US Army freight for ATS

Should SCS look into bringing back the Army as a shipping company for ATS?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 19

thebrufo

US Army freight for ATS

#1 Post by thebrufo » 15 Apr 2021 18:56

I was playing 18 Wheels of Steel earlier, which as some of you guys might know, is an older SCS title. I realized that you can accept goods from the US Army as a 'company'. You're able to haul stuff such as rockets and army goods to military installations. I saw someone suggest delivery to Area 51 here earlier as well, so I got my inspiration to elaborate on that person's idea and perhaps bring back the Army for 18WoS to ATS.

As the map expands, I'm sure SCS will have the chance to add military bases, headquarters, etc. and I assume they'd be able to add another company where we can get goods to and from, the Army. They could implement cargo such as rockets, from 18WoS, but also newer things such as weapons, tanks as a possible heavy cargo and even stuff on the more dangerous leanings side such as chemical weapons. I even think having the Army or military as a DLC is a viable option if SCS put the time into implementing special transport DLC type missions when transporting riskier cargo.

And, obviously, being able to see places such as Area 51 or in the far future iconic military installations such as Wright Patterson AFB (yes I know that's an Air Force installation), Fort Benning, or maybe even the Pentagon would be such a privilege.

Looking at the read first post of this section, I strongly believe shipping for the Army fits the simulation aspect of the game (you'd likely have to be an experienced driver though with multiple skill levels leveled up), implementation should not alter game engine abilities or the game's codebase, gameplay content, I personally believe it will add a ton, especially as ATS expands east and it should not affect any other aspect of the game. The only concern I can think of from a developer's standpoint is perhaps having to take the time and go back to adding notable military installations in already developed states, such a California and Coronado perhaps, or Edwards AFB / Area 51 in Nevada.

In conclusion, I think SCS should bring back the Army as a shipping company in ATS on a slightly larger scale than how it was in 18WoS. I didn't particularly flesh out the idea too much minus this post, but I just wanted to share my thoughts. Let me know yours.
hyperlink

Re: US Army freight for ATS

#2 Post by hyperlink » 16 Apr 2021 08:51

Definitely nice idea! I'm willing to pay for such DLC.
nater6540

#3 Post by nater6540 » 16 Apr 2021 16:07

Oh heck yes, that would be interesting.
Tails

#4 Post by Tails » 16 Apr 2021 17:37

would be cool to haul some military vehicles.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
flight50

#5 Post by flight50 » 23 Apr 2021 20:54

It would be nice but its not happening. Politics are left out the game as well as controversial things.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”