Interior Cabin Light(s) Proposal

Do you want interior cab light(s) in the game?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 16

gt379

Interior Cabin Light(s) Proposal

#1 Post by gt379 » 06 Dec 2021 16:16

Hello to you all and happy December! ,

My wishlist item:

interior dome light for the cab compartment and also for the sleeper compartment

Typically there is one light for the driver side, one for the passenger side and/or one in the center cab and one or two in the sleeper berth.
Sometimes the ON/OFF switch is the bulb cover itself, sometimes it is a dash mounted switch, sometimes it is a switch next to the actual light (it all depends on the manufacturer and also on the model).

Even sometimes (I remember in a 2004 Peterbilt 379), either passenger or driver side, the actual light could be rotated in the desired direction via a swivel socket (to better light up what the driver needs). Next to it was also a red light giving a red hue in the cab (very nice touch while driving, though not necessary!).

Why adding this feature? :

Cabin light is necessary to complete paperwork, to organize items, to find dropped items sometimes :P (you know!), to eat, to read to see what you are doing when it is dark outside!

When playing, I like to simulate the paperwork side of the job and oftentimes the day start or end when it is dark, so a cab light would be needed.
In my real life truck (Mack LR) I use my cab light to complete my pre-trip inspection report when it is dark outside. Even in my car I use my ceiling light sometimes; I think everyone use their cab light!

In-game Implementation as I see it:

In the game, I see a key bind to the cab light either separated from each other or all together (it has to be easy for SCS to implement but it would be nice if the player could select the desired light):passenger side only, driver side only or sleeper only; I don't feel that SCS should do the swivel socket rotating in the game (too much work) but I would expect SCS to do the proper type of light for each in-game truck model that we have. Regarding the red hue soft light, yes it would be nice to have but I don't expect it if the in-game truck model does not have that option stock in real life (only stock not custom I mean).

The poll is to see the interest from this immediate forum community and to show my idea to SCS. Thanks for your time and energy!

Examples of lights and switches:
[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
Last edited by gt379 on 07 Dec 2021 00:03, edited 1 time in total.
bobgrey1997

Re: Interior Dome Light (s) Proposal

#2 Post by bobgrey1997 » 06 Dec 2021 16:19

I don't think there is a need for this right now (I'd rather see the more obvious issues with interior renders of the exterior be fix, such as the hood and sun visor on some of the newer trucks).
However, if we ever get to use the interiors in an expanded simulation of the trucking lifestyle instead of just a bland driving experience, I'd love to see these and many more interior customization options available.
nater6540

Re: Interior Cabin Light(s) Proposal

#3 Post by nater6540 » 25 Mar 2022 20:19

Wouldn’t that require implementation of key combinations so we don’t have to re-map keys? Because the O key on your keyboard turns on your beacon lights, but to turn on the interior dome lights without turning on your beacons you would need a key combination like Shift key + O key
Seerman

#4 Post by Seerman » 25 Mar 2022 20:54

I believe that this is, if not vital, then quite necessary for immersion in realism.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#5 Post by Optional Features » 25 Mar 2022 23:41

Yeah, would be nice to have paperwork/physical maps that would necessitate this being a thing.
room217au

#6 Post by room217au » 27 Mar 2022 02:49

Personally, I think a better idea is a soft glow from above and over the steering wheel sowe can see the damn thing in sometimes near zero visibility.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”