Possibilities would be: Started, In Progress, Completed, Cancelled, Abandoned
2) Job Config Event(Additional Parameters) -> parameters for indicating the experience gained, the final income, and any penalties incurred
3) Profile Loaded event -> this event would fire when a profile is loaded. Additional flags for it could include if it's a save reload or if the profile is being loaded for the first time.

If I could have just 1 of the above implemented in ETS2 and ATS, I'd chose the job status channel as being able to tell if a job is truly completed is crucial, especially when building electronic logging applications.

Thanks for your hard work guys!
TwinShadow

Re: Telemetry SDK Additional Channel(s) Request

#2 Post by TwinShadow » 15 Nov 2017 16:41

Not bad. Just one thing, though I think you already accounted for this. Is the difference from the "Canceled" contract and "Abandoned" differentiated in which that when the game updates and has to cancel the job, it would be under Cancel, instead? Since those do happen sometimes.
jammerxd

Re: Telemetry SDK Additional Channel(s) Request

#3 Post by jammerxd » 15 Nov 2017 23:14

Abandoned and cancelled are different because anew abandoned job can be resumed. A cancelled job cannot. But either way I would like to see that implemented...

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”