Cruiseliner
2%
Transtar
5%

Total votes: 885

flight50

Re: Out of Production Truck Wishlist

#51 Post by flight50 » 01 Dec 2021 16:20

^Agreed. Seasoned players are the ones to target. Seasoned regulars won't mind coughing up some green. So those that want free, stick with mods and the core trucks. In due time, they buy paid trucks anyways. So SCS still get you green. Make it...we buy it.

I'll give another few weeks and tally up all the request so that we'll have a poll. People are still finding thus thread. I want to avoid resetting the poll once it starts.
bobgrey1997

#52 Post by bobgrey1997 » 01 Dec 2021 20:44

Paying for each truck individually will be a huge mistake. This is why Train Simulator costs nearly $10,000.
Sets would be far better, both for the players to get more content for the cost, and for SCS to keep DLC count down (which looks more appealing) and to be able to advertise more content in those DLCs.
State DLC cost, on average, $12, while cargo and such are around $5. These cargo packs offer more than a single item, and the states offer entire regions to drive in.
Seeing as new vehicles take a lot more work than cargo, I would expect the cost of these to be higher. Maybe even higher than maps.
A brand pack (for example, classic Peterbilt) with, say, 4 trucks, I could see easily going for $20, maybe $30.
A single truck, given the work involved, would probably have to cost at least $10, but this is too high for what the player gets.
Making several trucks together results in less effort per truck overall. For example, licensing one truck might takes months, but they could spend those same months negotiating multiple trucks. Instead of negotiating each truck individually for a seperate product (each DLC is legally a seperate product, so would probably require seperate license negotiations), taking well over a year, if not a few years to negotiate for 3 or 4 trucks, they could spend a few months or a year at one time to negotiate for all of them as part of the same pack.

Basically, if they make paid DLC out of trucks, they should do them in bulk, not individually.

As for the poll, why would it need to be reset later? Just because someone didn't know about the thread at the start, it doesn't mean they can't leave their vote later.
JackBurton

#53 Post by JackBurton » 02 Dec 2021 05:29

I'd drop $20 on a single classic truck without pause, and many others would as well, judging by the going prices of things not to be discussed on these forums. I usually count a Steam purchase as successful if it returns one hour of enjoyment out of each dollar spent, and a classic truck would probably add 100 hours of fun. Comparatively speaking, simulated truck driving is a cheap hobby. The same $20 would not cover a large fraction of a night out at a bar, restaurant, sporting event, or bowling alley, and you get maybe 2-4 hours of fun out of those things.
DAFmanXFE6

#54 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 02 Dec 2021 07:20

If they were original acts truck quality then I might be abit miffed at $20 for a single truck tbh, but if they’re lastest truck quality then it’s worth it for a single truck. However part of the value has to be not worrying about updates breaking the game!
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
Tristman

#55 Post by Tristman » 02 Dec 2021 09:11

I’m not sure about 20 bucks. If the map DLC are like 12 each, then the trucks would seem very steep in comparison.
20 for a truck pack with several models would be more reasonable imo.
flight50

#56 Post by flight50 » 02 Dec 2021 14:58

$20 is a bit on the high said. $9.99 at the most but even that is a heavy load. When we get cargo trailers+cargo for $4.99-ish, tire packs, tuning packs, paints for decent prices, SCS wouldn't be greedy. They'd approach it as.... sell cheaper, make more sales. The lower the cost, the more people would buy.
bobgrey1997

#57 Post by bobgrey1997 » 02 Dec 2021 16:30

My point exactly. Sure, some people spend $40 or more on illegap content, but they are just a tiny fraction of a small portion of the community. A proper business decision is not made for such a tiny fraction of the audience.
To be more approachable, they simply can not sell these individually and make a good profit. Bundling them together means less effort ovetall per model (as noted in an earlier post of mine), meaning they can turn a nice profit at a lower price per model, so something like $20 for a set of many trucks will not only seem reasonable (or even seem like a steal to those of you who purchase illegal content already), but will make them more approachable to the average player and still turn a nice profit.
$20 per truck just won't work in the long term. The ONLY reason paid mods get away with it is because A: they probably have an actual job outside of stealing copyright material for profit that really pays their bills, and B: there is no competition other than themselves, so anyone who wants that content has to reaort to those illegal mods, and C: price generally isn't an issue to pirates or those who support them.
ASDF

#58 Post by ASDF » 04 Dec 2021 15:40

Kenworth T700 is also a classic truck, it is a truck produced in 2011-2014
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
pigbrother

#59 Post by pigbrother » 04 Dec 2021 15:51

Calling a ten years old truck “classic” is a bit of a stretch.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
flight50

#60 Post by flight50 » 04 Dec 2021 16:49

The T700 isn't too far from a T680. I honestly wouldn't wish for SCS to waste time on that model. We should get the new gen T680 though. That, is new and is a core game type truck.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”