More Chassis Options

hvyhal

More Chassis Options

#1 Post by hvyhal » 15 May 2021 16:18

I know the recent 1.40 update brough more chassis options to the table, however, I am looking for more. SCS did a great job with this release. But I am a heavy hauler in real life. I also drive the Pete 579 in real life. I would very much like to see SCS put an 8x4 option for the truck for both day cab and sleeper. You can actually spec this truck with an 8x4 in real life so please add it to the list. Thank you. Below is a picture of one with a short sleeper as an 8x4
Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198440518973/
nater6540

Re: More Chassis Options

#2 Post by nater6540 » 17 May 2021 15:06

Interesting
flight50

#3 Post by flight50 » 17 May 2021 18:54

SCS is aware that any truck can be specified for anything. 8x4 isn't an exception. However, there is very low demand for a 579 8x4. You will have to learn to mod to get that one in 8x4. The 579 is more widely known as an OTR fleet truck.
Bulldog385

#4 Post by Bulldog385 » 17 May 2021 21:44

I'd love to see 579/T-680 & Anthem along with single axles for the 389 & W-900L, Lonestar and 49X added as well.

@flight50: So...? what you consider high/low demand in one area of country, could be completely opposite in another part of the country. Also let's not forget laws like "Bridge formula" and "length limit" laws that are different states. For example that's why the little long hood single axles ruled Cali ag industry or .. at least did smh... But yet No love from SCS on that ... IMO when SCS adds a truck to the game, just give it every chassis option that is in game currently. So that way it gives players more options/choices to create their own rig to fit their own tastes. Instead of having to resort to mods for things that should already be in game as standard smh

It's a game after all at the end of the day and We all should be allowed to have fun in it.
SmokeyWolf

#5 Post by SmokeyWolf » 17 May 2021 22:20

Agree with you @Bulldog385.
flight50

#6 Post by flight50 » 18 May 2021 18:54

@Bulldog385 I agree with adding chassis from the start. We just got 8x4/4x2 so perhaps that trend starts now. We can't judge it from the past anymore. 1.40 started a new chassis era. I complained and moaned since 2018 when ETS2 got 8x4 with heavy haul and ATS didn't it for heavy haul. At least the W900 and the 389. I'm about the only one that kept hounding about ATS not having it and no one else really stood up to request on here. Here and there the blogs and steam posters asked for them but no one seemed to care. Now people care about 8x4 them now that they are here. I took awhile because very few was advocating to let the devs know we wanted it. So getting this chassis or that chassis isn't something I am against with any truck. I fully understand each part of the country is different so no need to explain bridge formula. I've been around long enough to understand how it works in the US with axles and weight.

I research and research topics of interest a lot when it comes to ATS. I'm quite active here and its my research that I speak on majority of the time. I notice trucking in my city, in my region when I travel. I've done a lot of Youtube watching as well that typically isn't in my region. I have viewed countless heavy hauls and special transport transits and I find that the majority of those videos are Paccar trucks or Daimler trucks for the mass majority of those jobs. The W900, 389, 567, T800 or T880. You may also find 122SD's or 4900 pulling heavy loads. I never said others don't exist nor pull such loads though. When you see heavy haul or special transport videos in the US its typically going to be one that I mentioned. This goes from pulling just a single pivot lowboy or an articulated lowboy. There are pics of Volvos and Anthems around as well but you can find anything on any truck is specified a particular way. This is why I stated that any truck can be specified for whatever one chooses. But a 579 is going to be an OTR truck majority of the time around the country. It build for fuel economy and that is what fleets will go after.

I am sure SCS went with what they see most via research for hh and st needs. Same with 4x2. Its very odd to see a classic in 4x2 but they exist. Just not common. If all configurations are provided from the beginning, cool. But 1.40 started the extra chassis options. We can't expect every single truck off the bat for 1.40 to have all configuration. Even the ones we have now needs adjustments and we don't have those fixed yet. If they did all at once, that is even more they have to do. The vehicle team is already stretched thing and I'm surprise we even have what we have. At the end of the day, SCS will go with what they see fit via researching. Why create something with low demand is the why I'd think. Don't create it unless demand from fans all for it. This is probably why it took so long to even get 8x4/4x2 because no one would help me advocate for it. But now those extra options are here so that's dirt under the rug now.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”