Advanced AI Suggestions

Truemac

Advanced AI Suggestions

#1 Post by Truemac » 17 Nov 2017 08:22

So with the recent announcement of the Special Transport DLC for ETS2, it's a likely assumption that the features added with it will eventually trickle down into ATS. The big talking point with this DLC is the addition of pilot cars that guide/follow your truck and even affect the flow of traffic to help you safely reach your destination.

Oversize Cargo pilot cars are all well and good, but I want to take a moment to give some suggestions as to other ways this AI can be used. This new feature could possibly add an entirely new scope of transport gameplay options to the world of ATS (and ETS2).

-The first thought that flew into my head was the possibility of special cargo that would require multiple trucks to travel to the same destination. Things like quarry equipment or portable cranes for construction sites, where the equipment is broken down and loaded on several flatbeds traveling in a convoy to the next work site. Another example would be a production tour where the stage equipment is transported in a convoy of several semis. Or even simpler, normal cargos where the shipment is just too much for one truck. You could even have it so that certain loads require you to assign both yourself and 2-3 other trucks from your company to haul it in a convoy - and this of course would lead into seeing your company's trucks in traffic.

-There are cargos that require pilot vehicles that aren't necessarily oversized. Government/military transports will usually have several armored vehicles in a convoy to make sure whatever's being transported remains undisturbed. (This could work well in tandem with the release of New Mexico and the fables surrounding Area 51)

These are the two big ones that came to mind for me, but if I can think of any others, I'll add to this post. Feel free to give your own suggestions, as well!

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”