Yes
91%
No
9%

Total votes: 11

davidhicks1994

CB Radio (18 W.O.S. Style)

#1 Post by davidhicks1994 » 29 Apr 2018 16:05

So my suggestion is simple. Add the option for a CB Radio, like in the 18 Wheels of Steel games.

Why? It's a core part of Truck Driving in the United States. Not only is it part of the trucking culture, but it is used to help prevent traffic accidents and avoid gridlocked areas whenever possible.

How? Well with the addition of the random road events, I believe that now more than ever it would be a great addition to have. The player could now ask for a traffic report, and the game could detect whether or not it's about to create a "Random Road Event" ahead. If it is, the player will receive a transmission about slow or stopped traffic. If not, the player will receive a transmission stating it's "All clear" ahead. This can be used for traffic, weather and a police presence. Much like in the 18 W.O.S. games the player could receive a transmission asking THEM about traffic, weather or even a police presence. The player could choose to respond, or not.

This would be an entirely optional feature, and would require the player to purchase a CB Radio in-game. The player could turn the radio on or off, and adjust the volume. Just a thought... What do you folks think?
It's better to be the one in a million, than to be one of the millions.
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

Re: CB Radio (18 W.O.S. Style)

#2 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 30 Apr 2018 11:29

i drive across the USA. last year i had a CB radio in my truck. i used it pretty frequently

about the most i heard was either grown men complaining about something, someone blasting music while being yelled at to shut up. or other truckers bad mouthing each other

i did away with my CB
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
davidhicks1994

#3 Post by davidhicks1994 » 30 Apr 2018 21:44

Odd. I had an entirely different experience riding with a buddy of mine (he's a Driver/Trainer at Prime Inc.) Pretty much all that came through was helpful information. Never really had any knuckleheads ha ha.
TwinShadow

#4 Post by TwinShadow » 02 May 2018 00:15

It largely depends on what area of the US you live in really. Though something like this has been requested a few times before if I recall. I see it talked about now and then.
davidhicks1994

#5 Post by davidhicks1994 » 02 May 2018 12:24

"I see it talked about now and then."

True, as have I. But now I feel it would have a real use in-game, especially with the random road events. If your CB could inform you that the right lane is closed ahead, you could go ahead and move to the left well in advance, reducing the chance of finding yourself stuck behind a bunch of parked vehicles.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”