Should SCS raise the WoTR limit to 80mph ??

Should SCS raise the WoTR limit to 80mph ??

Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes: 97

Reis_6

Re: Should SCS raise the WoTR limit to 80mph ??

#31 Post by Reis_6 » 13 Sep 2021 13:15

PBandJ wrote: 13 Sep 2021 11:51 @Reis_6 Your statement that majority of states allow 75 mph is incorrect. As listed in the post showing states speed limits for cars and trucks, it is not the majority, not even close. 12 of 50 states allow 75 mph or more. :)
OMG dude, most states we have it now!!! Is it hard to understand this???? But as I said, I respect the opinions here and give up trying to clarify mine for a wall.
And dear friend PBand, from 48 states 30 has at least the limit of 70 allowed. So yes, 75 wouldn't be far-fetched given this majority.

There is a big difference between 12 states with 75 and one - GENERAL AVERAGE - with 30 states allowing at least 70 against 18 variable from 55 to 65
Grizzly

#32 Post by Grizzly » 13 Sep 2021 13:20

plykkegaard wrote: 13 Sep 2021 12:56 Sorry
Apology accepted.
PBandJ

#33 Post by PBandJ » 13 Sep 2021 13:27

@55sixxx I did not twist your words sir, nice try. I will not proceed with your attempt to argue. I gave MY opinion which is allowed here by all. You freely admit to turning things off in your posts you have made, which is your right to do, but now you are trying to force you want for more speed on everyone else. You are freely allowed to choose non-WoT jobs and drive as fast as you want to go. If someone giving their opinion on a subject causes you to scream and lose control you may want to seek anger management help. Good day!

@Reis_6 Sorry you think I am a wall. I am far from that. You stated that 75 would be a good speed, but it clearly shows that 75 is not the average of the states in the US. 70 mph is a lot closer to the average so that is a little more reasonable to change too. I am just going by the facts that are presented.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#34 Post by Mohegan13 » 13 Sep 2021 13:32

SCS don't care about the State speed limits.

The limit they use is purely due to future plans with WoTr that will prevent people cheating and getting an advantage (as stated by devs).

Most people feel 65mph was a bad choice, but the chance of them ever changing it is slim to none.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
SirVirgoTheMess

#35 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 13 Sep 2021 13:47

I decided to vote no,because i don't really do much World of Trucks contracts.And 65 mph is fast enough for me anyway.
Underscore_101_

#36 Post by Underscore_101_ » 13 Sep 2021 13:57

I don't really care for a change, but i'm fine with it if it's changed.

Wotr or not, i'm so used to pressing CC at 90km/h, or sometimes even 85 in ETS2 that i do the same in ATS at 55m/h :-)
In both games i have the speed limiter set anyway, but in ATS i rarely reach that, maybe when i'm in a hurry because of real life things and i want to finish a trip..
That speed is fine for me to play the game with, and find going faster less relaxing :-)
Reis_6

#37 Post by Reis_6 » 13 Sep 2021 14:07

I confess that I give up dialogues around here. I have given my opinion and I respect the opposing ones. Let's hope that this buzz here makes SCS think about this, even though it is difficult.
55sixxx

#38 Post by 55sixxx » 13 Sep 2021 14:09

Only fatigue is turned off in my game (As well as the speed limiter that do not exist in NA trucks)... And you know what, i don't care anymore. I literally can't stand people that plays they're the victim even less the people that twists the words i say... I ain't forcing anything on anybody, you're free to vote No. And it's because users like you that i spent almost two months away from here and now that i got back, it seems nothing has changed, as usual.

Change the speed limit, or don't... I don't care anymore... My time is much too valuable to put up with this.

A moderator can lock this up if they find necessary... All i wanted was to have the speed limit higher up so that people could choose what speed they want to drive in... If it's 65, 70, 75 or 80 they could do it but it seems that i'm demanding a "racing game".
VTXcnME

#39 Post by VTXcnME » 13 Sep 2021 14:26

55sixx,

I agree with you 65 is low. If you set your GPS info to display "Truck speed limits" in game, a fair amount of the time I'm stuck at 65 on a WOT contract, the truck limit is 70mph or higher. In parts of Utah, it shows truck limit of 80mph. It's funny when I'm driving WOT contracts getting passed by Wallbert or some other 'major carrier' in game. It's a slow pass, but still :lol: Guess the AI doesn't have to follow that weirdly arbitrary speed limit.

So, you are correct, and I think there's a number of folks that agree with you, but aren't participating the in the banter here... 65mph was a seemingly arbitrary number they assigned when they developed the game, and it should be addressed. If folks want to limit themselves to 65mph for 'realism' in their mind, then good for them, they can do that. But those who follow the actual listed speed limits for trucks, are forced slower for very arbitrary reasons.
IvanKuz

#40 Post by IvanKuz » 13 Sep 2021 14:28

What I'm getting from this conversation is that, ideally, the speed limiter shouldn't be a global option in the gameplay settings at all, and instead should be an option of a truck itself, just like an engine or a paintjob. It should be enabled by default in quick job trucks, but be entirely optional for owned trucks. This is all regardless of WoTr. And since the speed limiter isn't law-mandated like it is in the EU, its presence in WoTr for ATS seems completely arbitrary.
plykkegaard wrote: 13 Sep 2021 12:56Sorry you are working for "WoTr"
If you want to run free as a bird please do other type of jobs
No? You are working for yourself and just taking contracts from a third party. If you are using your owned truck, you are your own boss.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”