Spending money

JCraigm

Spending money

#1 Post by JCraigm » 08 Dec 2021 20:39

I would like to see more areas of "money spending". I mean most of us make money hand over fist. I personally have well over $200 million in the bank!! I am sure there are others out there with A LOT more than that. How about a truck wash station! Truck gets dirty and air flow is not as good. So fuel mileage goes down. (need to wash the tractor, trailer and engine) How about some rest areas that you have to "pay to stay". While your at the rest area, getting something to eat would be nice, I mean I get hungry. Lets go in the restaurant and pay to eat... ...just sayin...
Schags

Re: Spending money

#2 Post by Schags » 15 Dec 2021 06:02

I like the idea of being able to buy stuff for your garage and upgrade it that way. Maybe hire mechanics, add in different features etc. Honestly, I'd like bigger garages with more spaces for my trucking empire too.
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#3 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 17 Dec 2021 04:00

the cost of a truck wash, pay to park truck stops and food would still not offset the insane cost per load. i think a more realistic load payment would be nice

side note, there are no pay to park rest areas as they are state owned. unless you want to count toll road rest areas and travel plazas due to the toll needed to access them. there are only pay to park truck stops and let me tell ya, most simply suck beans. dirt lot, potholes, spaces filled with not trucks etc...

the exception to this is big truck stop chains such as TA and Petro in big cities, but even so it gets severely overcrowded for the price to park.
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
flight50

#4 Post by flight50 » 20 Dec 2021 15:16

There are many things that can be done to manage money. The first step is to modify the game files yourself til we get something in place. Change the income factor from 1.0 to something like 0.3 or 0.05 maybe. Even still we don't have a good way to burn money. A career mode or company management mode can knock that money problem out the park. Business expenses is the best way to get it done.
shimsham

#5 Post by shimsham » 21 Dec 2021 14:46

Businesses expenses and/or a career type mode would be a very good idea. I have somewhat stopped my company at I think 10 or 11 garages and 44 drivers working for me and I "only" have 9 mil and change in the bank since I have yet to amass the massive hours many members here have. When I started playing a year ago, I thought it'd be cool to build this huge trucking company and even planned to extend it to ETS 2 yet it kind of lost my interest as it doesn't seem to add anything to the game.
flight50

#6 Post by flight50 » 23 Dec 2021 13:54

^I agree. A larger company with more drivers does absolutely nothing for me. On my profile I started the game with, as the map grows, I only get like 2-3 garages in each new dlc and that's only so I can teleport (which is rare). The drivers I have, I spread them out thinner and thinner as I don't hire more now. So I only have like 1-2 drivers at each garage now or none at all. On my third profile, I don't hire anyone but I still purchased 2-3 garages just like on my main profile. I reduced the income factor to 0.3 from the default 1.0 in the game files to bring in less money. Simply put, there is just too much money in the game with no way to realistically dump it. If SCS implemented a legit company management system with monthly, quarter and/or yearly fees, that could finally make the bank a bit more realistic to reflect what a real life trucking company deals with.

There should be a check list for this stuff. There could easily be a list of 1-2 dozen different things to consider that the game could run thru to make income reductions from our bank accounts. From maintenance, to salaries, to hauling fees, fines and to advertisement. I'm sure something put in place can be ran in the background. Company management is just another big requested feature the community has wanted for years now. I see this being a bit more than the casual gamer wants. So I'd throw this into the new WoT for whenever it releases.
Izmaragon

#7 Post by Izmaragon » 23 Dec 2021 18:19

A couple ideas for thinning the game wallets...

In this thought process, levels and fines.

So, one has reached Level 36 in either/both games, meaning everything equipment wise is unlocked. Odds are one has a few ai drivers and is making an ok amount of money a week from ai assistance. But much of the map still has those gray roads.....

At level 72 now, one has visited all the roads on the map, taken every cargo possible, acquired every garage and hired every ai driver possible. Also, at this point, one should be really rich. What has changed since coming out of the skill unlocking climb?
One has more trucks, and trailers for not only themselves but their drivers. traveling quickly nearly anywhere on the map is an option.... The fines remain the same how they've been since first trip on the map.

This is not right, let us have something to link our level counts to so that fines increase with your level after level 36. In fact, link some of the fines to company size on top of ones accrued experience.

BECAUSE....

Compared to the weekly income, fines are paltry pocketchange as they stand currently.

$700 for skipping a weigh? I'll donate to your highway fund. My highest ats profile is Level 77 thereabouts; fine for skipping a weigh should perhaps be more painful, like 700k.

Linking fines to one's level of experience would greatly impact how one plays the game, assuming one has fines turned on that is.

Again, we make money hand over fist in these games, and even ets2, where border running is 2k for a fine. Compared to weekly profit, its pennies. Again, looking at my highest ets2 profile at Level 116; a border running fine should be more like 200k...
Make us pause and not ignore violations and such. Granted this suggestion is moot when fines are off, but still. fines SHOULD HURT.

In the past, I've mentally roleplayed my driver just waving flippantly, "Yeah, glad to help out the local traffic budget....bye."
Because that's what the system in game amounts to currently for fines. Give us more incentive to be mindful of traffic and such. On the topic, link fender benders to the type of ai vehicle smacked as well...

10k for small car/sedan accident

20k for pickup/van encounter

50k for rigid/other semi truck

Again, this is something to help liven up the game experience post skill climb.

--------------------
Another way to put a dent in the game wallet is for leasable parking areas where garages are not located. Places like Faro in Portugal and several areas in Spain. A place where one can temporarily send drivers and such.

I know I've stated this idea before, but have to hear a single dev reply on the topic. but yeah... Just some ideas for the game really.

I completely agree that some other ways need to be added to encourage us to keep accruing money. The question we ask is how; what I offered is one or two ways of addressing this issue.
My WoT

Show trucks are working trucks, they simply do the same job in a slightly more noticeable and stylish fashion.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”