Let Driver Get Out of Cab

quixoticiamlost

Let Driver Get Out of Cab

#1 Post by quixoticiamlost » 27 Jul 2021 19:34

Would be nice to have GTA-style gameplay where instead of player controlling a truck, player controls a human character who, in turn drives a truck.
This would enable player to step out of the cab and do such things as:
  • GOAL during parking maneuvers.
  • Pump fuel for tractor/reefer.
  • Open trailer doors while delivering.
  • Hook up dolly for doubles.
  • Operate landing gear.
  • Any other trucking activities that are done out of the cab
I realize this is farfetched with current game setup. Maybe this feature would be easier to implement if player was corralled to a certain radius around the truck. :?
But sometimes I need to blind-side into a spot and it breaks immersion or feels like cheating to depend on multiple camera views that wouldn't exist IRL.
Optional Features

Re: Let Driver Get Out of Cab

#2 Post by Optional Features » 27 Jul 2021 22:37

I agree, but unlikely that will come in this game at this point.

Would definitely make the overall experience more interesting, and reduce the constant need for more roads.
AllMore

#3 Post by AllMore » 02 Aug 2021 08:43

Foot camera will be enough, like in a garage, if they don't want or cannot make a complete driver model.
Plus, add the activity that was said from above.
And the game will sparkle with new colors.

Some interesting idea (not my) for activity on the screenshot:
Attachments
Снимок экрана 2021-08-02 164523.jpg
Wakou22

#4 Post by Wakou22 » 02 Aug 2021 14:44

You can already get out and walk about, using the console.
AllMore

#5 Post by AllMore » 04 Aug 2021 04:29

Wakou22 wrote: 02 Aug 2021 14:44 You can already get out and walk about, using the console.
Really? Fresh news. Nobody knew it))) *sarcasm*
We are talking about gameplay features of the game, not about console commands for flying free cameras that still need to be enabled.
ThePlagueDoctor186

#6 Post by ThePlagueDoctor186 » 09 Aug 2021 02:12

They would have to kidnap a bunch of developers from Rock Star who make GTA in order for them to have something like this come to fruition.
Always keep the Greasy/Rubber side down and the shiny side up. Even if what is supposed to be shiny isn't shiny anymore. But still it's always better to stay on top of the wheels none the less!
bobgrey1997

#7 Post by bobgrey1997 » 09 Aug 2021 03:43

Why? Rockstar isn't the only game to have made character models, animations, or movement systems.
Optional Features

#8 Post by Optional Features » 09 Aug 2021 07:23

We know scs planned something like this years ago based on the fact all of the early default trucks had separated doors and hoods. An early teaser of the game even showed these parts animated on an early version of the 579.

But the fact large potatoes and we love the community skins take development time over this is astonishing.

Nothing about walk mode seems difficult from a theoretical perspective. Like in the store, fix the camera to a set height, and add nodes/triggers to do various things.

It would really add to the immersion of the game and allow modders to take things a step further and add additional features.

But none of these things seem to be a priority, and I'm not sure why? Trucking is a lifestyle, and any game that accurately represents that life should reflect parts of trucking other than staring out the windshield.

There are papers to sign, axle weights to monitor, air lines to connect, tires and fluids to check, loads to secure, and much more.

Rig N' Roll gave players cutscenes back in the day to show some of the other parts of the trucking life.

Truck World Australia (still in development) added manual fueling before a beta even has surfaced.

And Truck and Logistics Simulator allows players to load trailers manually with a forklift.

And Farming Sim, which doesn't even have a gearbox, allows you to get out of the cab, load pallets with a forklift, connect dollies and trailers, drive machines onto lowboys, and strap down cargo. With a few mods, you can manually connect air and hydraulic lines, toggle switches in the cab with a click, and use cranes to unload/load larger cargo.

ATS is already a good game, but it could be a great game if we had more to do than drive. I think I can speak for a significant chunk of the playerbase in saying I'd much rather be able to interact with my environment (and the truck and trailer itself) rather than get another 1000 miles of road that I can drive in a weekend.
TexasWhirlwind

#9 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 10 Aug 2021 02:26

Why do we need this out of the cab thing. Isn't there more important thing with this game that need done before something trivial like that. Such as the stupid , and game stuttering and sounds, video colors so on......
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
AllMore

#10 Post by AllMore » 10 Aug 2021 05:27

seriousmods wrote: 09 Aug 2021 07:23 ATS is already a good game, but it could be a great game if we had more to do than drive. I think I can speak for a significant chunk of the playerbase in saying I'd much rather be able to interact with my environment (and the truck and trailer itself) rather than get another 1000 miles of road that I can drive in a weekend.
2 cups of tea for this gentleman :D I completely agree.
TexasWhirlwind wrote: 10 Aug 2021 02:26 Why do we need this out of the cab thing. Isn't there more important thing with this game that need done before something trivial like that. Such as the stupid , and game stuttering and sounds, video colors so on......
You can fix default sounds using much better sound mods. Stuttering? - turned off steam cloud and conflict mods.
Video? if you don't like some color, you can use NVIDIA Filters, Reshade, paid mods.
But you can not fix then, what is not in the game.

"New" in gameplay for last ~2 years was - opening windows and convoys. That's all.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”