REALISM

macmclachlan865

REALISM

#1 Post by macmclachlan865 » 09 Sep 2021 15:16

OLD TRUCKER FROM THE 70,S 80S EARLY 90S. Play the game because i miss that era, don't miss trucking today. Back then two types of truck two types of driver. Big trucks, Large cars. Those that drive to live and those that live to drive. Back then we were REAL owner operators and loved our trucks. We didnt use (over the road coast to coast) the california trucks but good looking and well maintained trucks. We customized with extra lights and mainly, mainly good looking but simple paint jobs. Truck and trailer. Thats the background. Know little of computers and honestly don't know if possible but would like SCS (dont have any idea on modding) to add a light ability that allows lights (extras) on trailers (much like roof lights) on front of trailers above reefers and back doors down side nose and side rear, something like the driver plate for a company name on truck doors and garages (we are supposed to be building a company) truck doors does not need to be legible just looks like our company name on doors, garages could be banners. Paint jobs transferable to trailers. Thats my wish list. Dont want mods but would like a DLC from SCS. I probably screwed this up as i have only been in here twice and been chastized for posting wrong. Like i said computer illiterate and apologise in advance.
PBandJ

Re: REALISM

#2 Post by PBandJ » 09 Sep 2021 19:35

Good job, just as you are suppose too.....:) More than likely unless SCS releases tuning packs like they have for ETS2, you will have to use mods to do some of what you want to do.
macmclachlan865

#3 Post by macmclachlan865 » 12 Sep 2021 18:20

Thanks PBand for reply. Sorry for the delay as like i said comp ignorant. Not a "gamer" just an old trucker reliving the past.
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#4 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 14 Sep 2021 01:01

this game dosen't take place in the past
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
room217au

#5 Post by room217au » 14 Sep 2021 21:49

The Kenworth W900 (first built in 1961) is available in the base game.
peterbilt 389 (essentially a redesigned 379) is available in the base game.
For SCS to distribute trucks NOT currently on sale, new agreements must be made, signed and adhered to.
I wonder what will happen when, say, the 389 is no longer in production? Will it dispapear from the game?
I'm assuming that new deals will be made and content will reflect that. Maybe at that time a request will be made by SCS to build older trucks as well. Dunno. Don't really care, tbh. I only drive mod trucks.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
EricF

#6 Post by EricF » 15 Sep 2021 18:46

room217au wrote: 14 Sep 2021 21:49 I wonder what will happen when, say, the 389 is no longer in production? Will it dispapear from the game?
If ETS2 is any indication, older out-of-production trucks will stay in the game. SCS is keeping the older models of the trucks they put in the original game, and introducing some newer ones along the way.
System Specs for Beta and performance comparisons:
Ryzen 9 5900x - 32GB RAM - NVMe SSD - RTX2080 Super - 3440x1440 Ultrawide - TrackIR - T248 Wheel/Pedals
GT182

#7 Post by GT182 » 16 Sep 2021 23:16

Mac it's good to see another trucker on here... especially from the 70s up to into 90s. Like you I don't miss being on the road in today's world. But I like reliving those days old days thru ATS. I too drove in the 70s, 80s and 90s, those where the good 'ol days of trucking to me. My signature tells what I did. It was miserable at times and great in other times... and like you I survived it all. LOL Even some driving thru to 2015. :roll:

It's not all that hard to put mods into ATS. If I can do it you can too. ;) Just ask for help. Where abouts do you live? Look in my profile and you can send me a private message. We can go from there on how to get ATS going for you. Phones work wonders.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
GT182

#8 Post by GT182 » 16 Sep 2021 23:42

Now for an official wish....

Truck repair at our garages. Real life companies don't have garages that they don't do repairs in. It's a part of keeping the company going so they don't have to send their trucks, trailers, and other equipment out for the added cost of repairs. Any trucker that worked or works for a company knows that too. The only time repairs are done outside of a company garage is when a driver is nowhere near one of his company's garages and needs work done to continue his deliveries.
If SCS can't do it then someone that does mods can as I've seen in a couple of garages, that I've bought, that do repairs "in house".

Another is the drivers do not pay for fuel. The Company does. That to is a given in the real world. Only those truckers that are owner-operators or lease to a company buy their own fuel.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Steeler Bud

#9 Post by Steeler Bud » 18 Sep 2021 16:08

GT182 wrote: 16 Sep 2021 23:42 Now for an official wish....

Truck repair at our garages. Real life companies don't have garages that they don't do repairs in. It's a part of keeping the company going so they don't have to send their trucks, trailers, and other equipment out for the added cost of repairs. Any trucker that worked or works for a company knows that too. The only time repairs are done outside of a company garage is when a driver is nowhere near one of his company's garages and needs work done to continue his deliveries.
If SCS can't do it then someone that does mods can as I've seen in a couple of garages, that I've bought, that do repairs "in house".

Another is the drivers do not pay for fuel. The Company does. That to is a given in the real world. Only those truckers that are owner-operators or lease to a company buy their own fuel.
I totally agree. Why have a garage if it is only a rest place and fuel?
GT182

#10 Post by GT182 » 18 Sep 2021 23:11

Yeah.. not very "real" is it Steeler?

Here's another thing that burns my cookies, and is no way real:
Get rid of the blacked out windshield and side windows in the trucks at night. This is totally stupid to see. One minute it's a bit light and later it's so dark you can't see to make any turns. Even the driver's side windshield is almost totally useless at night. I've had to bend down to look thru an opening above the dash that was less than a third of the size of that section of windshield. If that happened in real life you'd never see a truck on the highways from dusk to dawn. I know I wouldn't drive like that for anyone. Not even in my daily car or my 66 GTO. Come on SCS, get the realism going that you brag about..... but isn't there.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”