Honking the Horn for a Child

ChickenBoneJohn

Honking the Horn for a Child

#1 Post by ChickenBoneJohn » 21 Jul 2021 16:01

Stuck at a red light or on the highway, the vehicle next to you might show a child in the rear window. The child will put their hand up, indicating you to honk the horn and awarding you some xp if you do so. I think this would be a nice addition. Small, but true. Driving down the highway for long periods of time is boring. This occasional encounter will surely make you happy. :D
Wakou22

Re: Honking the Horn for a Child

#2 Post by Wakou22 » 21 Jul 2021 18:26

I agree!
trainguy_gaming

#3 Post by trainguy_gaming » 26 Jul 2021 00:50

@ChickenBoneJohn I agree with you on this! :)
Wakou22

#4 Post by Wakou22 » 27 Jul 2021 10:38

"Flashing in"
I am an ex- 'real-life' euro-trucker.
There is a convention that, when being overtaken by another long vehicle, ("elephant-race") one "flashes-in" the overtaking vehicle, to let him know that it is safe for him to pull back in to the 'slow' lane, and that you are ready and expecting him to do so.
(I don't know if this is the case in USA)
Also, when one sees a truck on a slip-lane entering a motorway/highway etc, one pulls over to the next lane, and flashes the vehicle to let him know that he can proceed without having to decelerate etc. (IYSWIM?)
I doubt that this convention has ever prevented an accident. But driving can be a lonely job, and this little thing helps to give a sense of community among drivers!
When I first started playing ETS2, I was very disappointed that this was not a feature.
It is very much on my "wish-list" for ETS2!

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”