Rework ATS Prefab Thread

Reignman

Re: Reworked ATS truck Dealerships

#11 Post by Reignman » 28 Nov 2020 19:09

flight50 wrote: 28 Nov 2020 18:24 Well, it looks like we got a small tweak to the Mack/Volvo dealership. better than nothing. The small "L" fence in the far Northwest corner was removed. Thank you SCS, this makes it much easier to move around on the prefab when we have a trailer attached and when we are trying to leave.
That is good news. Because try maneuvering a b-double or even a b-triple around there. Now they need to remove that center island at Peterbilt. I drive over it anyway.

Would be nice if they made a little more space at some of those 3rd party repair places too. It can be a pain when you pull into those with a trailer too.
PBandJ

#12 Post by PBandJ » 28 Nov 2020 21:26

To be quiet honest pulling a double or triple into a dealership probably would be tight at 99% of places around my area. I don't see most places around my area having that much room. You would have to drop trailers and drive on for service work to the truck, or hook the one trailer that was in need of service only, or call for service truck to come out to you. These here are not very large dealerships and their space is very limited. Don't really have to worry about it here much, triples are only allowed on the turnpike in this state and then they must be 28 footers I believe....:)

It is a lot easier now that they have removed the one section of the fence near the front of the rest area. Easier to line up to go out through that island.
Reignman

#13 Post by Reignman » 28 Nov 2020 22:29

Your idea would be fine if they had separate trailer service stations, or if you could service them in your own garage, but the dealerships and service stations are a one stop shop, so you'd think they'd be a little more accommodating with the trailers haha. But now that you mention it, you can drop your trailer off somewhere, show up with only your truck at a service station, and they'll magically fix the trailer too even though you didn't bring it. Maybe I'll have to do that from now on, although it feels like cheating.
flight50

#14 Post by flight50 » 28 Nov 2020 22:46

You can only fix a truck or trailer if you have it equipped. I hope they don't make some type of bypass that allows us to repair something that we don't even have attached.
xXCARL1992Xx

#15 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 28 Nov 2020 22:51

You can repair and customize your trailer without it being attached, it only needs to be assign as your current trailer in use
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#16 Post by flight50 » 28 Nov 2020 23:01

Why would someone have a trailer as in use but not have it attached? If you drop it, it returns to your garage right? Or does it stay put. Only way I know that one has it in use but not attached is if you are on your way to pick it up. That's news to me if you can repair a trailer at a service station without it being attached. I've never tried it though.
PBandJ

#17 Post by PBandJ » 28 Nov 2020 23:47

You can drop a trailer any where and go back and reattach with no issues that I have found. I was talking of how they do service if needed irl lol. They make them break down the trailers if they don't have room to get it in close and bring the trailer needing repair only in to shop area, or they send out the work truck depending on what is needed. lol In the game you would definitely have to find one of those non dealer repair shops that are right next to the road and open if pulling triples.
Reignman

#18 Post by Reignman » 29 Nov 2020 00:31

flight50 wrote: 28 Nov 2020 23:01Why would someone have a trailer as in use but not have it attached? If you drop it, it returns to your garage right? Or does it stay put. Only way I know that one has it in use but not attached is if you are on your way to pick it up. That's news to me if you can repair a trailer at a service station without it being attached. I've never tried it though.
It stays put. I've been 100's miles away from my trailer and it was still there when I got back. And yeah you can repair or paint it even if it's not with you, as long as it's still your active trailer. On 1.36 anyway. I don't know if they've changed it with one of these recent updates.

If you try to start a freight job while you have an active trailer (attached or not), the job will warn you that your trailer will be returned to the garage if you accept the freight job. The garage it returns to will be the last garage it was assigned to, not the nearest.

I drop trailers to go get fuel sometimes, or to explore some sliver of road on the other side of town. If there are no jobs available for that trailer, I'll drop it to go start a freight job and let it get dismissed. If you have a garage at the next town you can have your trailer instantly warped there. I own almost every garage so I'm constantly using them to teleport trailers around.
flight50

#19 Post by flight50 » 29 Nov 2020 00:57

Yeah I drop trailers to fuel or rest sometimes. No matter if they are owned or not. Good to know on the repair part, so thanks everyone. I don't run owned very often because of the lack of cargo in ATS. But I do own a few.

Once the Cascadia releases, it will be a dedicated OTR and my W900 will go stay freight market. My 49x will go dedicated lowboy so I really hope it goes 8x4 in due time. Otherwise my w900 gets those dutiesas well. Somewhere I need to slide a Mack Anthem in the mix along with my K100. Trucks are definitely coming for ATS now.

With trucks now coming is why I was hoping for a few dealership reworks to make the old prefabs feel new as well.
Maverick094

#20 Post by Maverick094 » 29 Nov 2020 01:08

IMO, it would cool if the dealers or repair shops worked like our own Garages, where the doors open and you drive in. Maybe even have 2 doors, one for truck only repairs and the other for trailers? Make you have to drop your trailer to get truck repairs only? I don’t know just a thought.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”