Flatbed cargo DLC

Interested?

Yes. I would instantly buy that.
59%
Yes. I'm interested.
24%
Only if it's not too much work/ too distracting since it's "just" optical
4%
I would say yes but I don't have/ want to spent $3 to appreciate their extra work
7%
No
5%

Total votes: 653

flight50

Re: Flatbed cargo DLC

#361 Post by flight50 » 16 Apr 2021 22:26

Imho, there should always be something from the agricultural industry, construction industry, retail or supermarkets in every mapped city. Of course it varies if you play with owned trailers. The type matters a lot. More companies brings more variety. ETS2 knocks it out park here. Once the K100 mod gets updated I'll probably play in ETS2 a lil more just to get that variety. I can note things to do in ATS if I play ETS2 more. The variety is there in cargo and depots in ETS2. It would be nice if ATS did the same.

The devs are doing more depots outside of towncenters and that opens doors for a few remote depots and industries. Farming, quarries, mining, energy and forestry used just right can always give us more.
dkasper00

#362 Post by dkasper00 » 21 Aug 2021 18:38

Seeing as lowboys are getting more cargo, I think this should be the next trailer type to get more cargo.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
flight50

#363 Post by flight50 » 21 Aug 2021 20:32

I still want to see the step deck trailer. I think if SCS can bring this asap, SCS can tackle step and flatbed cargoes all at once. Both trailers with 3-4 dozen cargoes minimum would be sweet. Over time, add more to it. SCS can create 2-3 variants from just one cargo. I'll keep mention it til it comes. Mods are doing it but we could have quantity changes, color changes, height changes and positional changes using just one model. Go a step further and start mixing loads. Building material and lumber is a great mixed flatbed. I use to unload them for home depot and the variety on those trailers when they arrive for off load would be very immersive in ATS.

The step deck mods look pretty sweet with their cargo. This should be part of vanilla ATS as ap. I'm secretly hoping that step decks come with tankers and perhaps one more trailer with Texas to make Part 3 of trailers. We got a Part 1 and Part 2 like 2 years ago for both games when each game got like 3 new trailer types. It time for another road of multiple trailer adds.

Owned tankers, owned step decks, owned dumpers, owned curtain siders, owned storage/moving trailers and owned car transport are left as the more common trailers to do. Car transport is huge. For that industry to come to life, we need a rebuilt more accurate trailer model. I don't think SCS would go so far as the dedicated car hauler setup but mannn if they did, mad respect. Seeing a dedicated car hauler in ATS would be complete immersion. It must be in traffic though and spawned accurately. The AI version would definitely have to be optimized as I'm sure its a lot of geometry. But its a very necessary trailer to have imho. I'd be okay with the 5th wheel upgrade car hauler just the same.

I'm a big fan of all open deck trailers though. I like to see the 3D models. Vans, tankers and others....are pretty much def files. There should be a ton of these.....well at least more than what we have. I understand we need more industries as well but we should still have a larger cargo library than what ATS has now. But for flatbeds and stepdecks, they should have a massive library just as enclosed trailers. I honestly think SCS underestimated the usage of flatbed in North America at the start of ATS and still to this day since 1.32 owned trailers rolled out. I don't see a lot of progress there. They are heavily used here and it would be nice to see that reflected in the game and not depend on mods. Mods compensate for the lack of what vanilla has. Imho, mods should add to or compliment SCS's content. Flatbed mods shouldn't be more dominant than SCS flatbeds. So more attention to this particular trailer is needed. The good part is most all cargo that can come to flatbeds are not license issues. Now some things for step decks, SCS has to be careful. Step decks can take on all flatbed loads plus taller cargo that standard flatbed can not haul. Some taller cargo like equipment have to be carefully considered to not create legal issues.
pete379jp

#364 Post by pete379jp » 28 Aug 2021 10:18

It's slightly off topic, but the cargo loading position should also be taken into consideration. I mean the weight balance between front and rear.
Currently, most of the cargo loaded on a 48ft flatbed is closer to the front. It is "front-heavy", and it looks ugly.
My Website
Steam Workshop
World of Trucks profile
I'm using poor English or machine translation.
I'm one of the volunteer Japanese translators.
Trucker_71

#365 Post by Trucker_71 » 28 Aug 2021 11:34

@pete379jp The position of the cargo depends on it's weight, if it's one piece (bundle) or more. I once loaded a heavy load in the center of the trailer and not too far down the road, it cracked the frame. I had to find a welding shop that could fix the frame and reload my load. It was an expensive lesson.
xXCARL1992Xx

#366 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 28 Aug 2021 11:40

pete379jp wrote: 28 Aug 2021 10:18 [...]
Currently, most of the cargo loaded on a 48ft flatbed is closer to the front. It is "front-heavy", and it looks ugly.
nobody asked for aesthetic when loading a trailer, there is a reason why loads are loaded more in front then to the back, it is done to get weight onto the rear axle of the truck not to make it look pleasing to you, this is the last thing to think about or better never think about it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
ASDF

#367 Post by ASDF » 11 Sep 2021 16:47

Flatbed trailers with high and low boards also need to be added to the game. I saw in YouTube that there are trucks that use flatbed trailers with high and low boards to transport goods.
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
flight50

#368 Post by flight50 » 11 Sep 2021 17:44

What does high and load boards mean?
ASDF

#369 Post by ASDF » 12 Sep 2021 13:34

flight50 wrote: 11 Sep 2021 17:44 What does high and load boards mean?
It’s the kind of flatbed trailer on the cover of this video: https://i.ytimg.com/an_webp/Rs_Llxc4Iss ... mIXvCl6juQ
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
supersobes
Global moderator

#370 Post by supersobes » 12 Sep 2021 18:55

That type of trailer is referred to as a step deck or drop deck trailer.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”