Should SCS raise the WoTR limit to 80mph ??

Should SCS raise the WoTR limit to 80mph ??

Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes: 97

55sixxx

Re: Should SCS raise the WoTR limit to 80mph ??

#21 Post by 55sixxx » 13 Sep 2021 01:38

This has nothing to do with the speed that companies choose to drive in. It's about the HIGHWAYS and INTERSTATES speed limits... I don't want a racing game for god's sakes, i just want to drive at the speed limit that is set on the Interstate i'm driving on. HOW HARD IS TO UNDERSTAND THAT ????? If you don't want to drive at 75, then you're free to drive below that and set your CC to 65mph.

The raise on the speed limit should reflect real life speed limits right !? Because from what i'm reading here, just because a portion of real life trucking companies don't allow more than 65, we are stuck at that as well for the sake of "realistic company speed limit" while the only point of this thread is asking SCS to allow up to the biggest speed limit you can find for semi-trucks in the US so in that way you are free to drive at any speed you want as long as it is below 75 or 80.

I gotta tell ya, sometimes, the users in this forum really, really annoys the heck out of me by pretending to be not smart.

Y'all can come and cancel me if you want but now I've had enough man... For real. I always play cool and keep things to myself but what y'all are doing is distorting what i said in my OP...
Reis_6

#22 Post by Reis_6 » 13 Sep 2021 01:56

Dude, I agree with 55sixxx. The question here is whether it would be possible to raise the WoTr speed limit to what exists in real life and not simulate according to the top 20 US companies because 65mph for them is financially viable.

Putting an average of 75mph would be excellent, considering that the MAJORITY states in the USA are in that average. Same thing with Europe, there average is 90kmh, so it would have to take an average for the ATS and in this case it would be increasing the current limit that is a little lower than the allowed even in the states that we already have available. Its difficult to understand this?

ETS2 = We have a real life speed limit of ETS2.
ATS = We have a 'company' speed limit because this is financially viable.

Thats the point.
Grizzly

#23 Post by Grizzly » 13 Sep 2021 02:01

jarryed wrote: 12 Sep 2021 15:20
This list is of 20 of the largest(not in terms of size mind you) carriers that are speed governed. There are tons more besides this little list.

In my opinion there is no need to change the WoT speed limit for now.
Completely irrelevant, we play owner operators in the game. I can see a speed limiter applying if you're doing quick jobs as then you're driving someone else's truck.

And just to add, the speed limit is a disincentive to use WOT.
Reis_6

#24 Post by Reis_6 » 13 Sep 2021 02:14

I will try to explain better my last point:

ETS2: We have a real life speed limit inside the game. This is good, because this is the average based in Europe law's.
ATS: We have a 65 speed limit based on what is good for the 20 largest companies in the USA and not what each state allows, law, which would be the same with Europe.

I agree with Grizzly's thoughts at one point, because even with the 'company' limiter I prefer to do WoTr jobs. I like the statistics on the WoTr website. Honestly, if Jarryed, PBandJ and the others who disagreed with the increase can't understand our point of view, I give up trying to explain further. I respect their opinion here as this is a democracy but I can't accept what they are saying like a real life thing.
jarryed

#25 Post by jarryed » 13 Sep 2021 03:37

Grizzly wrote: 13 Sep 2021 02:01
Completely irrelevant, we play owner operators in the game. I can see a speed limiter applying if you're doing quick jobs as then you're driving someone else's truck.

And just to add, the speed limit is a disincentive to use WOT.
Not irrelevant at all. Just take a look at all the companies that are doing lease purchase options. Prime is a HUGE example. They are speed limited.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am done. These forums have turned into nothing but a whine and moaning fest about everything and anything that SCS is doing. The rhetoric is absolutely stunning with the short sightedness beyond absurd.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
bobgrey1997

#26 Post by bobgrey1997 » 13 Sep 2021 06:11

IvanKuz wrote: 12 Sep 2021 09:06 Aren't trucks in the game physically restricted from accelerating past 65 mph, though?
No. All of the trucks in-game can be bought in reality with no limiter. Only the fleet trucks have limiters, set to the fleet company's own specifications. In-game, the player's character is an owner operator, so the trucks available to him would not be limited in reality, unless he chooses to have the limiter installed (which is what the option in-game represents).

