Pedestrians would make ATS feel so much more alive.

Travismods

Pedestrians would make ATS feel so much more alive.

#1 Post by Travismods » 18 Sep 2021 08:49

Sure there are a handful of pedestrians in some of the cities, but playing Wyoming the latest DLC just had me a little dissapointed. Most sidewalks are absolutely deserted in the middle of the day. It shouldnt be this way. And the pedestrians in game you find, rarely, are always the same 5 models over and over again, walking straight and then turning back again. It looks very unrealistic and stale, almost like a early 2000s game. Yeah its a truck sim what do pedestrians matter well they do, they make the cities feel more like cities, to at least see them there.

Why is it so hard to have a decent pedestrian density in this game? We can't run them over so that can't be the issue. Why not have a small sprawl of people in each city? It could really help with the city feel when you enter cities and small towns I think. Right now each city just feels deserted. How hard would this be to change? Picture is from a small city in Wyoming I ran across, just absolutely dead. :shock:

[ external image ]
gaillard

Re: Pedestrians would make ATS feel so much more alive.

#2 Post by gaillard » 18 Sep 2021 14:18

Covid containment....

You're welcome ;)
IvanKuz

#3 Post by IvanKuz » 18 Sep 2021 14:32

Pedestrians only exist in places where you can't hit them with your truck, i.e. on sidewalks protected with a fence. This is intentional.
Vabis22

#4 Post by Vabis22 » 18 Sep 2021 15:00

Same as ets 2. Cities look like from Walking Dead 🙃
rookie31st

#5 Post by rookie31st » 18 Sep 2021 19:07

I think randomization of what we already have would be much better. It's weird to see same pedestrians, same delivery guys, same workers etc. doing same things whenever you drive by, either it is 2PM or 2AM. Adding chance of appearance and activity hours would make sense.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
Northern Star

#6 Post by Northern Star » 21 Sep 2021 13:22

All I have to say is.... That would be nice. And I agree with Vabis22 and Rookie31st.
TexasWhirlwind

#7 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 21 Sep 2021 18:34

Do you all have the box checked in the game settings for pedestrians. I have people almost everywhere. Walking, sitting, mowing the lawn, working on cars, playing basketball, standing shooting the B.S. with another ai.
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
Travismods

#8 Post by Travismods » 22 Sep 2021 08:51

TexasWhirlwind wrote: 21 Sep 2021 18:34 Do you all have the box checked in the game settings for pedestrians. I have people almost everywhere. Walking, sitting, mowing the lawn, working on cars, playing basketball, standing shooting the B.S. with another ai.
Lol yeah we do. Even with it checked most cities are completely empty and devoid of live. Yes there are a few here and there, but nothing that makes it feel even remotely city like.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”