Poll: Paying SCS for ATS Enhanced Simulation Add-On

How much would you pay SCS for an Enhanced Simulation add-on that includes the items in this post?

$15.99USD
36%
$12.99USD
18%
$9.99USD
27%
None - I like basic arcade gameplay and am not interested in an actual simulation or learning about real trucking at all.
19%

Total votes: 67

SmokeyWolf

Re: Poll: Paying SCS for ATS Enhanced Simulation Add-On

#11 Post by SmokeyWolf » 11 May 2021 14:57

Far as the rest periods go if they are to mimic real life it should be as followed

11 hours of driving in a 14 hour window

Should have the option to do the 7/3 split as well.
bobgrey1997

#12 Post by bobgrey1997 » 11 May 2021 15:13

geebee75 wrote: 11 May 2021 03:22 Very few shippers know how to load. It's up to the driver to make sure it's done right.

And for the love of God, don't wear flip-flops! :)
That's exactly my point. Many times, the driver is not allowed to make sure it's right. Once we get there, the trailer is often sealed and done. The best we can do is scale it, slide the tandems to make it even, and if that fails, return to the shipper and have them reload it (if they refuse, we decline the load).
flight50 wrote: 11 May 2021 09:13 To the op, there are some very good options presented. Nothing no one hasn't spoken on before though. For me, the first 3, I don't have any care for in the world. I have never wished for them but it people want it, fine. Just make it optional. I think it starts getting away from delivering and too much management. But that's just my opinion. The game is more arcade style for all ages. The first three is more hardcore than most people would care for. Not everyone wishes for these. The new WoTr that is being worked on in parallel to the current WoT, was kinda of hinted by Pavel to be a bit harder core than the current game. When will that come...........no telling but harder core is acknowledged by the man himself. A lot of your list could get covered under that.

-breaking down trailers and multi drop is kinda two different things but I advocate them both. A lot needs to be done to properly implement it. Both these will elevate the game for sure
-5th wheel. If we can adjust the tandems, we should be able to do the same for the 5th wheel. Most won't bother with it but its a good option to have for those that want to adjust
-fined at scales.......ohhh yes. This goes along with breaking down trailers and multi drop imho. The game has to allow control over what's loaded. Cargo has to factor in by weight and how much is loaded for this to work
-resting in day cabs. For immersion purposes, I totally agree. There should be an incentive to going with a sleeper.
-tire blow out. Complete immersion but that could be considered a breech in license agreement here due to possible damage. A blow pretty much means loss in control of the truck to some degree. I'd like tear wear or blow out for sure along with more realistic brake fade. Perhaps a blowout doesn't have to be aggressive at all. We need physics in ATS though for this to work. Perhaps a slowing down of truck over time to a slow pace, leaning truck as the pressure slowly leaves the tire(s) until the truck goes to a crawl. Lets say down to 20mph or something. This forces replacements/repairs and fine system to kick in
-rest period. many have requested this and hopefully one day it comes. We don't always need 10hrs of sleep. But more options would be nice. Full, half or partial hrs up to maybe only 3hrs.
-check-in update. Not a bad idea. I'd definitely love to get this. It can be annoying having to line up things based off such a small icon.
-not that critical. You can change that in the game files now by yourself. I run my income factor at 0.3. A fool proof game setting works better but this one we can edit now without mods.

But I wouldn't pay for this and SCS wouldn't make it that way. This is all core content type stuff. WoTr or not, none of this spells paid imho. But one option that should have been available on the poll is - should be core content. Or Other. Something to that effect though. But with the current options, I won't cast a vote.
It will be optional. I have yet to see SCS implant a new gameplay feature that wasn't optional (random events, detours, etc). Even core features we've had from release are somewhat optional, such as the weigh stations entirely (you can simply disable traffic fines so as to not get a ticket for avoiding them).
The way I see it is the game is currently arcade style to suit most casual players, but at the cost of immersion suited to more hardcore players. There is no harm in a "simulation" mode in addition to "arcade" mode. One game that pulls this off quite well (despite the fact I despise said game) is War Thunder. I know, entirely different type of game. However, it allows you to choose between an "arcade" mode, where physics and damage don't work as they should in an effort to make the game more laid back and easy, and a "simulation" mode, where you have to deal with g-force from hard turning maneuvers, predicting your targets trajectory so that your bullets hit them, etc.
The same idea can work here by allowing a player to either switch between the two modes, or even allow the player to enable or disable each individual feature to get the exact style they want.

