Optional Convoy Mod Synchronization

Would you want this option to be available to session hosts?

Yes. The additional freedom is well worth the risk of encountering minor issues.
68%
No. Possible savegame corruption is preferable, as long as everyone can see everything 100% the same as everyone else.
32%

Total votes: 37

Deebz__

Re: Optional Convoy Mod Synchronization

#21 Post by Deebz__ » 07 Oct 2021 01:50

That sounds like an awful idea. More than half of my playtime since the 1.41 experimental betas has been in convoy. Losing progress while simultaneously being forced to play without mods I want would be entirely unacceptable, and would kill the mode for me.

My proposal is better. Don’t want to see desync? Don’t join random sessions with forced sync disabled. Let the groups of people with common sense install the mods necessary to avoid issues themselves, and do what they want.

Maybe set an intellectual barrier to entry with this feature by making people change a config file line from 0 to 1 before they can even see sessions with this option disabled in the convoy browser list.

I don’t especially care how you do it SCS, but please give us the ability to play as we wish, without these artificial restrictions for the lowest denominator of players. Somehow.

EDIT: SCS, if you’re looking, my topic here on the forum is not the only request for this. Other people are requesting the same thing elsewhere, including in Discord. Here are some screenshots:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
stummer

#22 Post by stummer » 22 Oct 2021 12:42

I'd support a flag inside the mod's manifest file. Because the modder should now what his mod does.

And there are several things that aren't visible to other players and don't affect their gameplay in any way, e.g.:
  • Mirror FOV
  • GPS colors
  • map UI items/colors
  • game UI
  • Loading screensshots
  • Dashboard light colors
Vojtech Hladík
SCS Software

#23 Post by Vojtech Hladík » 25 Oct 2021 07:16

Hello,
yes we are aware of such solution, however the game might not work properly in such state.
It is not possible to simply check mod content and user tags are not trustworthy. So we have to expect state where whole trucks, ai vehicles or areas of a city are missing - this would cause huge issues with collisions or our ability to check for hackers sending malicious data.

edit: And yes, "because the game might crash" is an issue for me ;).

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”