Poll: Paying SCS for ATS Enhanced Simulation Add-On

How much would you pay SCS for an Enhanced Simulation add-on that includes the items in this post?

$15.99USD
36%
$12.99USD
18%
$9.99USD
27%
None - I like basic arcade gameplay and am not interested in an actual simulation or learning about real trucking at all.
19%

Total votes: 67

Bob123412

Re: Poll: Paying SCS for ATS Enhanced Simulation Add-On

#21 Post by Bob123412 » 05 Jun 2021 22:23

^I've never seen a sign do that before. I broke my computer getting into my truck a month ago so I haven't been able to play anything sense, which sucks cause I keep breaking down. I strongly agree that there should be different gameplay modes for people who want different experiences. Casual for sightseers or people who just want to unwind/screw around. Realistic for people who want to get a feel for the real thing virtually. Hardcore for people who want an extreme challenge could push things to unrealistic extremes for difficulty. And of course, Custom mode, which is basically what we have now, where you can just go in and toggle all the things you want to your own preference.

As for the list:
walk arounds, pre trips, connecting lines/legs. I have no use for. I do that enough IRL but I can see why people would want it.

Breaking down Doubles, multi drops. Two technically separate issues, but I don't think the would allow doubles to be broken until after multi drop was added. There would be no real point to doing it.

Sliding axles, fifth wheel, Real weight restrictions. I would love to see this added but this however weight rules very from state to sate, load type, road etc. its not as simple as 12-34-34.

Cannot rest in day cabs. Well no, You can rest in day cabs, as uncomfortable as it may be. I've done it. I know guys who have done it. It sucks, but when your time is up your time is up. With that being said, I think the rest system does need a good overhaul with more places to park. I do think that day cab parking should be limited.

Move to sleeper. this would just be a cut scene. If it was added it should be overlayed by the current fade to black. I would be annoyed if i had to watch the cutscene every time and then have it fade to black.

Random Tire blowouts. I would love to see a more advanced repair/ breakdown system.The current system doesn't even make sense. you can go into a shop and repair your engine without anything else but still get engine malfunctions cause your overall damage is too high. Random tire blowouts, or just a more in depth breakdown system that shows what is broken. 3 hours for a tire repair, not unheard of but not necessarily average. Then again, I've been sitting here all day with a blown airbag so what do I know.
https://i.imgur.com/Vh1KGrf.jpg

Specify Rest amount. Yes, Yes, Yes. Even without implementing the real HOS rules (Which I do believe should be added), I think adding a way to specify when you want to start your day would be great. I hate driving in the day time IRL, but in game i want to drive in the day so I can look around and see the map. Since traffic density isn't simulated there is no benefit to driving at night, all it does it's stops you from seeing the map.

Change check in area. I think the whole yard could be the check in area. especially when reloading at the same place.

Slow down Economics. I don't think that is the right solution. Yes the economics needs an overhaul, but it should be done properly not just cut the prices of everything in half.

All in all I think most of these things should be included but I would not consider any of them Enhanced simulation to the point where they would be a paid DLC.
BattlePeasant wrote: 10 May 2021 04:51 It will take much less than three hours to change a wheel (I hope every driver has a jack).
I don't have a jack or any tools. I don't even know If i could lift a tire. Most company's don't want there drivers changing tires or doing any maintenance. I do some things when I can but never tires. Being an O/O is a diffrent ball game of course, even still If I was an O/O i wouldn't change my own tire. Car yes, Big truck No.
bobgrey1997

#22 Post by bobgrey1997 » 05 Jun 2021 22:27

You keep breaking down? Who do you drive for, and what do they have you driving?
I've not broken down yet, but CR England keeps me sitting in Kansas waiting for loads.
That is why as soon as they dig my trailer out of the ground, I'm'a "get the hell outta Dodge", literally (I've been stuck in Dodge) and get to Dallas to switch jobs.
Bob123412

#23 Post by Bob123412 » 05 Jun 2021 22:36

I work for a small family run company (not my family). Most of our gear is Second hand fixer upper stuff. honestly I don't mind being broken it keeps things interesting trying to fix things while keeping the load moving to schedule.
Sometimes I'll sit for 48 hours waiting for a load but not very often.
I hope there paying you while you wait. I get payed the same whether I move or I get stuck.
nater6540

#24 Post by nater6540 » 27 Jul 2021 16:05

I thought steerable axles were rated for 20,000 lbs the last time I checked.
Bob123412

#25 Post by Bob123412 » 11 Aug 2021 02:51

Hmm, I just looked this up again and found conflicting information, so the truth is nobody really knows. The maximum axle rating and the maximum legal rating are two different things. Different equipment also has different weight ratings. a lighter duty truck with would have a lower weight limit than a heavy duty truck. The federal limit for a single axle is 20k. However, steer axles are different than a drive axle and many states have a lower maximum limit on them 12k is the rule of thumb to guarantee legality in every region 12k is also the only way to perfectly distribute the weight of a max weight truck legally in all regions.

So in short, yes there are areas you can put 20k on your steers as long as the equipment is rated for it, but not everywhere.
Aktemur

#26 Post by Aktemur » 09 Dec 2021 10:27

Another realism issue, not all the roads cause same level of exhaustion. When you are driving at night, on a road with too many bends, gravel mountain roads, long staright roads, rainy/snowy wheather should have different effects on driver concentration and tiredness. The harder the conditions the faster you should get tired. These difficulty levels should be incremental, for example if you drive in a gravel mountain road in a heavy rain at night you shoud be getting tired pretty easily as these conditions requre upmost concentration.
bobgrey1997

#27 Post by bobgrey1997 » 09 Dec 2021 14:53

This isn't an issue with the roads or the fatigue system, but rather why the fatigue system exists.
It doesn't represent how tired the driver is at all. It only represents the legal rest period of 10 hours.
If you, for example, just spend time in free roam with no breaks in gameplay, you will find the fatigure system to say you are tired around 14 hours in, meaning you should take a rest break, which is only and always 10 hours, no more, no less. This is a 24-hour period.
If we ever see a realistic hours of service, as suggested here a few times, this fatigue system will likely simply go away, as it won't be needed. If one properly uses the hoyrs of service in reality, you will never be sleepy while driving. Sure, this isn't exactly true because there are many variables (you can get sick and feel tired as soon as you begin driving, for example). However, these variables don't really have a place in-game as they are more about basic human nature while the game is mkre about a larger lifestyle. While it may be realistic to simulate all of these different variables, it simply wouldn't be viable or useful to the gameplay.
HondaCBX1982

#28 Post by HondaCBX1982 » 08 Apr 2022 14:07

Love the majority of your (line of) ideas, well thought of. Definitely would be great options, especially if each indeed can be ‘opted in/out of’ in the settings.

My ‘most desired’ would be the possibility to break-down doubles and have the cargo split among the trailer setup with multi-drops.

That would so immensely change the experience. Also the console command to switch-off parking for doubles could be standard choice option in the ‘advanced options’ settings selection. Makes it easier for all of those capable of doing advanced driving, but not so capable of handling the console or config file…😀

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”