Rail improvements for ATS

plykkegaard

Re: Rail improvements for ATS

#61 Post by plykkegaard » 03 Feb 2021 18:23

Speaking of piggyback most rail services have their own branded trailers being transported, pups or full size
I also saw a wallmart trailer being transported could be nice for the train depots we have

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Felk

#62 Post by Felk » 03 Feb 2021 19:05

Yeah, also believe in intermodal growing even further in ATS with airports, ports, rail and trucking being properly connected.

Regarding about skins, this also is very true since there are a lot of companies depicted ingame that could be present in containers and trailers.

Pumping more in the rail side, another major type of car missing are autoracks. They're the backbone of new vehicle transportation between east and west US and when SCS revamp/introduce car haulers, a proper railcar to be put in intermodal yards need to be present.
flight50

#63 Post by flight50 » 03 Feb 2021 19:33

Yeah I covered autoracks in the post I made here viewtopic.php?p=1473145#p1473145. In that link, I talked specifically what the auto industry can do for ATS. It can go well beyond what I posted to. A few more depots could come. One that I really hope to see are tire companies. Not only tire companies as depot, but a tire dlc for ATS now that all brands are in. Those same brands............maybe get them licensed in the game like Kenworth and Western Star. I know ETS2 has this dlc but I don't know if the prefabs are also there. The biggest add to that, we can get licensed skin trailers as well. Soooooo go get Goodyear and Michelin or whoever. But start with two at the least. Get those plants in the game and we can haul tires from plants to car dealerships and truck dealerships and even car plants like GM in Arlington Tx or Toyota in San Antonio if we get those facilities. Rubber, steel, glass, leather (livestock) and other components come into play as well. Cargo, cargo, cargo, lol. We can never have too much.

Then yess, those autoracks. If ETS2 got that revamp for the car industry, ATS will more than likely follow at some point. There are AI car haulers in ETS2. I don't know if they were always there, but they are not in ATS. So in theory, ATS could have industry specific rail yards. Cars, Intermodal, grains/agriculture, raw earth resources, lumber... depending on locations. SCS could use 2-3 different rail yard depots and spot them all over the map and just change the cargo accordingly. They could keep a master cargo log and only apply the applicable cargo based on where some railyards are. Do it right from the start and avoid weird cargo coming or going. For automobiles, you don't send anything else to or from it. Intermodal, doesn't need to see raw materials or cars, only containers.
Tails

#64 Post by Tails » 03 Feb 2021 19:55

Spine rail cars that also haul some shipping containers and even some tank containers and 20ft container shown in this image.

[ external image ]
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
Felk

#65 Post by Felk » 04 Feb 2021 02:36

@flight50 ETS has car haulers in AI since ever a I think. I've quite surprised that they haven't come as buyable in 1.40 in ETS.

@Tails I've also have seen trailers been hauled in well cars, very rare but doable.

Is also common trailer chassis with containers in spine cars.
Tails

#66 Post by Tails » 04 Feb 2021 16:51

A refrigerated box car like this one here which would look nice.

[ external image ]
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
J. Ritter

#67 Post by J. Ritter » 05 Feb 2021 19:06

I hope once we get into Texas we start to see some KCS lookalike locomotives, and once across the Mississippi, some Norfolk Southern and CSX style liveries. Would be cool to see a few out west, too. Runthrough power is pretty common these days.
Titan

#68 Post by Titan » 05 Feb 2021 19:26

some BNSF lookalikes too, or a heavier focus on them...

B/c of them being HQ'd in Fort Worth
Just a Texas boy who used to want to be a trucker, and a love of Big Rigs... but now ATS has turned said love into an obsession.

i7-7700HQ @2.80GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050
flight50

#69 Post by flight50 » 05 Feb 2021 20:52

We already have BNSF in the game along with Union Pacific. But I totally agree on CSX. That completes the main 3. Anyone else is a bonus.
plykkegaard

#70 Post by plykkegaard » 06 Feb 2021 11:02

Oh while speaking of piggyback, I saw this in ATS!

[ external image ]

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”