Gearbox layouts

wolftrucking

Gearbox layouts

#1 Post by wolftrucking » 11 Jun 2021 06:37

I'm terribly sorry if this has been suggested before. I found a similar thread, but it's not quite what I'm asking for.

With ATS/ETS currently, if you're using an H-shifter you have to select the transmission in your truck in the controls option. which is fine if all you drive is a eaton fuller 18, but if you're like me, you own several trucks, in several different configurations, with different transmissions, some automatics, 18 speed, 10 speed, etc. I think having a option in the future that was something like "Use current truck layout" or similar that automatically selected the correct layout for the Hshifter would be a nice QOL feature.

If I'm switching to drive an automatic, I have to change my settings, or go back to the way I used to drive before I had an H-shifter using the paddles on my wheel.
rsr

Re: Gearbox layouts

#2 Post by rsr » 14 Jun 2021 16:24

Yes was just thinking about that. Kinda annoying that I have to switch between 13, 18 , 10 or automatic layouts every time I switch trucks
wolftrucking

Re: Gearbox layouts

#3 Post by wolftrucking » 15 Jun 2021 12:03

For sure, this for both ATS and ets would be nice. no idea how much wheel reinventing SCS would have to do to make it possible. As far now, the work around (if we considered it a bug) would be to change our settings everytime we switch trucks, or have all of our trucks with 18 speed gearboxes. lol

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”