Peterbilt 389

Now that we have 7 brands in The game, should SCS give some attention to the 389?

Yes
80%
Not needed
20%

Total votes: 41

cp5106

Re: Peterbilt 389

#11 Post by cp5106 » 10 Dec 2020 11:50

I also agree with all of this, they should rework the old models and bring them up to par with the current standards. Yeah I agree that the 579 is off but not that bad when compared to the 389. But I do hope that they will rework the older rigs
rsr

#12 Post by rsr » 11 Dec 2020 04:32

Also I noticed the front wheels are way more out the fender than they should be. Lets hope SCS see this thread and hear our prayers because the petebilt 389 definitelly deserves a better representation ingame.
Gootho717

#13 Post by Gootho717 » 27 Jan 2021 12:47

I also think that the base trucks should be reworked/refreshed down the line; the Pete 389 is my favorite truck (still have the original truck that I purchased and has 230k miles at the moment) in addition to the Pete 589 and Cascadia.

Additional customization would be a big plus as well - for example in the Pete 389 adding the DEF tank, mudflaps behind the steer tires, mudflaps behind the battery box & DEF system, adding the option of turn signal indicators on bumpers, adding the option of turn signal indicators by the truck's mirrors, adding LED headlights, adding "window chops" to the driver and passenger windows, in the biggest sleeper offered add a window on the passenger side, add "window chops" to the sleeper windows, different lenses on truck lights (amber, smoked, clear), in the exclusive sideskirts offered add 2 or 3 more lights down the chrome/painted part in front of the battery box/DEF system, adding lights behind the breather/air cleaners (I think these should light up red and not yellow/amber) adding an APU, different fender options for the tandems/drive tires (thinking of Hogebuilt fenders here), other goodies like rear mud flap hangers and chrome center panels in chrome (found them at Raneys), and the ability to paint the frame (in a different color other than the standard black).

From time to time I scroll thru Peterbilt Steve's YouTube channel and found a nice 389 that I truly like and would configure one in ATS just like it - here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py63S5EjmV4. I would probably change and add a few things here and there (chrome visor and window chops, different paint scheme, and chrome rear center panel with mud flap hangers instead of the t-bar) but this one comes pretty close to what I would like to own/drive in ATS one day.
[ external image ]
Gootho Transportation - My WoTr Profile
rsr

#14 Post by rsr » 24 Feb 2021 05:46

I Just saw in other post that if you add a poll to the thread the devs pay more attention in general. Dont know if its True but is worth a try. Please vote.
Freeze338

#15 Post by Freeze338 » 24 Feb 2021 11:29

Not needed. Not necessary. Since tons of missing models existing, resources shouldn't waste for a truck we already have. Beside 389 is not the oldest model in ATS. If you wanna make a remodel you should start for the oldest one which is 579.
Andre Santos

#16 Post by Andre Santos » 24 Feb 2021 21:38

There are several people here who love this truck and would love to see it remade in its current quality. I think the 4 models from Paccar could receive an update. Can it be time consuming? Yes. But it is still a necessity.
WoT YOUTUBE FLICKR I5 13600KF - 32gb RAM - RTX3080Ti
rsr

#17 Post by rsr » 25 Feb 2021 02:43

Freeze338 wrote: 24 Feb 2021 11:29 Not needed. Not necessary. Since tons of missing models existing, resources shouldn't waste for a truck we already have. Beside 389 is not the oldest model in ATS. If you wanna make a remodel you should start for the oldest one which is 579.
From my point of view it is and very necessary as @seriousmods already pointed out many flaws of the current model
Freeze338

#18 Post by Freeze338 » 25 Feb 2021 10:34

@rsr Well that's your point of veiw. I prefer this : Current trucks + Volvo New VNL. while you prefer this : current trucks but better 389. SCS is lacking resources about modeling and that's why we cannot get most of the models. So many trucks couldn't make it in the game because they are out of production. International 9900I is out of production while SCS has good relationships with International. If SCS could produce 5-6 models per year maybe we could see it in the game but currently it's impossible. For avoiding that, resources shouldn't be wasted for a remake same model. If SCS has a modeling pace that they release all models on the road while remaking trucks for both ETS2 and ATS then remodeling 389 is a good idea but now it's unnecessary.
Reis_6

#19 Post by Reis_6 » 27 Feb 2021 15:14

The ''problem'' with SCS trucks, with the possibility of reproducing trucks within the game as well made as the reality today is that. Old pre-release or release models are out of date.

SCS should pay special attention to all 'old' trucks that came with the game. The textures of the interior are already tired, lack of accessories that came in trucks like Anthem and Cascadia missing to our old trucks and so on...

We have the same problem at the ETS too. The old Scania is one of them... We have great trucks like the Scania NTG, Renault T, MAN e6 but the old ones miss the details of the new trucks...
Honestly, it is my wish and that of many people to have the quality of a Cascadia in a Peterbilt 389/579. The details would be amazing.

But anyway, I hope this buzz here that the ATS and ETS community are doing, make SCS to think about it in the very near future.
rsr

#20 Post by rsr » 27 Feb 2021 17:00

Reis_6 wrote: 27 Feb 2021 15:14 The ''problem'' with SCS trucks, with the possibility of reproducing trucks within the game as well made as the reality today is that. Old pre-release or release models are out of date.

SCS should pay special attention to all 'old' trucks that came with the game. The textures of the interior are already tired, lack of accessories that came in trucks like Anthem and Cascadia missing to our old trucks and so on...

We have the same problem at the ETS too. The old Scania is one of them... We have great trucks like the Scania NTG, Renault T, MAN e6 but the old ones miss the details of the new trucks...
Honestly, it is my wish and that of many people to have the quality of a Cascadia in a Peterbilt 389/579. The details would be amazing.

But anyway, I hope this buzz here that the ATS and ETS community are doing, make SCS to think about it in the very near future.
100% agree. I even saw on ETS2 thread a post about the abandonment of the Scania R and all of its problems and not quite a surprise a LOT of people shared the same feeling about the older trucks. Unfortunately it seems part of ATS community is more worried about not to bother SCS devs about anything that they consider it would mean a waste of time and resources even though there are many people that play with the 389 or other older truck and would really appreciate revamping the current models.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”