Logistics Idea

ZaTransport

Logistics Idea

#1 Post by ZaTransport » 03 Aug 2021 21:46

Think it would be awesome if SCS had a team to dive more deeper into the logistics side of "trucking." Included is a screenshot of the current Freight Market/Cargo Market set up. SCS wouldn't really have to change the load types, but just add some more details to it, along with a product server that would hold the virtual products. The product server would generate the freight, then get randomized into fulfilments and autogenerated.
Now to simulate that into the game.. for any truckloads it would be 26-30 pallets of straight product. Meaning you have one product going to one destination (There are situations where you can have 1 to 2 extra stops on a truckload, but its still the same product). These would be either in the Freight Market, External Contracts, and in the Cargo/External Markets. Reason why it'd be in both is if you were to buy your own trailer. Now for Less-than-Truckloads (or LTL), you would need your own trailer. SCS would have to create and build a custom base trailer that has spots to place loads taken from the Cargo Markets. Reason for this, is so you could build your own multiple stop runs. The loads would have a random number generated to show the number of pallets attached to that specific load. Along with the LTL section there would be a number counter to show how much space is left on the trailer for more deliveries.
Obviously, one can only wish due to the fact that SCS is taking the time to put massive detail in the cosmetics of the game. But, it is possible.
Also attached (if it worked lol) is a screenshot of my play style. I use excel to organize data that I'll add in to make it more realistic. The data I add is pallet quantities to show how much of the product is being moved. I also use four in game companies to simulate virtual warehouses. (I run the C2C Mod, along with a real company mod.) I use the Rail Export's in Bakersfield and Denver, then I use Global Mills in Albuquerque and St Louis. All I do is record "data" that I attach to the loads coming in to these locations, as well as leaving. Also while out, I record each move I make so I can easily move freight efficiently. Be nice if I could code the setup into a mobile app too lol but anywho.
Now to run a logistical feel to the game, not all players would be required. As I've observed in groups everyone has their own ways to playing. Casual play, competitive, VTC style, whatever. There is a broad category we all fall into. I play it this way due to having been in the industry for 6.5 years, and helps with the PTSD I've acquired from driving. Yes, sadly enough from the split second decisions that were made to avoid distracted drivers, the sudden emergencies that arise out of nowhere will do things. So, from my perspective on how I play, and how adding in the load detail would really add the realism, or the option to add it in would be amazing for everyone. The Warehouse option would also be amazing for the logistics option as well. It wouldn't be the garage we use for the trucks (which need to be bigger), but a new unlockable warehouse to where the user can receive, ship the different types of loads. This would have a new custom garage attached to it for your parking, fuel, and drop trailers. The user can store freight for specific customers to obtain contracts for your fleet, as well as guaranteed loads for outbounds. Other companies within the community could also add to your inventory, as well as take loads and be recorded. Freight could be categorized between Truckload, and LTL. With the LTL, it would show how many loads to be picked up for replenishments, or how many outbound deliveries to your customers.
With all of this, it would just be nice to be able to have something like this, and given the time to research the operations of it. Of course it would take away from the main focus on the games upcoming releases and creation.
Thank you for your time!
Attachments
inbound.jpg
Warehouses.jpg
Work.jpg
ATSloads.png
SmokeyWolf

Re: Logistics Idea

#2 Post by SmokeyWolf » 05 Aug 2021 16:14

26 to 30 pallets is a lot for a truckload. 20 is about average sometimes 22 to 24. Depends on weight, what the product is, and what size pallets.

LTL can also go into pup trailers.

The custom warehouse would be a great idea as most bigger companies run their own warehouses too.
ZaTransport

Re: Logistics Idea

#3 Post by ZaTransport » 06 Aug 2021 04:55

Larry71490 wrote: 05 Aug 2021 16:14 26 to 30 pallets is a lot for a truckload. 20 is about average sometimes 22 to 24. Depends on weight, what the product is, and what size pallets.

LTL can also go into pup trailers.

The custom warehouse would be a great idea as most bigger companies run their own warehouses too.
True, it all depends on the variables of trailer size, commodity, and weight. Average pallet counts on a '53 ft trailer is 26 pallets for a truckload. That's straight in. Pinwheel them and you can get up to 28. All sideways can fit 30 pallets.
For the trailers under '53 ft it will differ. For a '48 ft trailer: 24 pallets on. '28 ft pup trailer: 14 pallets on. '26 ft box truck: 12 pallets on.
Companies like to maximize the space of trailers and the space available. Carriers charge per pallet spot for the LTL freight as well. Yes, LTL can be on the pup trailers. Depending on carrier, commodity, LTL freight pretty common. This form of shipment is common for the customers who don't need to use a full trailer space for what they are shipping. Out of the 6.5 years of running OTR Truckload/LTL with a '53 ft trailer, the most stops ive delivered was 8. The most amount of orders picked up for what the company did was 15 different orders, 33 pallets from Holten Meat in Sauget, IL on one trailer. But again, it all depends on the variable of different freight types, as well as freight demand. I only know refrigerated freight, but the data could be attached for the others as well. Could show fluid levels for tankers, fuel trailers. Show equipment counts, etc for heavy equipment. With the custom warehouse stuff, It would be a good idea as well. Lots of companies implement their own to save on shipping costs from 3rd party. Users would be able to consolidate the loads they bring in to one or more locations; like the garages, would create inventory of the loads, build loads for outbound freight. As of now, with my data I have 16 different customers between 4 virtual warehouses. Can check out a work in progress website at: https://zatransport0.wixsite.com/zatransportvtc. Again, its a work in progress on that end lol

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”