Flatbed cargo DLC

Interested?

Yes. I would instantly buy that.
59%
Yes. I'm interested.
24%
Only if it's not too much work/ too distracting since it's "just" optical
4%
I would say yes but I don't have/ want to spent $3 to appreciate their extra work
7%
No
5%

Total votes: 653

plykkegaard

Re: Flatbed cargo DLC

#341 Post by plykkegaard » 30 Oct 2020 12:34

I have created a research thread for securing the cargo on flatbeds / lowboys etc
viewtopic.php?f=137&t=291265

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Sovereign 89

#342 Post by Sovereign 89 » 15 Nov 2020 21:26

It is probably already mentioned somewhere in this thread, but I don't feel like browsing through 34 pages. So here goes my contribution:

[ external image ]

I still can't believe those machines are not already in game, since we have already both rollers and milling machines. I hope we see them soon.
[ external image ] [ external image ]

WB Croatia speculation map
plykkegaard

#343 Post by plykkegaard » 15 Nov 2020 22:22

Cargo next up is delivering asphalt from Bitumen to roadworks :D

[ external image ]

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Tails

#344 Post by Tails » 08 Dec 2020 21:25

Compact excavator

[ external image ]

Compact Excavator 2

[ external image ]

Flatbed trailer type that should get added as well known as a "side kit" or "Covered wagon". I took this photo on my Iphone.

Side kit trailer B train
[ external image ]
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
Gootho717

#345 Post by Gootho717 » 18 Jan 2021 12:59

I too voted "yes" for more flatbed cargoes...when I started flatbed I was getting the same type of cargo (reservoir tank and lumber with a couple of pressure tanks sprinkled in) and switched to the sliding tarp (Conestoga) I felt kind of weird/odd to be hauling toys, furniture, and what not in it.

Since then I have parked it (42 runs with it) and I might give the Dry Van a try with my Pete 389 once I get back to the garage (currently running the reefer trailer with the Cascadia and trying out the container trailer).
[ external image ]
Gootho Transportation - My WoTr Profile
HammerlaneHippie

#346 Post by HammerlaneHippie » 18 Jan 2021 14:42

No vans or cans in my fleet and I don't do logging either.

I made a number of flatbed load suggestions but I haven't seen them yet. Loads that do not need any special licensing to avoid copyright conflicts.

Large structural steel and concrete prefabs such as bridge beams and building components.
Large cut stone.
Bricks and blocks.
Steel and wood trusses.
Rebar.
Large crates that can be labelled to contain many things.
Large cast aluminum slabs.
Poles for power lines and streetlights.
Oil refinery and other factory components.
Silos and cisterns.
Tanks and cylinders for many different industries.

Most of these would consist of low poly count forms and shouldn't be any challenge for even moderately talented developers. (I do not qualify. I have zero talent for such things)
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!
kitsunelegend

#347 Post by kitsunelegend » 01 Feb 2021 15:58

Drayman wrote: 18 Jan 2021 14:42 No vans or cans in my fleet and I don't do logging either.

I made a number of flatbed load suggestions but I haven't seen them yet. Loads that do not need any special licensing to avoid copyright conflicts.

Large structural steel and concrete prefabs such as bridge beams and building components.
Large cut stone.
Bricks and blocks.
Steel and wood trusses.
Rebar.
Large crates that can be labelled to contain many things.
Large cast aluminum slabs.
Poles for power lines and streetlights.
Oil refinery and other factory components.
Silos and cisterns.
Tanks and cylinders for many different industries.

Most of these would consist of low poly count forms and shouldn't be any challenge for even moderately talented developers. (I do not qualify. I have zero talent for such things)
Dont forget pallets of roofing shingles, tarped sheetrock and wallboard, foam board insulation, ect

I'm a flatbed driver irl and there are a TON of things that SCS could add just for flatbed. Its a wonder why they haven't yet tbh...
SirVirgoTheMess

#348 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 01 Feb 2021 16:06

You guys and girls have a lot of great ideas for flatbed cargo.I haven't read all the thread,but i'm still seeing lot of nice stuff.
And,as i thought i have voted...i havent.So,you get my yes i'm interested.
flight50

#349 Post by flight50 » 01 Feb 2021 16:26

@kitsunelegend. I covered those items way back in Oct 2018. viewtopic.php?p=1008302#p1008302. You may want to start from page one and go thru all the pages. I've posted a ton of references. There isn't much that I haven't covered or that any one else hasn't added. I stopped adding to this list though because it seems like I'm doing it for nothing. Cargo doesn't seem like its a focus which is quite disappointing. I always though the point of the game was to deliver cargo from point A to B. Even the cargo we have, some of it doesn't make sense on where its picked up and where it goes. We don't have the right depots and enough depots is one issue. But still cargo has to get overhauled and addressed to make more sense. Maybe one day Cargo will become more important.
nater6540

#350 Post by nater6540 » 08 Apr 2021 15:00

Wouldn’t it be better to make the nuclear fuel casks heavy cargo though due to the outer layer of those things usually being made of concrete, which itself is extremely heavy?

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”