Adjustable Economic Model

Aktemur

Adjustable Economic Model

#1 Post by Aktemur » 12 May 2021 08:59

I think It would be great to change the game economic model in the start screen with a slider like 1x to 15x, where 1x simulates the real world conditions and 15x simulates 15 times more payment per mile. Also it would be great to different options to adjust the starting capital of the player like "unemployed","small enterpreneur", "rich enterpreneur". an "unemployed" player would have zero capital to purchase a small garage and have to dig his way up, while a "rich enterpreneur" would have enough capital to purchase a semi and a medium garage
flight50

Re: Adjustable Economic Model

#2 Post by flight50 » 13 May 2021 05:06

1x-15x? 1 is already wayyy to much in the game. More than 1 is super overkill.By the time you are level 25ish, you'll see what I mean. Way too much money in the game and no solid way to dump it all. Most people reduce from 1.0. I have my income factor at 0.3 which is a lot more realistic to real life per mile payment. Even 0.3 is a bit much sometimes.

As far as capitol, the game is pretty much already as you state. Except we start with a little but that little does not buy you a truck. If anything, come up with a used truck market to buy a truck to immediately get started with small entrepreneur and not have to work for anyone.
harishw8r

#3 Post by harishw8r » 13 May 2021 06:04

^How about 0.25? I believe that would be a more realistic value.
Aktemur

#4 Post by Aktemur » 13 May 2021 13:34

flight50 wrote: 13 May 2021 05:06 1x-15x? 1 is already wayyy to much in the game. More than 1 is super overkill.By the time you are level 25ish, you'll see what I mean. Way too much money in the game and no solid way to dump it all. Most people reduce from 1.0. I have my income factor at 0.3 which is a lot more realistic to real life per mile payment. Even 0.3 is a bit much sometimes.

As far as capitol, the game is pretty much already as you state. Except we start with a little but that little does not buy you a truck. If anything, come up with a used truck market to buy a truck to immediately get started with small entrepreneur and not have to work for anyone.
Right now I am playing the game with a mode that I have created by dividing the original job income to 15. so basically 1x is the "Real World Condition" where you earn around 4$ per mile for market jobs and around 0,50 per mile for free jobs. 15x is the unmodified game values.

by capital I mean a broke man with zero money. no garage-nothing. while small enterpreneur will have a tiny garage-no cash. rich enterpreneur will have a medium garage and some cash to purchase his first truck.
flight50

#5 Post by flight50 » 13 May 2021 14:51

Understood on capital. So basically a true career mode. Start from the bottom and work your way up. If the new WoTr is more or less a career mode, we could get a lot more in depth with the game. I'd like to think that is the reason for SCS talking about developing a driving school. That can tie into a ton. Endorsements and types of trailers one is allowed to haul along with acquiring certain skills to get around the game. Most of us run several profiles anyways. I wouldn't mind starting a true career mode. Currently the career mode is more arcade like. But to simulate a more hardcore type career, it could be possible that is what SCS is working on with the new WoTr that is worked on in parallel with the current gameplay.

A more hardcore simulation could be just the think that a lot of people have been waiting for. I don't want to overhype the new WoT but the thought of what it could possibly be like is intriguing. One day, we may get our answer. Assuming the project is still alive of course.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”