Cabovers in ATS with more options

Wolftank57

Cabovers in ATS with more options

#1 Post by Wolftank57 » 30 Mar 2021 10:51

Surprised to not see this topic when I searched, so if this was made before and I just didn't see it, I apologize. I would love to see older styled cabovers in ATS, such as the Kenworth K100 or the Peterbilt 362. I have noticed that the more recently added trucks are brand new, such as the New Cascadia and the Western Star, even though years ago the Peterbilt 389 came out in both old and new version. Another neat addition would be longer sleeper options, similar to 18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul's Kenworth W900, with the ability to have those long, skeletal frames (I say skeletal due to the wasted space between the sleeper and the 5th wheel). Finally, I would personally love to have an interior upgrade option where the dashboard and the color of the interior are upgraded separately; a few trucks in both ATS and ETS2 have either a dashboard I like with an interior color I dislike, or the other way around.

I hope a developer sees this and takes my thoughts into consideration; I know cabovers in ATS have been requested since the beginning, and I am one of those people who wants to see them come into the game some day!
Last edited by Wolftank57 on 03 Apr 2021 08:29, edited 1 time in total.
flight50

Re: Daycabs in ATS with more options

#2 Post by flight50 » 01 Apr 2021 02:09

You are not just asking for daycabs, you are asking for cabovers. There is a huge difference. Cabovers are not in production and not made for the North American for decades now. The current roster of trucks are more up to date in production trucks or have a new generation that followed the previous.
Wolftank57

Re: Cabovers in ATS with more options

#3 Post by Wolftank57 » 03 Apr 2021 08:35

I am deeply sorry, I meant to say cabovers, I must have made that post very late at night and I made sure to edit it, thank you for pointing it out! And yes, I have made research as of why cabovers are out of style; I found the reason to be that trucks in the 70s had a very unpleasant driving experience, especially cabovers due to the seat being almost right over the front axle. I have driven semis for over 3 years, and I can say from experience that trucks now are extremely comfortable, but cabovers are still rare because the older truckers still have the literal painful memory of driving them while the newer truckers never got the chance to drive them. If you know of another reason as of why they're still rare, please tell me; I like to learn new things.
BattlePeasant
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Galaxy The Milky Way, Solar System, Earth

#4 Post by BattlePeasant » 03 Apr 2021 14:21

Cabovers are extremely dangerous for the driver in a collision.
More chrome for the god of chrome.
Wolftank57

#5 Post by Wolftank57 » 03 Apr 2021 20:51

That hasn't stopped the rest of the world from using them :D the only place other than America to use long nose trucks is Australia, and they're 50/50 and long vs short nose. Scania once made a long nose truck (Scania T420) but it hasn't been in production since the 90s I believe.
poozykrem

#6 Post by poozykrem » 03 Apr 2021 20:59

Agree, but i'm afraid that classic cabovers won't ever officially see the light in game
flight50

#7 Post by flight50 » 04 Apr 2021 10:28

Wolftank57 wrote: 03 Apr 2021 08:35 I have made research as of why cabovers are out of style; I found the reason to be that trucks in the 70s had a very unpleasant driving experience, especially cabovers due to the seat being almost right over the front axle.
One huge factor you didn't mention why cabovers exist are length restrictions. In the 90s when they phased out in the US is because they removed the length restrictions on truck/trailer combinations and therefore all the benefits of the conventional style took over. Australia is interesting in the fact that they use both COE and conventional style. Its the best of both worlds. Now many of us on here are hoping that someday, SCS does create a classic truck dlc. SCS never said no but they didn't say yes either. If such a truck does come, imo, its not core content and should be a paid dlc. They will have to go thru a lot of effort just to get it in. Overfloate's K100e and Harven's FLB are about the best COE truck mods we can have right now. They work well and achieve the goal of what many of us would like in the vanilla game.
natvander
SCS Software

#8 Post by natvander » 04 Apr 2021 10:47

BattlePeasant wrote: 03 Apr 2021 14:21 Cabovers are extremely dangerous for the driver in a collision.
No more so than bonneted trucks.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
pigbrother

#9 Post by pigbrother » 04 Apr 2021 10:50

If your safety depends on a 1.5 tons block of metal, you should rethink your safety.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
BattlePeasant
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Galaxy The Milky Way, Solar System, Earth

#10 Post by BattlePeasant » 04 Apr 2021 11:36

@pigbrother, when the worst has happened, all you have to do is put your trust in the feet and the tons.
@natvander, I understand.
More chrome for the god of chrome.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”