Walkaround feature should be enabled for the whole gameworld.

Travismods

Walkaround feature should be enabled for the whole gameworld.

#1 Post by Travismods » 25 Nov 2021 09:27

Picture shows the walk about camera when configuring a truck that was added a while back. I think it would be a GREAT addition to the game if this could be added as a truck camera mode in the open game world, so that you could walk around your truck and how far away from the truck as you'd like, to explore the games cities and countryside also on foot, and like IRl stepping out of your parked truck at truck stops to walk around. And it preferably should not be locked to the truck by a distance, but enable you to go anywhere within the games bounds. They could even add a walking steps sound to make it more immersive.

You can kind of do it already with the dev camera if you have that enabled and press 0, but that disables the collisions so you fly through everything - and the camera is not fixed vertically like the camera in the truck configurator so its quite difficult to "walk" with it, you'll end up going up and down while adjusting with the mouse. If this could be added SCS, it could be really immersive to be able to explore the whole game by foot as well just as in the truck configurator :D

Thoughts, yay or nay?

[ external image ]
plykkegaard

Re: Walkaround feature should be enabled for the whole gameworld.

#2 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Nov 2021 09:52

You could use the same bubble as for the camera movement when in a photo session
But limited to walk and crouch
Some would complain not being able to climb the truck and probably rightfully so

I don't expect it to be available any time soon as it is a feature been requested for almost a decade

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#3 Post by flight50 » 27 Nov 2021 18:36

It would be okay to get out and walk around with limits but having access to the whole game world.....the map isn't build like that to allow that. The map is not build like an open world 3d game like Witcher or Assassins' Creed or GTA for that matter. Its meant to be driven on the roads long distance. Therefore, SCS didn't construct the map to allow free roam. If or when we get it, there will be limitations. We either take it, or leave it at that point. Give an inch, some will want a mile. So SCS will get negative feedback no matter what when we do get the ability to do so.
55sixxx

#4 Post by 55sixxx » 27 Nov 2021 19:10

On a lot of areas, the textures are not that great and it's really low detailed (And rightfully so, because you shouldn't be able to explore those areas from inside the truck.), so, would you want to go exploring a world that on some parts, looks like GTA III ???

This game is about the act of driving the truck, not exploring the world like a sandbox game... There are some stuff that could and should be added to increase realism (In my point of view), but the one you listed is not among them. Being able to walk around the garage is already good enough.

Oh, and btw, FS22 has what you're asking for. That game has trucks too.

Without mentioning that the game engine is limited to do what you're asking for... If they start to add building interiors, shops and etc... It will increase the size of the game a lot and will stop running "smoothly" on lower end PC's or will just not run at all.
plykkegaard

#5 Post by plykkegaard » 27 Nov 2021 19:50

Likely the latter

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Max
SCS Software

#6 Post by Max » 27 Nov 2021 20:22

fyi, we were forced to remake garages just because of the walking in garage feature (i'm still not convinced it was worth it ;)).
old textures were simply unbearable when you could go closer to the wall ...
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
xXCARL1992Xx

#7 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 27 Nov 2021 20:31

and i think this garage has its 3rd version already, first the initial release, second it was extended because of longer trailer combos (doubles/tripples in ATS, HTCs of 35m in ETS2) and then, what Max said, for the walking feature
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
55sixxx

#8 Post by 55sixxx » 27 Nov 2021 20:37

And i doubt people actually use the walk feature to spec the truck in the garage... It's too impractical, you have too keep using WASD every time you need to change something in opposite sides of the truck. Only plausible use is for taking pics, even though it would be better to just go outside.
xXCARL1992Xx

#9 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 27 Nov 2021 20:43

i use it all the time, especially when i have truck where the modders dont care how the dots are placed and you have 2 over each other, this way you can go to the truck and properly select it and i can better see changes (only thing missing is a ladder to look at the top :rofl:)
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Edoo_Kaplan

#10 Post by Edoo_Kaplan » 27 Nov 2021 20:55

Walk feature should be implemented and limited to about 10 m from every point on the edge of truck trailer combo. It should be there only for interaction with truck and trailer, their attaching, their inspection opening and closing, checking and tightening the load, filling fuel tanks, etc. That would be enough for a simulator like ETS/ATS.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”