Should SCS raise the WoTR limit to 80mph ??

Should SCS raise the WoTR limit to 80mph ??

Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes: 97

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Should SCS raise the WoTR limit to 80mph ??

#51 Post by supersobes » 13 Sep 2021 16:21

I agree with Virgo91. As speed limiters are not mandated by law in the US and thus have no standardized speed, each trucking company has discretion at what speed they set the limiter to, if they even decide to use the limiter. The truck manufacturers have made it so that the computer modules in the trucks are programmable to change the speed limiter set speed. We're all trucking company owners in ATS, so we should all get the discretion of what speed our fleet is set to. It's already possible to change the speed limiter set speed with a simple def edit mod, but unfortunately, the WoTr speed limiter overrides this, even if the mod sets the limit below 65 MPH.
Reis_6

#52 Post by Reis_6 » 13 Sep 2021 16:25

That would be a good idea too, but I believe that for the purposes of equality in WoTr, removing the limit would not be cool.
In my opinion one of the two options I mentioned previously would be good, either limit with a higher average, since 65mph is low compared to most states or limit with each state's limit as soon as you enter it. If you are in texas, go to 80, got out of it, automatically drop to the next allowed speed limit of the state you entered.
plykkegaard

#53 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Sep 2021 17:22

Reis_6 wrote: 13 Sep 2021 16:18 .. If we are going to base it on companies, how about lowering the ETS2 speed to 80kmh?
Trust me on this, the majority goes 90+ kph

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
VTXcnME

#54 Post by VTXcnME » 13 Sep 2021 19:31

plykkegaard wrote: 13 Sep 2021 14:56 Simple solution, don't do WoTr jobs unless in case of an event
You can go as fast as you like
Even on WoTr jobs and downhill you can squeeze close to 70 mph out of it
So people miss out on the DLC's "cruising ______ (state)" event because of it? That's your solution?? LOL. That's a bit of a cop out.

It's not exactly asking for the world to raise it up to what are legal speed limits. Put another way: It's nothing worse to ask for that some of the other wish list things folks ask for.

70mph or 75mph isn't unreasonable. Not when there's plenty of states (IN GAME) that indicate those speeds for trucks.
plykkegaard

#55 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Sep 2021 21:11

plykkegaard wrote: 13 Sep 2021 14:56 ... unless in case of an event
Add it to the whish list if you like, quite frankly I couldn't give a damn

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
OttoReverse

#56 Post by OttoReverse » 15 Sep 2021 15:23

Mohegan13 wrote: 13 Sep 2021 13:32 SCS don't care about the State speed limits.

The limit they use is purely due to future plans with WoTr that will prevent people cheating and getting an advantage (as stated by devs).

Most people feel 65mph was a bad choice, but the chance of them ever changing it is slim to none.
This! The WoTr speed limit has nothing to do with realism and everything to do with leveling the playing field between the various truck configurations and mods available.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#57 Post by Mohegan13 » 15 Sep 2021 15:47

Still don't agree with it. It will still be a level and fair playing field if they increased the limit to 70/75mph.

At the end of the day though, it makes no difference. Because if you're the type of person who follows the speed limits of 20-55mph and someone goes everywhere at 65mph they're still getting a massive advantage. So it's a mute point really.

Once I get my last two distance achievements on WoTr I will probably stop using WoTr contracts except for events. Truth is the arbitrary and stupid ATS limit goes against the realism factor completely and puts me off.

I have absolutely no issue with the ETS2 one, because there is a maximum of 56mph in EU countries due to the limiter laws. So even though the uK has 60mph on motorways you'd be done for it because it shows you removed the legally required limiter. 😅
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
flight50

#58 Post by flight50 » 15 Sep 2021 16:40

Larry71490 wrote: 12 Sep 2021 08:02 It should of been set to 70 or 75 from the get go in my opinion.
This I agree with this.

80mph is a bit high. Most roads here in Texas are 70 or 75 on average. Realistically, if I was SCS, I'd do both. Outside of the busy city, it goes to 70. Another 10 miles out, it jumps up to 75mph between large cities. In the city its 60 or 65 for most 2-3 lane roads. For 4-6 lanes it can even be 70mph in the city. I don't see much 55mph anywhere. But SCS has to open up the map speed accordingly. One thing Texas has is space. So between the cities and there should be a lot of them, 65mph is too slow for ATS. Its not realistic. Treat WoT just like regular game play. Its not limited to 65mph so why should WoT be for ATS.
supersobes
Global moderator

#59 Post by supersobes » 15 Sep 2021 16:47

Mohegan13 wrote: 15 Sep 2021 15:47 Truth is the arbitrary and stupid ATS limit goes against the realism factor completely
That's thing though, it's not arbitrary. SCS likely picked 65 MPH as the limit for ATS because that's what most trucking companies use IRL. For trucks that have limiters in the US, the vast majority of them are set somewhere between 62 and 68 MPH. In ETS2, they picked 90 km/h even though many trucking companies use 80 km/h because 90 km/h is the fastest speed allowed by the fullest extent of the law requiring speed limiters. If they were to use the logic for ATS, then the truck wouldn't have a limiter at all, as that's what the fullest extent of the law allows in the US. But clearly, SCS wants a speed limiter to be used for WoTr. Since there's no law in the US about speed limiters, they only thing that can go off of is what trucking companies commonly use. Using 65 MPH as the limit makes prefect sense from a realism standpoint.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#60 Post by Mohegan13 » 15 Sep 2021 17:02

I've seen people say that it was picked for that reason. But I've never seen that info come directly from a dev, just assumed by the community, did I miss a dev confirming they ever thought this?
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”