Make it possible to downgrade your own garage to a tiny garage

pete379jp

Make it possible to downgrade your own garage to a tiny garage

#1 Post by pete379jp » 09 Jan 2021 09:46

I would like to be able to downgrade my small garage to a tiny garage.
You automatically get the tiny garage as your headquarters when you start a new game, but once you upgrade it, you can never go back to the tiny garage. If I remember correctly.

For example, the small garage (3 slots) is too big for owner-operator roleplay or when you want to run a small scale company.

What I personally would like to do is buy one tiny garage in each state and assign one employee to it.
When ATS has covered all of the US (except Alaska and Hawaii), my company should be myself plus 47 employees.

-----
Or how about a complete overhaul of the garage purchasing system?
Buy the land first for 180,000 USD, and then you can choose from a list of potential garages to build.
For example:
1 slot garage + trailer yard
1 slot garage + maintenance shed + fueling station
3 slot garage + parts storage
5 slot garage + office building
My Website
Steam Workshop
World of Trucks profile
I'm using poor English or machine translation.
I'm one of the volunteer Japanese translators.
wato

Re: Make it possible to downgrade your own garage to a tiny garage

#2 Post by wato » 09 Jan 2021 10:51

That's a good suggestion. I'm playing with a hard economy mod and the three slot garages are too expensive to sensibly grow a small company.
It takes a long time to be able to afford a loan to buy an additional garage and one to three trucks, or in other words, the current balance doesn't scale well to harder economies.

It would be nice, if we would could always start from tiny when buying a new garage. (Unless that's already moddable?)
Kiriasta

#3 Post by Kiriasta » 15 Jan 2021 02:51

Totally agree with you. I'm playing with a hard economy too and a tiny garage should be really helpful.
Nice suggestion!
Play ETS2 from 2012, ATS from 2020
Sorry for my poor English!
flight50

#4 Post by flight50 » 15 Jan 2021 12:49

Hmmm. I do like the concept of having single garage as an option. Kinda like the start up garage when you first start a new profile. I'd rather have only 1 person per state as well. At least on one of my profiles. On another profile, I don't hire any employees and I run 0.3 on the income factor.
plykkegaard

#5 Post by plykkegaard » 15 Jan 2021 13:03

You can downgrade to 3 slot garage
Requested earlier
viewtopic.php?t=272636

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Theosz

#6 Post by Theosz » 15 Jan 2021 17:20

at first moment I could be "against" this idea (like some players do simply because it is not important to them) because for the normal economy used by almost all players, could not be so important the place/location of the garage. A enterprise normaly has many slots in there, need space in their garages and many "slots" of the garage are empty or exists the truck but not the driver, and what would be the cost for this tiny?

at second moment, in fact, why not?, mainly for players that uses hard economy and could reverse this little mistake

at third moment, IDK if in real life, the garage for specific player, even a tiny, is really important because the driver will drive to anywhere, he will be where the jobs/deliver calls
Reverse a garage is not real but it is good to fix some mistakes or things that the gamer didn't know it worked

PS

The catch / The Tip - After my first profile, I always keep my tiny garage because I realize the game do not do this unreal downgrade(or player must reload the last "save" without this change). but this is not the main reason - if the player upgrade this tiny garage, he will pay $180 and got more two empty slots. if he keep this tiny garage and buy a small garage, the player will pay the same $180 but will have three empty slots instead ;)
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
since ATS 1.32... and counting

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”