Allow us to Sleep when not at a Rest Stop

sjdkn1

Allow us to Sleep when not at a Rest Stop

#1 Post by sjdkn1 » 04 Aug 2020 20:37

Allow us to sleep when not at a rest stop if we have a sleeper truck.

Lokireloaded

Re: Allow us to Sleep when not at a Rest Stop

#2 Post by Lokireloaded » 05 Aug 2020 13:09

^This!^
also i don't know were to put this so I'll add it here.
some of the rest stops need to have their functioning area massively increased.
example. the tiny one on the tiny road directly to the west of Oxnard. that one annoyed the hell out of me.

BlackHorseSpirit

#3 Post by BlackHorseSpirit » 06 Aug 2020 19:58

It is one of the things I look forward to most in the game. Often on deserted roads, not being able to pull over and sleep is very complicated.
  • Free Spirit

sjdkn1

#4 Post by sjdkn1 » 06 Aug 2020 20:08

Lokireloaded wrote:
05 Aug 2020 13:09
^This!^
also i don't know were to put this so I'll add it here.
some of the rest stops need to have their functioning area massively increased.
example. the tiny one on the tiny road directly to the west of Oxnard. that one annoyed the hell out of me.
There's also a sign for a rest stop east of Redding on CA-44, but it's blocked off.

peterbilt9

#5 Post by peterbilt9 » 17 Aug 2020 15:52

Players should be able to choose the amount of sleeping time via a slider when pressing the sleeping event key.

You park the truck just like usual, shut the engine, press the key to trigger the event but instead of instantly moving the clock 10 hours, a new screen appears and the player is prompted to select how much time he needs / wants to sleep.

I know that rules require a 10 hours “Off-duty” period before the start of a new shift ( which the game is already doing right) but sometimes a driver can use the sleeper berth for only a few hours if needs be (sometimes a driver might need 1 or 2 hours of rest, wake up and finish the delivery, if the clock moved the preset 10 hours, then you become late for the delivery) and I think that the game should allow players to make that decision.

In 18 Wheels of Steel Pedal to the Metal and as well as in Haulin, players were choosing the amount of time to sleep and money was actually deducted to pay for motel / hotel. Of course if you have a sleeper on your truck you won’t get charge.

It would be accurate that the game simulates pick and drop times for freight or even have warehouses or stores closing \ opening time ( some factories are 24/7 but not all) so that if players arrive too late or too early could sleep in the yard. Only players having sleeper on their truck could trigger the sleep event in this case and again the player could choose how much time he wishes to spend in that yard.

The fact that day cab truck players could only park and sleep at motels / hotels was already represented in 18 Wheels of Steel, I do not know why ATS still does not represent that....

In Haulin, it even had a real log book graph that you could track what you did : off duty, sleeper berth, driving, on duty (not driving).

I believe that it would be really cool to see an overhaul in the fatigue / sleeping system in ATS.

Thanks for reading, Gabriel ;)

haunted reality

#6 Post by haunted reality » 17 Aug 2020 16:01

I'd love to see this too. I'm hoping in the future. The other thing is the delivery windows, if they were more like appointments and you had to rest until your appointment. You'd have to be able to pick how long you rest/break though.

Pubrulz

#7 Post by Pubrulz » 22 Aug 2020 07:13

This X10. One of the major reasons I upgraded my rig to a sleeper was so I could pull off the side of the road at an empty spot and rest, but NOOO. I have to keep driving looking for an actual rest stop and possibly get fined for not resting by the time I find one.

PBandJ

#8 Post by PBandJ » 22 Aug 2020 12:01

Yes, currently there is no advantage to owning a sleeper at all. Hopefully SCS takes this into consideration and allows certain areas to do this in, just not hotels, rest areas, truck shops or certain weigh stations. It would be nice....:)

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”