ATS famous California Incline omission

Simulationworld2020

ATS famous California Incline omission

#1 Post by Simulationworld2020 » 29 Jul 2021 13:58

Hello to everyone on the forum. First of all I hope you are well and safe during these difficult times. As I was driving through Malibu today ( ATS public beta 1.41) and after leaving the Malibu beach area, right after the intersection with the stop lights the Pacific Coast Highway turns into a two way rural road running along the coast towards Pacific Palisades. That's definitely not the case in real life as the PCH continues after Malibu 'till the Pacific Palisades intersection. (Even GTA V got this right xd). Furthermore when finally entering Santa Monica you have the beach area on the right and if you continue straight ahead you see the famous pedestrian bridges 'till you reach Ocean Ave. However the California Incline should be somewhere in the middle but it's definitely does not exist in the game. That really is weird because they included the Pier and everything around the beach, but missed out on a really famous road. On SCS blog I remember reading somewhere back in the day that California will receive a reskin and the cities will be revamped. Please do not misunderstand me. I never said that I expect SCS to replicate the whole city according to real life. I'm just talking about the existing roads in the game which are definitely not accurate. If someone has ever visited LA or is a native citizen could really help out on this matter. I've only noticed these omissions while watching the streets on Google Maps and on several Youtube Videos which show people driving from Malibu towards Santa Monica via the PCH.
Thank you very much in advance for your understanding and your time reading my post.
As a final note I'd like to add that SCS did a brilliant job with revamping Las Vegas making the road layout almost totally accurate to real life. As a matter of consequence why shouldn't they be able to make the road layout accurate in California state as well?
Best wishes,
Alex
trainguy_gaming

Re: ATS famous California Incline omission

#2 Post by trainguy_gaming » 30 Jul 2021 19:36

@Simulationworld2020 I totally agree with you on this

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”