The way SCS has been implementing new features, I feel they will go the route of enable/disable each individual feature.
rsr

#13 Post by rsr » 13 May 2021 16:20

Though I would pay for these features and many more, I think this should be included in the base game. The feeling I have is that there isnt really much new content besides 1 more map expansion here, 1 new truck there now and then, no new big gameplay features.
- The game is still based on gettting a load from point A to point B, there isnt even the option to drop part of the load in one place then drop the rest on somewhere else.
- Unloading cargo is still comes down to pressing T and then a black screen goes on for 10 seconds and boom, your trailer is empty, dump trailers dont have anymation to dump the load, tankers dont have the option to connect the hoses to the trailer from the loading dock etc
- We somehow after 9 YEARS still dont have rigid trucks on the game
- No major physics improvement at all
- Truck chassis is still solid, no axle, cardan shaft, spring and tire animation whatsoever
- We dont have proper ABS on/off simulation at all
- No dirt on truck
bobgrey1997

#14 Post by bobgrey1997 » 14 May 2021 05:02

rsr wrote: 13 May 2021 16:20 - We somehow after 9 YEARS still dont have rigid trucks on the game
Where are you getting 9 years from? This topic is about ATS, which released 5 years 3 months 11 days ago on February 2nd 2016.
rsr

#15 Post by rsr » 14 May 2021 23:39

bobgrey1997 wrote: 14 May 2021 05:02
rsr wrote: 13 May 2021 16:20 - We somehow after 9 YEARS still dont have rigid trucks on the game
Where are you getting 9 years from? This topic is about ATS, which released 5 years 3 months 11 days ago on February 2nd 2016.
Considering ETS2 was launched in 19 oct 2012 and ETS2 and ATS are basically the same game, yes 9 years almost.
bobgrey1997

#16 Post by bobgrey1997 » 15 May 2021 02:16

The thing is, your 9 year point was about rigid trucks. SCS has license agreements with specific brands to include specific vehicles into ATS. Those agreements don't even acknowledge the existence of ETS2. As such, to add rigids to ATS, SCS has to negotiate for ATS specifically, which has only been out for just over 5 and a quarter years.
ETS may have had 9 years to negotiate a license for rigids, but ATS has not.
geebee75

#17 Post by geebee75 » 02 Jun 2021 06:36

So now the question is, how do we get SCS’ interest? Only 26 votes so probably not.
ASDF

#18 Post by ASDF » 02 Jun 2021 17:34

I hope that the scs software can add a control system to the low-platform trailer, because I am a heavy-duty transport enthusiast. The current 3+3+3 low-platform trailer cannot stand the control of the front, because the last trailer is a full trailer. Link, not the center axle link. If it is a center axle link, it can still be reversed under the control of the truck
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
VTXcnME

#19 Post by VTXcnME » 04 Jun 2021 17:09

geebee75 wrote: 09 May 2021 23:06
  • Ability to walk around truck anywhere - not just in the truck upgrade shop.
  • Pre-Trip checks: Ability to perform walk-around and perform some basic safety checks.
  • Ability to get out and connect/disconnect your own trailer lines, raise/lower landing gear. (And if you don't you can't leave).
  • Breaking down doubles, multi-drops with doubles.
  • Ability to slide fifth wheel and trailer axels. You need to be able to properly balance your load, because..
  • ...Get fined at the scales (which should now check). 12,000 Steer, 34,000 Drive, 34,000 Tandems. (Verify and match DOT limits).
These could be included in a "hardcore", "pro" or "realistic" mode. I think a lot of mainstream users (myself included) I play to unwind and relax. Some of this is too much like work.
geebee75 wrote: 09 May 2021 23:06
  • Cannot rest in day cabs. Only local loads should be presented if that's your truck. Or failing that, can only rest at motels.
  • In order to rest, you must move to your sleeper bed. Nothing fancy, just simulate a camera movement where you get up, move to and sit down on the bed facing forward.
  • Option to have tires occasionally blow out if you let them wear >50%, requiring roadside assistance and 3-hour (in-game) wait. (And doesn't end your delivery).
  • Ability to specify (slide-bar) how many hours to rest. In reality it's not a straight 12 on 10 off as it can be broken up. Make it compliant with US DOT requirements.
  • Change the green check-in square to a rectangle across the whole driveway entrance, so you can actually line your truck up properly when turning into the yard as to not hit your trailer.
  • Slow down the economics. Say, half the pay it is now. That's still higher than reality however this is still a game and you don't want to take 5 real years to pay off a truck. You also shouldn't max out the game in a month either.
Agree with all this... There's literally no penalty for letting your tires wear. Like the engine/tranmission damage... there should be a penalty if you only have tire damage that goes unchecked. Sleep for 6hrs here or 8hrs there. Again, that might be something that could be included in a "pro" mode.

+10,000 on the green rectangle/bar instead of a little box at delivery drop points... more than once I've had to check in the load and then readjust how I'm set up to enter the yard. Little unrealistic that you'd have to back out and reset instead of making a proper approach to start with.
bobgrey1997

#20 Post by bobgrey1997 » 05 Jun 2021 16:34

You know, if I actually had a PC to play ATS on, I'd have loved this "enhanced" mode this week.
I've been busy driving around the country in a truck in reality, but have spent thelast week sitting around doing nothing in Kansas. I'd have loved to start up ATS and keep rolling virtually! These enhanced features would have just made it better.
But instead, I just sat around watching a sign do strange things....
https://imgur.com/a/ydXPSC5

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”