New oilfield drilling sites in existing states

Do you think the wording in this post would be a great addition to the game and worth SCS time.

I'd love it!
72%
Yes
13%
Maybe
9%
No
6%
I'd hate it!
No votes

Total votes: 32

Zippy405

New oilfield drilling sites in existing states

#1 Post by Zippy405 » 17 Feb 2020 00:27

This poll is for taking the new oil drilling sites used in Utah and adding them in existing states that have decent oil production in real life. I'll put a list of suggested places for these below.

Arizona:
*Kayenta(on US 160 near NM border on the south side of the road)
**This seems the biggest drilling area in AZ. References: welldata.azogcc.az.gov/
oil-gas%20poster.jpg
New Mexico:
*Roswell(on US 70 between Roswell and Clovis, near the rest areas location, south side of US 70)
OR
*Hobbs or Carlsbad(on NM 529, either side)
**This seems to be the biggest oil site in the state(NW NM has gas but "SOME" oil, this area has both). Reference:
oil_and_gas%20map.gif
Nevada:
*Ely(on US 6 about 1/3 of the way to Ely from NV 375, west to east, south side of US 6) I'm aware that there is a refinery in Ely, but no drilling site. Would add depth.
OR
*Elko(west of town with an exit on I-80 and a road going south or southeast, well on the east side of that road)
**These are the only two areas in Nevada with active wells. Reference: http://minerals.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/mi ... _plate.pdf

California:
*Bakersfield area(between Bakersfield, Fresno, & Huron, within that triangle along existing roads) Resource: https://www.blm.gov/programs/energy-and ... california
*Eureka(near town)
*El Centro(on CA 111 north of town)
*Stockton area
*Oxnard(on CA 126 *MAYBE*). Again, I'm aware Oxnard and LA have refineries, but there are no wells.
**These are the biggest areas with oil production in this state. References:
sedimentary-basins-ca-1.jpg
The oil and gas industry in game is kinda bad until Utah, but Utah is lacking refineries and oil storage facilities, as well as ownable tankers. I'm sure they are aware but this is to give ideas and show the number who agree that would like to do and/or have a more realistic oil industry.

Sametbey2

Re: New oilfield drilling sites in existing states

#2 Post by Sametbey2 » 17 Feb 2020 12:18

Using new industries in previous states. Yes I absolutely agree. For example, marinas should also be in California and Oregon. Just like the log area added to Redding. Forestry is good in northern California, it should develop a little more. It is also in these oil fields. There are 2 nuclear power plants in Washington state.

Rivanwood

#3 Post by Rivanwood » 19 Feb 2020 21:44

With reference to gameplay, I would recommend establishing tanker routes to seaports or marina-based storage facilities, for oil export to foreign importers.
Rivanwood
Dallas, Texas USA

Zippy405

#4 Post by Zippy405 » 20 Feb 2020 22:22

I'd assume for that they would probably just have it deliverable to a seaport or marina. Seaport I think you can already, marina however I'm not sure. Definitely need to be able to at least deliver to seaports and marinas.
Last edited by supersobes on 20 Feb 2020 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote [Forum rule 2.12]

Knightrider

#5 Post by Knightrider » 21 Feb 2020 01:07

Great thread.

Anything that improves the experience of transporting tankers (gas and liquids) in ATS is very much welcome.

As it is now, its very limited. I strongly support OP' points.

flight50

#6 Post by flight50 » 21 Feb 2020 16:31

I just now saw this poll. Heck yeah the existing maps should expand. There are plenty of holes in no man's land in which the oil industry can go. Things have to go beyond Utah where they actually exist. Those blocked off roads in remote places are ideal to create such an industry.

New Mexico already has oilfields in the game off 62. Looks great actually. I was hooe SCS at least opened that area up for the oil industry.

flight50

#7 Post by flight50 » 22 Feb 2020 00:02

So now that I have a little time to thoroughly read @Zippy405's original post with the maps, it all seems quite possible. The locations on the referenced maps are small and at least the depot from Vernal, Moab or Price can get added to these spaces. The smaller the field, the less presence. Perhaps 1 prefab to go to but a descent size to represent the region for big deposit sites.

Arizona - Off US-160/64, the Teec Nos Pos area. US-160 should probably makes the Colorado map. Would be a great time to bring a prefab in then.

New Mexico - Shiprock area for the San Juan Basin. Same as the Teec Nos Pos area. But 1-2 prefabs spread out. Also if US-491 comes in with Colorado, doing something within the US-160, US-64 and US-491 circle could be an oil field. Raton, looks like it can bring in a Gas prefab. There should be some xxxx barrier in Raton to extend something to a gas field. Then we have the Permian Basin. This goes into Texas and if any location on the map gets something, it should definitely be this area. I am suspecting US-285 could make the ATS map from Carlsbad to I-20. Then there is anything and everything available off US-62 like I mentioned already. New Mexico is the perfect candidate to get the extension before Texas comes. Very nice traveling distance from Southeastern New Mexico, to Eastern Utah.

California - appears to be the region off I-40. There seems to be more spotting off what looks like CA-126 and even a little towards Santa Clarita. Anything that is added to California is great. Its a base map state. So spicing it up, is always good and gets people traveling thru it again.

Nevada - same as California. Anything added here would be great. Sierra Nevada map mod does a lot for Nevada but that's a map mod that not everyone may choose to use. 2 general regions in Nevada gets us around the state nicely based on the map above.

Honestly, I think the oil and gas industry in Utah is like a trial thing. It makes sense for trials imo. Introduce the industry to a new dlc. If it takes off, build on it. Farming, Logging, Oil/Gas.......Idaho should bring something new. The thing is bring this stuff in and expand on it later. Farming will be huge. Can't go wrong there. Logging is big with all types of wood products and all its machinery that comes with it. Oil and Gas can be the same way. There are some good things I have seen with this industry that gives lots of optimism. Definitely an industry to invest more into with ATS.

Zippy405

#8 Post by Zippy405 » 22 Feb 2020 02:17

@flight50 Definitely, I was sure they were aware but figured I'd do research and find some good spots for suggestions.
For CA, there isn't anything really on I-40 but Bakersfield is the biggest oil producer in the state from what I found. Between I-8 & I-10 in the El Centro area has some too.
For New Mexico I knew up around Farmington had a lot too but figured with some in AZ they wouldn't put them too close. In our convo with Ernie gas products were brought up, around Holbrook from my map has a lot of CO2 and Helium, so potential for a Chemso. The bad think is Gallup is right across the line and has one. I also only mentioned the Permian and not the San Juan because Arizona has the most oil there too, and since Gallup has Chemso and is too close to Holbrook for it to have one I figured put the oil on the AZ side. Plus Page has a refinery too.
Nevada only has 2 active areas for wells according to their gov site, which SCS is aware of because they have the refinery on US6 SW of Ely. This is why I suggested a well further southwest of the refinery. The other region is pretty close to this region so it'd just be one area in the game.

I should've added that Utah needs oil refineries and storage facilities. Also that NM would need refineries as well as storage because they have no oil industry in game currently which is sort of funny lol. My alternative suggestion for location of the well on US70 between Roswell and Clovis is because it may be too close to Texas, this way they can expand that oil into Texas there as well without it being too close in NM.

crazyace2018

#9 Post by crazyace2018 » 28 Feb 2020 13:42

+1 for me

anyone please check out my suggestion and help my suggestion maybe get some love?

viewtopic.php?f=185&t=282080

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”