Weigh station warnings - suggestion

Lexx

Weigh station warnings - suggestion

#1 Post by Lexx » 12 Dec 2017 03:18

It's a good idea to have OSD warnings about approaching a weigh station. BUT:
• that loud beeping could wake my dead relatives (I'm with Microlab M-300U and it's capable of waking them - has a speaker about 30 cm in diameter, you do the math what it can do with my ear drums)
• The OSD about approaching a WS stays on the screen for too long and I have to press F6 once and then back to F5 in order to remove the warning once I have read it.

So here's what I suggest:
• remove that OSD altogether. Leave only the red-green light thingy which appears when a WS is nearby. Green light would mean we can skip the WS, red would mean we gotta go through it. After all we're not as dumb as you think and this OSD warning only gets in the way.
• make the beeper a regular OGG sound located in the "base\sound\prefab" directory. Thus you'll give us the opportunity to change its sound and replace it with something else. I for one have a silence.ogg left from GTS and when I don't like any of the game sounds, I just replace it with that silence audio file and problem solved.
My mods for other games
Sharkoon S25-W, AsRock B85M Pro4, Core i3-4170, Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Corsair 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz,
Corsair CX750, Corsair Force LE 120 GB, Western Digital 1.5 TB, Arch Linux KDE x64, Firefox x64

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”