Please start focusing on graphics SCS.

Travismods

Please start focusing on graphics SCS.

#1 Post by Travismods » 20 Oct 2020 12:56

They still haven't addressed the lighting, horrid popin issues or poor draw distance of scenery in particularly mountains. SCS its time you focus on graphics. Its sad it just feels like they are stuck doing minor updates and copy paste map DLC. This game is going to look poor come the east coast unless they really start working on the graphics now. The game looks so dated and the lighting looks just atrociously bad for a modern game.

While they are at it, why not add something substantial to the existing map to make it feel more alive? I feel like each map DLC is more of the same and I don't understand why they aren't doing more to existing states. Same vegetation, same grass, same trees, same traffic models, similar buildings, same feel to each city. Thereto they reuse the assets to such an extent I can't tell places apart. Yes, the roads may be different, but the assets they rely on are identical most of the time. I can't tell you how many times I see the same objects in the scenery, same green truck wreck, same broken down car on a highway, same shops, same two pedestrians, same road events. No real variety. What about seasons, different kinds of weather, adding pedestrians and a bit life to cities, add more dynamic sound in cities and crickets and animals in forest, dynamic dirt or even interactive truck stops where you can walk around outside the cabin. SCS are not really adding anything substantial to the game beyond maps, which although nice, just bring more of the same. At least fix the microstutters, horrid popin and draw distance issues and get some variety in assets going otherwise east states are going to look just like western states and the game will grow stale in a couple of years time.
Last edited by Travismods on 24 Nov 2020 17:48, edited 9 times in total.
SmokeyWolf

Re: Please start focusing on graphics SCS.

#2 Post by SmokeyWolf » 21 Oct 2020 13:00

Nothing in the past 4 DLCs have been copy paste.
pigbrother

#3 Post by pigbrother » 21 Oct 2020 13:07

I wish for such a creative copy/paste function in Photoshop.

How to nullify your argument in one easy step.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
overfloater

#4 Post by overfloater » 21 Oct 2020 14:39

If we were speaking in terms of gameplay, he's right. I don't mean to undermine the blood, sweat & tears, but map DLCs contribute nothing to the gameplay. There's no challenge to them, and they all drive the same.
rsr

#5 Post by rsr » 30 Oct 2020 14:44

yes indeed I feel the game needs heavy new features in terms of physics, graphics, animations ,sounds etc. Doesnt feel like a "simulator" for me anymore.
joschac2

#6 Post by joschac2 » 30 Oct 2020 15:01

I wish for new gameplay features. Driving to spot to spot is just getting boring now unless in a new map
jarryed

#7 Post by jarryed » 30 Oct 2020 15:21

joschac2 wrote: 30 Oct 2020 15:01 Driving to spot to spot is just getting boring
Welcome to the life of a real life truck driver.

---------------------------------

I agree about the graphics. The only issue I have is the very poor implementation of AA. SMAA is trash. Changing out SMAA to TAA and sharpening will fix most, if not all of the shimmering, flickering, and more on light poles, power lines when they are off in the distance that you can see but SMAA not taking effect on them.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
joschac2

#8 Post by joschac2 » 30 Oct 2020 15:36

ik that. I ment more of nothing really happens while on the roads of ATS. No cars being idiots once on the road. we only got rain as weather, unrealistic car accidents events( barriers in the road somehow and how the Ai slams on the breaks ), ect
murdoch82

#9 Post by murdoch82 » 30 Oct 2020 17:19

What game have you been playing? I had a bus jump out infront of me yesterday when I come loaded 100+k and forced me to stand on the middle pedal! xD and I have cars pass me at 80 mph with no regards to me or what I'm doing.... plenty of A.I-diots in this game xD
PC: AMD Ryzen R9 5900X, 32 Gb 3200 Mhz,MSI X570S Tomahawk WifI MAX, 6750XT 12Gb, 2x LG 27GL650B-F 144 Hz 1 x ASUS 24" 60 hz 3x1080p, G29 + H-Shifter, TrackIR5
joschac2

#10 Post by joschac2 » 30 Oct 2020 18:00

I guess i,m lucky then? The only crazy things i,v seen is a AI doing almost 90 MPH and AI slamming the breaks at every damm Exit

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”