AI questions

Northern Star

AI questions

#1 Post by Northern Star » 24 Jun 2021 18:27

I am new to this post and the American Truck Simulator Game. I have been watching videos of this game. It's great. But I do have a few questions. Number 1, I see that there is a bus mod for this game. [ I use to drive buses in the 80's ] Is it possible to have bus connections at bus terminals in big cities and bus stations in small towns? For as points go, if a driver arrives at a bus terminal on time he/she gets points. If they arrive before the schedule they get extra points. Are they going to have Trailways buses in this game. Plus have regional buses. Number 2, can this be done? The vehicle's that are on the interstate, have the AI vehicles move over to the other lane if possible so that that the traffic merging onto the interstate can merge without stopping. Plus program the AI not to slow down for no reason. Thank you for your time.
GinXeng

Re: AI questions

#2 Post by GinXeng » 25 Jun 2021 00:11

I'm confused here, are you asking for Bus features in a trucking game? I dont think SCS is interested in doing anything more with buses than maybe, if maybe adding a new Model in game but thats about it. This is a trucking game focused on trucks after all.
Northern Star

#3 Post by Northern Star » 07 Jul 2021 15:38

Right I understand.
Northern Star

#4 Post by Northern Star » 14 Jul 2021 15:40

Okay I've been thinking about your answer. You are right, this is a trucking game. But the name of this game is American Truck Simulator. When the last word in this game is simulator ( which means a realistic imitation of the operation of a vehicle ) So why not look at the all aspects of this wonderful game. I'm not saying stop doing everything SCS is doing at this time for this game. But why not look into the future of this game. Outside of buses, they can add cars. Now you're adding more humans to the game. Now as we know businesses are out to make money so why not sell the buses and cars. I'm sure there are plenty of people in this community that would buy cars & buses. Now if SCS is reading this message, they can sell the buses with different numbers ( more realistic than having the same numbers on the buses ) Again I'm not saying stop making trucks, but look into the future.
xXCARL1992Xx

#5 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 14 Jul 2021 15:50

the name also has the word Truck in it, so that excludes every vehicle that is not a Truck by definition, and no pickup trucks are not counted to that
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Xegethra

#6 Post by Xegethra » 15 Jul 2021 00:34

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 14 Jul 2021 15:50 the name also has the word Truck in it, so that excludes every vehicle that is not a Truck by definition, and no pickup trucks are not counted to that
Although the old Hardtruck/18 Wheels of Steel series also implies one vehicle, yet in Convoy I think it was, you could drive vans and even cars. They were linked to jobs, you had to drive them to deliver them. While I don't think we will see new vehicles to drive in this game, it has been known in the series before. However yeah, if SCS wanted to make a bus simulator, they should probably go make one instead of retro fitting this game, or if they do, do it as a new title.
GinXeng

#7 Post by GinXeng » 15 Jul 2021 01:16

@Northern Star Even with the name "Simulator" this game falls short of a Simulator. @Xegethra SCS already made a bus game called Bus Driver back in 2006 and it was horrible, I dont think they will be doing that again. Also the Hard Truck Series were not SCS it was SoftLab-Nsk Ltd. Even though 18 Wheels of steel had the Hardtruck name in it, those were different developers.
Xegethra

#8 Post by Xegethra » 15 Jul 2021 01:19

GinXeng wrote: 15 Jul 2021 01:16 @Northern Star Even with the name "Simulator" this game falls short of a Simulator. @Xegethra SCS already made a bus game called Bus Driver back in 2006 and it was horrible, I dont think they will be doing that again. Also the Hard Truck Series were not SCS it was SoftLab-Nsk Ltd. Even though 18 Wheels of steel had the Hardtruck name in it, those were different developers.
It says SCS on Steam though, as developers. If it isn't them then why would it say that?
GinXeng

#9 Post by GinXeng » 15 Jul 2021 01:24

https://www.mobygames.com/company/softlab-nsk-ltd . Hard Truck 18 Wheels of steel was SCS, anything "Hardtruck" before that was softlab which let you drive cars and other stuff.
Xegethra

#10 Post by Xegethra » 15 Jul 2021 01:27

I see, what a mix up. Well, then at least one SCS game had other vehicles, and that would be indeed Convoy. You could drive a mustang in it.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”