As for the original post, this has been brought many hundreds of times over the years. Most people here will tell you that the World of Trucks limiter is in place to make it a "fair and level playing field", in that all players competing for those jobs (yes, if you see a job in the list, but are half an hour from the pickup, another player can take it from you) are limited to the same speed. This is a bullshit reason for the limiter, as trucking isn't a "fair and level playing field". Owner-operators do not usually have speed limiters, and are instead only limited by their fuel efficiency and finances (mid 60mph is the most fuel-efficient speed for most trucks).
World of Trucks should not have a limiter at all.
PBandJ

#27 Post by PBandJ » 13 Sep 2021 11:51

@Reis_6 Your statement that majority of states allow 75 mph is incorrect. As listed in the post showing states speed limits for cars and trucks, it is not the majority, not even close. 12 of 50 states allow 75 mph or more. :)

@55sixxx there is no reason to scream, bullying won't get your way here. Everyone's opinion should be allowed to be expressed here without your insults of calling them stupid.

Since I have been coming to these forums it seems like people want the stock (non-modded) game to stay as realistic as possible for a game. I understand that there is several things that go on in game that are not very realistic ( such as flipping your truck over and 10 minutes later back to driving it, or finishing a WoT job and teleporting hundreds of miles back to the state to do another job to finish an event lol) but for a game it does pretty well. There is always mods out there to change a lot of the game to each individual likes for more individual enjoyment. You raise the speed to 80 which is an unrealistic speed for the vast majority of the area this game is suppose to represent. Not even close to being realistic. The speed it is set now far more represents what speed is allowed across the states this game is suppose to represent. That is why I like the way it is setup for the speed.
Grizzly

#28 Post by Grizzly » 13 Sep 2021 12:52

In Australia if I go down to the local Kenworth dealer and buy a truck, it will come with a 100 kph speed limiter, that's the law and there's no way around it without breaking the law. In the US if you go to your local Kenworth dealer the truck won't have a speed limiter fitted unless you ask them to, that's the difference.

Now this is a game and if SCS decide that all trucks should be limited to some arbitrary speed then they have the right to do that but it isn't realist for the US. In the game I don't drive a truck owned by Prime, I own it myself and it's up to me to obey the relevant speed limits.

There may be some other reason to limit WOT speed limit but I don't see WOT as being some competition where the speed even matters.

For the record I usually drive old trucks with pretty low powered engines so I use one of those for most WOT jobs, then I don't keep banging into the speed limiter.
plykkegaard

#29 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Sep 2021 12:56

Grizzly wrote: 13 Sep 2021 12:52 ... In the game I don't drive a truck owned by Prime, I own it myself and it's up to me to obey the relevant speed limits.
Sorry you are working for "WoTr"
If you want to run free as a bird please do other type of jobs

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
55sixxx

#30 Post by 55sixxx » 13 Sep 2021 13:04

@PBandJ So what ? Now i'm supposed to sit quiet and just put up with you guys twisting everything that i said in my OP ?? You like that speed, i'm OK with that, but what you did was come here and talk like i wanted to raise the limit to 100... And kept bringing stuff up that has nothing to do with the point of this thread.
My Original Post wrote:As you all know, some states we currently have in-game allow more than 65mph on the major part of their highways and we're getting to the point where it's becoming a nuisance for the players that like doing WoTR contracts... And once Texas is released, we'll be stuck at 65 while cruising through mostly straight roads with higher speed limit.
That is my original idea and request.
Your reply wrote:I thought everyone wanted to have the game be as realistic as possible, but I guess with people turning off having to sleep, fines, detours, and pretty much anything else they just want a racing game when it is all sad and done. See how fast we can drive from point A to point B. It's not a truck simulator, might as well change the name while you are at it. Please SCS do not raise this speed limit to unrealistic heights!
And then, there you were, talking like i'm asking to raise it to 100+ because i "want a racing game".

I have all the rights to get pissed by what some of you did in the last two pages. You took my initial idea, shoved something in that is not related to my OP, twisted my words and acted like i was the bad guy in this situation.

And then some of you come here again, acting like the victim and accusing others of being "whiners". Nobody here is whining about anything.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”